8 November 2014

Cherry strudel (Strudel de cerezas)






We are in Summer here in South Hemisphere (like you were in summer months ago in Northen  hemisphere)
I love the fruits in summer and swim is the best:) 
But I dont like hot time!
But at this age I know all season has it own beauty:)

I made this strudel with fresh cherries but you can perfect make with cherries jar, are awesome remember when I made my little cherries tarts a time ago? I made with cherry jars because we were in winter!
Or use cherry pie filling
BTW the cherry's season is really short!

You can trust me always I think in all people can make the recipe.







Source: "Delicious desserts" from Annes Publishing Limited, UK







Ingredients


3 cups  all purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup hot water
icing sugar
1 egg for egg wash


Filling
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup sugar
400g fresh cherries pitted 
or cherry pie filling
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Method

Preheat oven to 190 ° c (400 ° F)
Put the flour into a warm bowl. Make a hole in the center and add the egg and 1/2 cup melted butter and water.

Form a soft dough and add a little more flour if necessary.
Wrap in plastic wrap and leave for about 30 minutes at room temperature.

Besides mixing the chopped nuts, sugar, cherries and breadscrumbs.
Prepare a clean cloth and sprinkle with flour. Spread the dough on the cloth and stretching with the roller. It should be as thin as possible without breaking.
Moisten the edges with water and spread the cherry filling over the dough, leaving a border around.

With the same cloth roll the strudel .. Paint the dough with the beaten egg with a little water.
Put on a baking sheet and bent into a horseshoe shape. Bake about 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm or cold.

















Print recipe here





En  español

Strudel de cerezas









He visto las primeras cerezas. Cuando fui el otro día a San Bernardo y compré dos cajitas a buen precio, en otras partes estan muy caras. Ver en las ferias.
Lo malo que la temporada de cerezas es tan corta.
Asi que si esperas mucho no encuentras.
Pero igual en el año hago postres con cerezas o tartas con cerezas en tarro o en frasco de vidrio hay unas buenísimas.
Y lo digo tambien por los que estan en el hemisferio norte en Otoño!
Aqui es primavera pero siempre en Santiago empieza el verano antes....




Concepción en primavera

Y te mueres de calor y hay que hacerse el ánimo no más.
Me gustaba más el sur, En concepción ,Noviembre ERA primavera y recién en Diciembre hacía más calor.
Igual que la playa es una delicia nunca hacen los calores de acá.
Pero hay que vivir todas las estaciones no hay vuelta.




Plaza de Armas Concepción




Ingredientes

3 tazas de harina normal
1 huevo 
1/2 taza de mantequilla derretida
1/2 taza de agua caliente
azucar en polvo
1 huevo para la masa al final

Relleno

1/2 tazas de nueces picadas
3/4 taza de azúcar
400 gramos de cerezas frescas o en tarro
sin el hueso o semilla
1/2 taza de pan rallado o migas de pan

Preparación



100 comments:

  1. That is so pretty and looks delicious...I love cherries!

    Pretty flowering trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betsy!
    The trees are from my town where I born and is a lovely place in the south of Chile:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made fresh with a cherry on top, can't beat that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gloria, This is a favorite in my home. I love cherries!! This looks wonderful. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao bella,
    è delizioso il tuo strudel cara,complimenti,io amo le ciliegie!!:-))
    Bacioni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Gloria. La temporada de cerezas terminó por aquí ¡Que pena! Con lo rica que está tu receta, se me apetece y por ahora no lo puedo hacer. La guardaré para la próxima temporada.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Lola pero si encuentras de bote o de tarro igual puedes hacer, un beso!

      Delete
  7. I love cherries! Your strudel looks so very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cherries too ! Wish I can have a slice too. Happy Weekend to you, Gloria. & hope you're going to have a great week ahead.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I'm not a fan of cherry pie but this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'en mangerai une grosse part avec plaisir.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que delicia Gloria! también me encantan las cerezas. Bonitas fotos. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer feels like it was a long time ago for me! Love your cherry strudel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know CC and is the same for me when here is winter and for this I try to make food to every seasons lol
      But is really tempting if you see the cherries make something:)

      Delete
  13. Oh WOW...how did you know I am absolutely addicted to strudel?
    You have sent me dashing off to my kitchen to make one right now...oh this is wonderful!!

    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ygraine Im happy you like !
      You can make with cherry jar or cherry filling pie.
      Is absolutely delicious!:)
      xo

      Delete
  14. Looks so delicious, I love cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks and sounds delicious! It is past cherry season here, with fall in full effect and winter on its way- but now my mouth is watering for cherries. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so yummy! If I ever go to chile, I am stopping by for this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jax of course are welcome if you want come:))

      Delete
  17. Wow che bontà questo strudel, brava Gloria!!!
    Bacioni...

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yes please and the spring blossoms look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  19. Succulent - love the tartness of cherries with the sweet strudel. Yum. Beautiful pictures too, Gloria. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful new header too - cosy by the window with a good book!

      Delete
    2. Yes I love this Suzy!
      Is perfect;)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  20. Gloria, A nice cherry strudel is hard to beat! Fresh cherries make it even better... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your strudel sounds like a great way for you to celebrate summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This strudel looks really tempting and delicious!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I could live at the beach I would love the summer months. If I could eat cherries every day of my life I would be happy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Val I would love to live in the beach too:)
      I love beach in all seasons:)
      Eat cherries every day? Omy Im with you I love them:)

      Delete
  24. Nice to see cherries when here is winter.. I even love to look at them, they make me happy! This is absolutely divine Gloria. Very very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't cherries lovely?? are beautiful and especially I love dark cherries!
      Thanks ALida!

      Delete
  25. This looks wonderful, Gloria!
    Love the cherry pie filling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Meraviglioso!
    Ne preparo anch'io uno simile, ma aggiungo anche il cioccolato. Sono golosa :)
    Buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks incredible Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ma è una ricetta meravigliosa! Complimenti :-) la pasta la proverò di certo! Dentro però voglio provare con le mele!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ciao Gloria :) Amo lo strudel in tutte le versioni e questo è pazzesco! Davvero goloso! La pasta è molto simile a come la faccio io, ottima! Complimenti e un bacione! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love baking with cherries. So yummy. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing.

      Tim has good sense of humour, even though he wasn't happy about Burt on his computer screen.

      Waiting for him to come home to have supper.

      Delete
    2. haha I understand , Im sure if I make this hubby could be a little upsept:))

      Delete
  31. Hi Gloria, love anything with cherries, they are my favorite. Beautiful looking strudel.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Gloria, the cherry strudel looks so...glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful strudel Gloria...and I am loving all the cherries in it...great with a cup of coffee or tea!
    Enjoy your week my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Uno strudel bello e molto goloso!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks wonderful, Gloria! I recently bought a cherry picker just for a recipe like this.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful strudel, Gloria. The cherries and walnuts together in that beautiful pastry look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  37. una fetta la mangerei anche adesso, è molto goloso, un bacione Gloria !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh so delicious looking!! I would love a piece! Very nice, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cherries really are one of the joys of summer--I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear! Really I love cherries, are really beautiful!!

      Delete
  40. Che bella idea! Lo strudel con le ciliegie non l'ho mai fatto, devo assolutamente provare!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  41. Strudel is one of my favourite dessert, Gloria. I love the classic one but yours is absolutely wonderful!
    I've got some problems to post my comment. I hope you can read it :)
    Have a nice week-end!
    Kisses,
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  42. Bravissima Barbara, hai riportato un po' d'estate in questo autunno pieno di pioggia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yum, cherries are one of my favorites! Great looking recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted