24 January 2013

Sweet potato Mousse Parfaits







I loved this dessert and we fight by the last glass:)))

Times ago I saw a Mousse recipe from Ina Garten but  she made with pumpkin and I think this would be awesome with sweet potatoes, I love them and think are something special I know many of you in States make sweet potatoes in savoy plates and is nice but I love desserts with it, is really similar to a fruit we have here called Lucuma that is sweet and have a similar color, try this dessert I think you would like!

I have others sweet potatoes recipe but a really wonderful is Suspiro Limeño (with sweet potato) from Peru.

Source Ina Garten recipe








Ingredients
(6 servings)

1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup dark rum
2 cups of cooked  and mashed
sweet potatoes
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large yolks
2 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sweetened whipped cream

1 cup cold heavy cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Prepare mousse:
In small heatproof metal bowl, sprinkle gelatin over rum.
Let stand 10 minutes to soften gelatin.

In a large bowl whisk sweet potato pure, sugars, egg yolk, orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg and pinch of salt until well combined.
To 2 quart sauce pan add enough water. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to simmer.
Set bowl of gelatin mixture over simmering water.
Heat until gelatin dissolves.
Inmediately whisk hot gelatin mixture into
sweet potato mixture.

In a large bowl with mixer with whisk attachment on high speed, beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
Fold cream into sweet potato misture.

Prepare cream
In large bowl beat cream until it starts to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla.
Beat until medium peaks form.

Assemble parfaits

Divide half of sweet potato mixture  among 6 parfait glasses.
Top with half of whipped cream.then remaining sweet potato mixture and finally top again with whipped cream, garnish with ground cinnamon Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 or 3 hours.



print recipe


Im sharing with

JWsMadeWLuvMondays









En español

Parfait de camotes o boniato







Breve introducción



Es probable que muchos de uds conozcan los camotes pero otros quizas no. O no los han probado, se ven poco.

Es un hecho que no son muy usados aqui en Chile (quizas porque la gente prepara cosas más rápidas o le da lata no sé)
En todo caso tengo que comentarles que adoro los camotes, antiguamente se usaban mucho más y  he encontrado en el cuaderno de mi abuelita Chela antigua recetas con camotes, aqui siempre se ha usado mas para postre.

El camote es similar al zapallo amarillo pero más delicioso.
Se parece en sabor a la lúcuma.
De hecho tengo una receta de suspiro Limeño con camotes que es maravilloso (la receta es peruana) .
Este mousse es riquisimo y no es dificil.
Pueden cocer los camotes (con cáscara como) dejar enfriar, pelar y moler, si no lo ocupan al tiro poner en un tupper pero usar 1 o 2 dias despues.
Mis camotes los compré en el Lider, en el Jumbo tambien hay.
Donde mas´hay es en la vega, llega mucho camote peruano.
De hecho he visto que se vende camote congelado .

Ingredientes
(6 personas)
1 sobre de gelatina sin sabor
1/4 taza de ron
2 tazas de camotes cocidos y molidos
1/2 taza de azúcar granulada
1/2 taza de azúcar rubia
2 yemas
2 cucharadita de cascara de naranja rallada
1 cucharadita canela molida
1/4 cucharadita de nuez moscada en polvo
1 pizca de sal
 1 taza de crema
1 cucharadita vainilla

Crema batida
1 taza de crema helada para batir
1 cucharada de azucar granulada
1 cucharadita vainilla

Preparación

Para hacer el mousse primero poner la gelatina sin sabor en un sabor y agregar el ron.
Revolver y dejar 10 minutes para suavizar la gelatina.

En un bol grande mezclar el puré de camote, el azúcar blanca y el azúcar rubia, yemas de huevo, cáscara de naranja rallada, canela molida, nuez moscada y la pizca de sal batir hasta que esté homogeneo.
Calentar agua en una ollita hasta la mitad y ahí poner a baño maría la jalea mezclada con el ron.
Cuando esté disuelta agregar a la mezcla de camotes.
En un bol batir la crema agregando cuando esté firme la vanilla . Agregar esta crema a la mezcla de camotes. reservar.


Hacer la crema batida
Batir el resto de la  crema hasta que esté firme y agregar azucar y vainilla.

Para hacer los postres.
Repartir la una parte de la mezcla en las copas.
Luego agregar encima un poco de crema batida.
Luego el resto de puré de camotes y finalmente un poco de
crema espolvoreando encima canela.
Cubrir cada copa con un papel plástico y dejar de dos a tres horas en el refrigerador antes de servir.
Es un postre que es muy bueno para una cena en la noche porque se hace antes .Buen provecho.

 

92 comments:

  1. first first, with my burst. Thi one I would have to skip though, as potatoes are the most hated food at my show haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft! The cat beat me! Blah!

      lol....

      Delete
    2. I bet this is yummy! I love Ina...love to watch her show.

      Delete
    3. Pfft! betsy this cat run and I dont know why
      he hates sweet potato is better he return to his land!!
      Pfft!

      Yes I love Ina recipes too, and believe is really yummy!:)

      Delete
    4. And Betsy beat me.... double pfff and I raise you a HA!
      That said... Gloria, you're making me hungry again. I've gained ten pounds just by reading your blog.

      Delete
    5. Pffttt Blue Im sure is Angie food and not my food that make you gained pounds:)
      Anyway you always look handsome!:))))

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can see why you love this! It has to be delicious and I want to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from the south (Virginia) and love sweet potatoes. This mousse looks delicious!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola, genial pasar por tu lindo blog, saludos y lindo fin de semana, te invito cordialmente a visitar el Blog de Boris Estebitan y leer mi poema cómico titulado “El baile de Snoopy”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, this looks delicious. I have never used sweet potatoes in a dessert before, but it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sweet potatoes and its so creative to make it into a mousse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! Can I join in the fight? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Original! Those parfaits must be so delicious.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen anything like this, great idea! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks good. I like sweet potato pie, and sweet potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Bama this dessert is for you; this dessert is like a pie in a glass lol!

      Delete
  11. Un postre delicioso!! y una linda presentación, las fotos preciosas. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Rosana que delicioso uds le dicen camote tambien a las sweet potato??

      Delete
  12. I want one glass too! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really lovely recipe Gloria, have a nice weekend, a hug....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet potato pie is one of my favorites-served up mousse style in a parfait, no doubt is delicious. I can see why you fought over the last glass.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to prepare your dessert. Can I have a glass? :D Delicious!
    A lot of hugs,
    Incoronata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can, thanks for stopping by!:)

      Delete
  16. you know...growing up sweet potato was not something i liked but these last couple years it has really grown on my...and the creative ways to make it other than just lumps in a bowl...smiles...this sounds good gloria....i hope you have a wonderful weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian I think sweet potatos in desserts are amazing, you knoiw this dessert is like a pie in a glass:)
      Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  17. that is delicious. i would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have introduced me to a new fruit! I'm pretty knowledgable when it comes to produce, but I'd never heard of a Lucuma! Wow, I hope I can try one some day. As for these parfaits, they look wonderful! I too love using sweet potatoes in dessert-pies, cakes, but haven't tried anything so pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica lucua is amazing I heard in some parts you can find lucuma powder to make desserts, anyway sweet potatos is reslly delicious in all:)

      Delete
  19. I've made Ina's pumpkin mousse and it's a delight. Clever of you to use sweet potatoes....pumpkin and sweet potatoes are interchangeable, really. Would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pumpmkin mousse is just delicious too, you know we used pumpkin in desserts too! Thanks Barbara!

      Delete
  20. we don't have sweet potatoes here in my country, but I'd take rum in anything, Gloria :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Dezzy? what curious all the food around the world, maybe some day you can find FROZEN (I learned :)) because peruvians export their sweet potatos and are awesome!
      Yes I love rum in anything Dezzy, I dont know why but you and my mom would be friend LOL
      She love cognac and rum in all:)

      Delete
  21. this sounds wonderful, I must give this a try! I just found you today, from Christine's blog, its so nice to meet you, best wishes from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Que rico, justo para estos días de verano que vivimos en esta parte del mundo. Besos...

    ReplyDelete
  23. En la zona de España en la que vivo, se usa mucho el boniato para la repostería. Sin embargo, yo tengo poca costumbre de comerlo, y es una pena, porque está bien rico. Y esta receta, con esta presentación, es todo un lujo.
    Un besote, guapa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias marga, pues podrías hacer esta receta niña, aprovecha que tienen camotes o boniatos, aqui no siempre encuentro, besos

      Delete
  24. I love desserts in a glass and this one looks so yummi!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amiga, te pasaste con esta receta. Me enamoré de ella.
    Voy a buscar boniatos por aquí, nunca los he visto, pero debe haber.
    te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathalia te gustan los camotes,??? eres mi primer comment from a chilean :)) ami me encantan me dijeron que en España hay, de hecho la Marga me acaba de decir,pero pasa igual que acá no los usan mucho.
      Este postre te va va encantar, en serio, Un abrazo

      Delete
  26. Oh my what a delicious combination ~ Gloria, so yummy, dear ~

    Thanks for sharing the recipe ~

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so clever. I have made Ina's pumpkin mousse and it was delicious. Sweet potatoes is a genius idea. I can't wait to substitute the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear is a really good recipe I love Ina and with sweet potato was awesome!

      Delete
  28. Oh my Gloria! I love everything about your sweet potato mousse! I bet it is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow but these sound soooooo delicious, I will certainly try this recipe out. Thanks. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  30. Me parece que a lo que llamas camotes nosotros le decimos boniato (sweet potato). Tiene la misma forma y color que el que tenemos en Cuba y en Londres. Ese dulce es una preciosidad. Me has embullado para subir una receta con boniato que se llama "boniatillo". :-) En unas semanas la subire.

    Saludos desde Londres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Por supuesto quiero ver tu receta, he estado viendo varias y me encanta (en tu blog) quisiera hacer algo cubano pero no me decido cual:)
      Efectivamente se le dice camote,boniato, y otros mas, aqui le decimos dulce de camote, y me encanta.
      Gracias por venir, gloria

      Delete
  31. These parfaits look beautiful, Gloria! And I love that you used sweet potato instead of pumpkin - I bet it was delicious. This would make a perfect after-dinner treat and it's easy enough to assemble quickly... Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. che delizia le tue idee sono sempre strepitose buona domenica

    ReplyDelete
  33. ¡Muy deliciosos! ¡Tienen un aspecto fantastico, esta receta me la apunto!

    ¡Soy una nueva seguidora de tu blog, me gusta mucho y es my lindo!
    si quieres te pasas por mi blog de cocina!

    ¡Hasta pronto!
    Michela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Michela me encantó tu blog y te sigo tambien!

      Delete
  34. Wow! This is an amazing desert! Very interesting & lovely presented! YUM! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. A wonderful dessert! I love sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Interesting recipe. I love sweet potatoes but don't usually think of them for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarah is true but a lot of people make sweet potato pie and this is like a pie in a glass:)

      Delete
  37. Que buena receta Glori!! No había visto un mousse así. Solamente he ocupado el camote amarillo para acompañar el ceviche. Tu postre se ve delicioso!!!
    Cariños!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Me encanta el camote Rosario y en postres es delicioso; besos amiga

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello my friend, Gloria,
    I just wanted to say hello and find out how you are doing? I am wishing you a happy new year 2013. I hope that all is well with you and yours. I am sending love and hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  40. i don't like the taste of pumpkin at all, but there are so many desserts made with it! i much prefer sweet potato and find myself substituting it every time. this looks great, gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Che dessert originale, non ho mai assaggiato la patata dolce. Sono molto curiosa. L’aspetto è davvero delizioso. Un abbraccio, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  42. Magnifique idée et si originale .....en tout cas pour moi qui utilise la patate douce uniquement dans des préparations salées....il faut que je tente ta recette ...biz

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would fight for the last glass of this also! SOunds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hubby would like the sweet potato version and I'd like the pumpkin version =)

    ReplyDelete
  45. hi gloria, i will love both sweet potato and pumpkin versions too!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the flavors and turning somewhat savory into somewhat sweet. What a happy surprise for the sweet potato lovers in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  47. felicidades por la receta y por el blog, esta genial, asi que con tu permiso me quedo mirando cosas ricas por aqui, saludossss

    ReplyDelete
  48. What gorgeous parfaits, Gloria! My layers never look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Cuando pequeña en mi casa hacian mousse de camote con nueces y manjar blanco.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted