6 March 2019

Passionfruit and Greek yogurt cake (Cake de maracuya y yogurt griego)








Hello to all again with much  love.
The weather lowering a bit the heat which is very nice, and  last Saturday we went to the beach .
I think about three years I didn't go to the beach and It was beautiful. (We went only by the day)
Valparaiso and Viña del Mar)

In the evenings I already feel that autumn is coming (for many of you the Spring)
It refreshes a lot at night!
A few days ago I made this cake and many know that one of my favorite fruits is  passionfruit   (aka maracuya).

As always you can use fresh or frozen passionfruit. I always have frozen. When you buy fresh passionfruit it ripens very quickly!
If you find frozen passionfruit , the Peruvian is so good.








Sunset on the beach
(March 2 -2019)









Ingredients

Cake

200 grams unsalted butter 
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup greek yogurt
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup frozen or fresh passionfruit pulp


Syrup

1 rosehip or hibiscus tea bag
or other tea
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup frozen passionfruit


Method

Make the syrup.

Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F)
Grease a 12 cm x 23 cm loaf pan, line base with baking paper.

Beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for 6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in flour, the add yogurt in alternate batches.
Fold in passionfruit until just combined. Spoon mixture into pan and smooth the surface.
Bake cake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Leave cakein pan for 10 inutes before turning, top side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve cake cut into slices drizzled with syrup.

Syrup method

Place  tea bag in a small saucepan, then pour over boiling water, steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze liquid from tea bag, discard bag. Add sugar and passionfruit pulp to tea, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high then bring to the boil.
Boil for about 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool.

Print recipe













Cake de maracuya















83 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful shot from your beach trip! We are far, far away from any ocean, darn it. And your passionfruit cake looks moist and delicious. I need to see if I can find some frozen passionfruit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy yes we are about two hours from the beach. Finally we can went ! hugs xo

      Delete
  2. This looks so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks fantastic and must be very aromatic and yummy with passionfruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, the addition of this fruit must be amazing ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un ottimo dolce, mi piacerebbe mangiarlo seduta su wuella spiaggia... bacione :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks so delicious...such a beautiful colour!!
    I love your picture of the beach at sunset too...so wonderfully peaceful.😊😊

    Have a magical day, dearest Gloria!

    All my love and hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous right now, Gloria. The beach pictures are gorgeous. We didn't get above freezing yesterday. I'm over this weather! Send me some of your warmth...and that cake! Hugs to you and your family! xoxoxo

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love beach like me !!And you love warm weather!
      Was a lovely and peacful day!!

      Delete
  8. I love passion fruit and I also love the beach sunset. Have a good day, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious! Here it is still cold. Love your beach photos on FB!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amo tantissimo il mare e sono felice che si avvicina il tempo di poterci andare, come mi piacerebbe vedere il tuo ..... peccato che sei così lontana!!!
    Adoro le torte con lo yogurt greco, così morbide e golose, sarebbe ottima ora!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anche me! Adoro il mare so much!! grazie !

      Delete
  11. Having autumn come must be nice indeed, as you enjoy the giant litterbox at your feed haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah Pat, Only I want is autumn coming !!

      Delete
  12. beautiful photo of sunset and delicious cake.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious but not for me :( :( no sugar and all the cakes.... purtroppo.
    Ciaoooo

    ReplyDelete
  14. that really looks good!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love passionfruit; your cake looks so delicious !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delicious looking cake. I have to look for frozen passion fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks and sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adoro questo frutto, brava GLoria!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Favoloso! Un dolce che adoro ^_^
    Un bacio e buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie Dani! Buon fine sttimana anche te! baci

      Delete
  20. That's a lovely photograph of the sunset, and your cake looks delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Jan was nice went to the beach by the day. I loved it.
    Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  22. questo plum cake ha un aspetto delizioso, sembra morbidissimo. gustarselo in tranquillità in riva al mare sarebbe un toccasana anche per l'anima. un bacione cara, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  23. ma che dolce bellissimo...sicuramente sarà irresistibile!
    Complimenti Gloria, un grande abbraccio e buon fine settimana :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. favoloso questo dolce, <3 buon week end un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never had anything like this before. Sounds very tasty. I haven't had passion fruit in a long time. YUM! Thanks for sharing. I am hoping spring will be here soon. Enjoy your temperature lowering.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess ! I love passionfruit is delicious and moist!

      Delete
  26. Oh my! Everything you make looks delicious. Thanks for sharing such a tempting recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Complimenti e buona domenica ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Gloria, this cake sounds and looks fabulous...I love passion fruit...so fragrant!
    I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana Ilove passionfruit too! always delicious!!

      Delete
  29. I've never used passionfruit in a cake, but I'd love to! The syrup with hibiscus sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anche io adoro il frutto della passione, è così fresco. In generale il mare d'estate non mi piace tanto perchè qua c'è troppa gente, tropo pieno. Ma al tramonto o verso l'autunno è bellissimo. Tanta pace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anche me Elena adoro passionfruit! I love beach but especially when only a few people !! baci

      Delete
  31. ha un aspetto delizioso Gloria ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  32. Delicious! And passion-fruit is always so beautiful. I hope you are well, dear Gloria.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful cake, Gloria! I can almost smell the fragrance of the passionfruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce I know you love passionfruit! xo

      Delete
  34. I am always looking for frozen passion fruit and have yet to find it. But when I do you can be sure I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbe ! you can try in Stores where sell latino american frozen fruits. I know Peru export a lot of passion fruit. I use peruvian frozen fruit!

      Delete
  35. I've never had passionfruit cake before. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jeff is really delicious !!usually I use frozen passionfruit and is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful dessert and beautiful photo of the beach, Gloria! I am so happy we are turning to spring as it's been such a long winter...and snowy!! Warm hugs, Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan!! Nice you will have soon spring!

      Delete
  38. It looks so soft and moist. I can almost taste it from here. Delicious recipe, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted