24 February 2019

Blueberry and cheese cream dessert (Gateau au fromage glace aux bleuets)





I love blueberries and all  berries.  Today a really french recipe.
For this dessert also use frozen blueberries because although it has been found fresh you must freeze them if you don't use right now.
(same as raspberries)

  The summer heat has dropped a little but we still continue with those terrible fires especially in forests. I hope they are finished.
And I know that for many of you Spring is already close. Spring is a beautiful season.
I wait for my autumn :)
A hug for all !

 adapted from coupdepouce.com















Ingredients

Blueberry puree

2 cups  frozen (or fresh) blueberries
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 strips of lemon zest

Graham crust

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup melted butter


Cheese filling

8 oz (228 grams) cream cheese
1 cansweetened condensed milk
1 cup sour cream
1 cup greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla


Method

Mlueberry puree 

In a small saucepan combine the blueberries,sugar,starch, juice and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Remove the strips of lemon zest.

Graham crust

Meanwhile in a bowl combine graham crust, sugar and butter until well moistened. Squeeze the mixture into a 23 cm (9") square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until crust is firm.


Cheese filling

In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat the cheese and condensed milk until the mixture is smooth. Add sour cream, greek yogurt   and vanilla and mix well. 
Pour the cheese filling over the reserved crust and spread evenly.

 Drop the blueberry puree in large spoonfuls over the cheese filling over the reserved crust and spread evenly.
 With the tip of a knife, but without touching the crust, draw volutes in the filling to create a marbled effect.

Cover and freeze for about 5 hours or until the cake is firm. Let it soften slightly in the refrigerator
Remove about 20 minutes from the refrigerator before serving.



PRINT RECIPE



















postre de arandanos y queso crema 










84 comments:

  1. Blueberries and cream go so well together. Your pictures are beautiful and the dessert makes my mouth water. Sounds like a delicious recipe. :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love all sorts of berries. This looks mouthwatering with the combo of cream and blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ANgie, me too, always Im thinking in berries recipes !

      Delete
  3. Love blueberries, great idea☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berries for the win. Good the heat is dying down a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sounds good. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be delish..Coup De Pouce is one of my favorite magazines here ..was ..I rarely buy a magazine now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique, I have a virtial library now, so I have Coup de Pouce there!! xo

      Delete
  7. I love autumn as well! Summer is so hot and humid where I live! But I endure summer for the tomatoes and zucchini and herbs, and of course the fruits! Lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Mimi is exactly why I love summer, all these fruits, berries, (I m waiting by figs now) and zucchini and basil . Loely
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GLoria, Thanks for the recipe! If blueberries are featured in a recipe, I'm a happy camper! Love them... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David Im happy you like this recipe, I remember you love blueberries ! xo

      Delete
  10. Carissima Gloria, questo dolce è a dire poco irresistibile!
    Meraviglioso....complimenti come sempre, un abbraccio <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep this scrumptious recipe for our summer ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Helene, you can find the recipe in french !xo

      Delete
  12. It looks beautiful and delicious!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How close do you live to those fires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont live close but last night we had other fires and was more close. Only I wait with the summer is over we dont have more fires.
      This year the most of fires were in the South of Chile where we have more forest

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm just glad that you're safe, although that's no consolation for those who live too close.

      Delete
    3. Yes thanks , some fires were close but not know, but is really sad fires in the forests :(

      Delete
  14. Where will all end, Gloria? The treats are getting more and more yummy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I dont know Amalia maybe some day I would be tired to make posts. I hope not!!
      Hugs and love!

      Delete
  15. Un dolce molto invitante e goloso!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spettacolo deve essere golosissimo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks beautiful and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. how beautiful! i love how blueberries turn almost purple in something like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meraviglioso e delizioso ^_^
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do like the flowers in your header photograph and the words of the quote too :)

    This recipe looks and sounds delicious, thank you for sharing it here.

    Have a good week, I can't believe it will be March on Friday!!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Jan. I love this recipe.
    Same here I cant believe this week is march ! Here is like the end of the summer and is ok. But I can't believe !!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love desserts like these! Always easy to make and good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dearest Gloria, not only does your dessert look so very elegant but it sounds utterly delicious too - such a treat on such very pretty plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ANdrea, aw thanks I love these plates too (old and english) hugs!

      Delete
  24. cheese and berries are good combinations for me. love them.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cheese and berries...such a winning combination...and absolutely irresistible!
    Oh thank you so much for sharing this!😊😊

    Have an amazing weekend!

    All my love and hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine, you too ! hugs and love xoxox

      Delete
  26. Oh my gosh, Gloria. My mouth is watering right now. That looks so good! Much love to you and your family!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  27. che dessert delizioso Gloria,un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gloria, what a beautiful dessert...love the combination of blueberries and cream cheese...awesome!
    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks incredible, Gloria! I'd love to give it a try when my blueberry bushes produce fruit this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, what nice you have blueberry bushes !

      Delete
  30. The blueberry dessert looking awesome and i would like to try in my kitchen for my son.

    Thanks for sharing a such a good and tasty recipe, keep sharing such a new and interesting recipes.
    Indian recipes

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very very good ma, non posso dolci, proibiti. Have a nice we.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ma che buono anche questo dolce, Gloria, da te è sempre una festa! Buon we :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am with you on the berry love Gloria! This dessert looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow does that look delicious! So beautiful, too! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mmm.. yummy! I love the look of this dessert, very creamy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  36. che meraviglia deve essere super golosa!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love to taste this! Blueberries and cream looks wonderful along with the hint of lemon. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stay ahead of the curve with a deep dive into the most promising startups of the year. "Startup of the Year" presents the companies that are set to redefine industries.
    theglobalhues magazine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted