30 August 2014

Cherry little tarts (tartas con relleno de cerezas)


This recipe is adapted from a vintage cook's magazine.
Always I make recipes from these magazines.
Is amazing but I have to make more to the next time.
The recipe you can do with fresh cherries or jar cherries and is awasome!
Enjoy!








crust
(5-6 tarts)

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup  butter more 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon vinegar 
4 tbs of cold water


Cherry filling 
1 jar of cherries (450g) 
or 2 cups of cherries without pits 
1/2 cup sugar (100g) 
2 tablespoons cornstarch 
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Method


Preheat oven to 180 ° c 
In a bowl mix flour and salt. Add the butter little by little fingers into fine crumbs. 
Slowly add the vinegar and four tablespoons of cold water. 
Stir with a fork until flour is moist. Make a ball with the dough and let rest about 20 minutes and then  divide in small portions for tarts pan. Extend with a roll pin.(If you need add a little more flour to roll)
Cover the base and sides of pan.
Make the filling.


For the filling 

In a medium saucepan mix the sugar and cornstarch lemon juice and mix well. 
Heat and stir a few minutes. 
Remove from heat. 
With this mixture fill the molds and cover with another circle of dough making a small cut in the surface. 
Bake about 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and golden crust. 
Remove from oven and let cool about 30 minutes before serving.


Source: Revista Paula Chile (Cocina paula)




Print here



En español
Tartas con relleno de cerezas














Tartitas de cerezas ahora aqui cuando aun no llegan las nuevas?
Pues si! tenia muchas ganas de hacer estas tartitas adapté la receta de recetas Paula (antigua) y la hice con cerezas en tarro o en bote lo que encuentren, tambien el Jumbo vende un frasco de Alemania que se llama postre de cerezas o guindas. Es muy bueno y no trae azucar. Pero hay muy buenas cerezas en frasco
Guallarauco tiene.

Ingredientes

1 1/2 taza de harina sin polvos
1/2 cucharadita de sal
1/2 taza de mantequilla más una cucharada
1 cucharadita vinagre
4 tablespoon cold water


relleno
2 tazas de cerezas en frasco o tarro
o 2 tazas de cerezas frescas sin semilla
1/2 taza de azúcar
2 cucharadas de maicena
1 1/2 cucharadita jugo de limón


Preparación
Precalentar el horno a 180°c.
Para hacer la masa colocar en un bol la harina con la sal, mezclar y agregar la mantequilla haciendo migas con los dedos .
Añadir de a poco el vinagre y 4 cucharadas de agua fría.
Mezclar hasta que la masa esté humeda.
Hacer una bola dejar reposar unos 20 minutos y a continuacion
separar segun los moldes que se van a ocupar, de cada porcion sacar 2 circulos (usando la circunferencia del mismo molde)
Yo usé 5 moldes de tartas pero depende del tamaño que se use.
Para el relleno en una ollita poner las cerezas, el azucar , maicena y jugo de limónmezclar y cocinar u poco y apagar el fuego.
Armar las tartias, abajo poner una capa de masa luego el relleno y arriba otro círculo de masa, hacer un pequeño orificio arriba y llevar al horno por 40 minutos o hasta que este burbujeando y dorado.
Retirar y dejar enfriar unos 30 minutos antes de servir.
Buen provecho.

109 comments:

  1. Aw...I love them! How beautiful!
    You'll have to tell Keith to come and see...cherry pie is his favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear betsy and yummy!! You would enjoy you love cherries :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wel he comes sometimes lol
    I love cherries too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I have never really ever seen a recipe for cherry tarts before. This looks so tasty. I love vintage cookbooks too - very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm those would be a delicious treat this afternoon...
    the last time we tried to make tarts we totally screwed up the dough....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, this crust is absolutely amazing only I add a little flour to roll better and was Ok.
      Tell T she has to try this!
      xo

      Delete
  6. They remind me of Mary Engelbreight:) Do you know of her?
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! No I didn't know her but now I saw after you say and she is lovely and amazing !
      Thanks by introduce me dear. I loved all she make and she is an amazing artist!

      Delete
  7. Yummie . . . . may I have two please?
    Hugs Gloria . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eddie....sorry only one by person!

      Delete
    2. haha! Gloria told you! Do not be greedy!

      Delete
    3. Of course:)
      Onlu one by person:)

      Delete
    4. OK . . . . I'll come back twice then . . . . . . lol

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a lovely treat! Would love to have some now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look lovely. I don't think I've ever baked with proper cherries before. I eat them before they get anywhere near a baking bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jo Ithink the same.Usually happens with cherries:)

      Delete
  10. Mmmm... Che belle e che buone devono essere! Complimenti! :-)
    Ciao a presto
    Federica :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow…these look fabulously delicious!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look so yummy. Like a great breakfast option!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't eaten breakfast yet and now this is what I want to have. I have cherries and maybe I should get up off this chair and make those lovely tarts! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These looks very very good:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...cherry tarts...my favourites!
    You have made me feel really hungry...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how the cherry juice is oozing out - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Save me one, Gloria. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Angie I would be happy to share with you:))

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. The cherries this year were very yummy this year. Now I'm excited to play with apples. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I love apples I used a lot this years and ..stil!!

      Delete
  19. Che buona, peccato che qui le ciliegie ormai non si trovano più.. potrei provare con qualche altra frutta? bellissimo dolce complimenti!! :) Dani

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gloria, Great looking little cherry tarts! I could eat 2 of them heated up with a little vanilla bean ice cream... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  21. these look wonderful and love mini desserts

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute--and the cherries on top are so pretty. I am wondering how they would work with blueberries too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger! I think these would be amazinh with blueberries.
      BTW I was thinking in make again with raspberries:)

      Delete
  23. deliziose queste tortine, buona settimana, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  24. That looks good Gloria ~ And I love your new window header ~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Gloria, cherries are my favorite stone fruit, love these tarts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear I think cherries are really amazing I love them too and love this crust too:)

      Delete
  26. The presentation looks very appealing Gloria--and I bet the taste fantastic!

    And, thanks for the comment asking how I was doing. I have been very busy with my job and family and will take a break from posting for awhile. I still be able to stop by here and comment though. You always have the best food ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks by reply I know sometimes we need a break but how I dont see you finally asked:)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  27. Looks amazing! I can imagine how lovely to eat this cherry tart with a scoop of ice cream on the side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im agree Jeannie with a scoop of Ice cream would be delicious!

      Delete
  28. Lovely little tartlets! They must taste divine. I must bake more with cherries...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Gloria, These tarts are irresistible!! I would and my kids would love them. Blessings dear, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gloria these tarts are so cute!!!!
    Un beso
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your tart looks wonderful, Gloria! And I am so jealous of your fresh cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are so lovely Gloria, I love the cherries on top too, so moreish, so tasty!
    Let's have a good cup of coffee with them...what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Une tartelette bien savoureuse. J'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do love cherries and I love the size of these cute little tarts - just right!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vintage... like me. I miss you dear. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love vintage you know:)
      Yes I have to make you a visit dear grumpy!
      Im a little worry, a little sad, busy times and you hiw are you doing?
      Thanks by coming!
      xo

      Delete
  36. Double crusts? That's my kind of tart, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  37. They look awesome, Gloria. Not only do I love two crusts, I love that there is vinegar in the ingredients. A vintage recipe indeed! Yours look so yummy. Pass one through the screen, please:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
  38. I positively adore cherries, Gloria! Haven't had any this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Dezzy but still isnt the time here the problem the season is too short I have a tree but the birds eat all LOL

      Delete
  39. Que maravilla Gloria!! además de preciosas tienen que ser pura delicia, me encantan. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Rosana es verdad las cerezas son deliciosas siempre me encanta la mermelada tambein!!

      Delete
  40. I've missed you and all your delicious recipes dear Gloria :) You always make me very hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Az what nice of you stopping by dear you still are in Arabia?
      I missed you of course!
      xoxox

      Delete
  41. Belle, golose e raffinate, Gloria. Absolutely delicious! :)
    Nice to meet you!
    Have a joyful week,
    Maria Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  42. Me encantó tu blog!! Las recetas se ven deliciosas, te dejo muchos saludos desde Buenos Aires y te invito a visitar mi blog.
    http://alestilodecorina.blogspot.com.ar/2014/09/muffins-de-banana-y-avena.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ciao Gloria, bentrovata! Queste tartellette sono stupende e tanto golose! Complimenti :) Ti abbraccio forte! :**

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Gloria!
    My previous comment has disappeared! Crazy blogger......
    As usual...all is beautiful!
    Enjoy your day!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  45. You always make it sound so easy, Gloria. This looks absolutely delicious! I hope you and your family are doing well, my friend!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love how you decorated the pies with two additional cherries. Perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oooooooh my. These look SO GOOD. I think I'm going to have to try to make these now.

    ReplyDelete
  48. elles doivent être bien succulentes, bravo
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow! adoro le ciliegie! deliziose queste crostatine!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's look fantastic! It's a really delicious tarts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted