24 June 2014

Meringue roulade with raspberries (rollo de merengue con frambuesas)




Well here we are again for the most delicious and lovely Picnic  invited from Louise of Months of Edible Celebrations .

All years Louise hostess The picnic game with the final round up on 1st July.

So Im going on a picnic and Im bringing Meringue roll with raspberries


AAngel food Cake
B Basil leaves in caramelized prawns
C Chicken piccata

E Eccles cake vegan savory
F
G Gluten free and eggless chocolate steamed
H Ham cheese patties
I Italian frittata with vegetables
J
K Kahlua zucchini chocolate chunk bread
L
M Meringue roulade with raspberries
N Nutella rice pudding
O
P Pickles
QQuinoa blueberry mango salad
R Raspeberry and fig cobbler
S
T Two ingredients Ice cream bread
U
V
W Watermelon salad
X
Y Yellow squash crustless quiche
Z



Ingredients

6  egg whites
pinch of salt
2 cups of caster sugar
2 talespoons of cornflour
1 tablespoon of vinegar

Filling
2 cups of whipped cream
1/2 cup of icing sugar
3 cups of raspberries


Method
Set the oven to 170°c
Line a 23 x 30 cm a tray with greased or silicone paper
paint lightly with sunflower oil.

Whisk the egg whites with pinch of salt until they stand in floppy peaks. Beat in half of the sugar and carefully fold  in 
the remaining sugar cornflour and vinegar.

Spread  the meringue over the prepared tin with a palette knife.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes or until just
beginning to colour on top and then cool in the tin for 10 minutes.

Put a teacloth on to the work surface and cover with a sheet of non stick paper and sprinkle with caster sugar.

To finish carefully peel off the lining paper from the meringue.
To make the filling whisk the cream until very thickened and then add the sugar and continue whisk until stiff.

Spread the cream over the two thirds of the roulade and sprinkle with the raspberries (save someones for garnish)
Careful roll de roulade turning the long side .

Using a palette knife to help put in a large dish.
Cover with the cream and garnish with raspberries.
You can sprinkle some icing sugar over the roulade.
Keep refrigerate before to serve (about 1 hour)













print recipe here






en español

Rollo de merengue con frambuesas








Todos los años (hace unos 6 años) Louise de Months of Edible celebrations (un entretenido blog) nos invita a un picnic virtual, lo bueno es  que aunque estemos en invierno aquí yo igual puedo ir:)
Es lo más entretenido con deliciosas recetas y es un picnic internacional, es una de los eventos que encuentro más entretenidos.
Esta basado en un juego que dice, me invitaron a un picnic y llevo en mi caso Meringue roulade... porque es con las letras del abecedario.
Para este picnic hice un rollo de merengue con frambuesas que puede ser para postre o para la hora del té.

Ingredientes

6 claras de huevo
temperatura ambiente
pizca de sal
2 cucharadas de maicena
2 tazas de azucar impalpable
1 cucharada de vinagre

Relleno
2 tazas de crema batida
1/2 taza de azúcar flor
3 tazas de frambuesas frescas o congeladas

Preparación

En un bol muy limpio batir las claras hasta que esten espumosas De a poco
añadir el azúcar por cucharadas siempre batiendo.
Batir bien hasta que el merengue esté firme y brillante luego agregar la maicena y el vinagre hasta incorporar bien.
Reservar.
Precalentar el horno a 160° (más bien bajo)
Forrar una bandeja rectangular con papel mantequilla ya enmantequillado y espolvorear con azucar en polvo.

Verter al molde la preparación de merengue y emparejar con una espátula la superficie (como un btazo de reina)
Llevar a horno a temperatura media-baja por unos 15 minutos o hasta que el merengue se dore ligeramente.

Una vez listo retirar del horno y dar vuelta sobre un papel de mantequilla espolvoreado con azucar en polvo.
Dejar enfriar un poco antes de despegar del papel.
Para despegar se puede humedecer el papel cuesta menos retirarlo.

Aparte en un bol batir la la crema hasta que este firme y agregar el azúcar. Rellenar el merengue con crema esparcir con cuidado y sobre esta frambuesas las que se quieran.
Reservar algunas para decorar.

Enrollar de a poco el merengue como un brazo de reina.
Cubrir con un poco de crema y algunas frambuesas.
Si se desea se puede espolvorear azucar en polvo al final
Refrigerar por lo menos una hora antes de partir.



130 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous. What a great idea my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. che meraviglia golosaaaaaaaaaa! baci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. 3rd! I'm at the grocery. Ha.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear :) You can make with strawberrie stoo or any fruits you like!

      Delete
    3. I was having trouble commenting on my phone...it was so small and I wasn't signed into google. haha.

      Your meringue looks really good...light and fruity! I've never made one! Kind of like Pavlova, right?

      Delete
    4. Sometimes happens with my phone.For this I see usually the pics later:)
      Yes when I was seen in google I find they call roll-pavlova or roulade.
      But this meringue is more soft than the pavlovas (so you can roll)
      xo

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, if you think look like Eton mess, but not mess haha!
      (Eton mess is one of my favorites desserts)

      Delete
  5. I can imagine the melting taste of this. So yummy looking. Love Merringue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are achieving my sweet tooth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, This is a new dessert for us, that's for sure! Looks good! Thanks for the recipe... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those berries look especially tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caspita che meraviglia, adoro la meringa e questo dolce è divino!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. questo rotolo dolce è davvero fantastico, goloso e di grande effetto. un bacio, buona serata

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay - more raspberries! Looks so fluffy and delicious. Have a good picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suza yes sometimes maybe so much berries lol
      I love them! And change every recipe and are something special I think:)

      Delete
  12. Este es uno de mis pendientes querida Gloria, se lo había visto el año pasado a Kako y ahora lo traes tu, así que ya no me puedo seguir haciendo la lesa, tengo que hacerlo. Un beso grande

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Pame en serio lo hizo la Kako voy a ver su receta te prometo que no me acuerdo!
      Yo tenía que hacer la letra M (y aún tengo otra letra) y se me vino a la mente merengue por eso me encantó.
      Much0os besos amiga!

      Delete
  13. Gloria,
    Now that looks divine!!!
    You have persuaded me - next year I shall grow raspberries in my back garden.
    Hugs ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds light and of course i love the inclusion of fruit...
    nice summery dessert gloria....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian yes a little summer in our winter!

      Delete
  15. Nunca lo he hecho amiga, y mira que me gusta... el tuyo debe saber a Gloria bendita ;)
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathy cuando lo hagas te encantará además es muy liaviano.

      Delete
  16. I love the picnic game! This meringue roulade looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. un gâteau parfait j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  18. E' un dolce golosissimooooo!!!!!!!
    Bacioni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy! It looks like I'd probably eat the whole thing, though...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heaven! I'm in heaven, Gloria!!! To think I will be able to throw my blanket down right next to you at the picnic and feast on such deliciousness!!! Can you believe it has been one year since our last picnic Gloria???

    Oh where oh where does the time go? I can't wait to catch up and stuff our faces with all the picnic basket goodies we have this year. it is going to be insanely delicious and soooo much FUN!!!

    thank you, thank you, Gloria. "See" you at the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise Im happy you like it:)
      Im sure we will have amazing and delicious food in the picnic!
      xo

      Delete
  21. I'm pretty sure I could eat that whole thing by myself :) It sounds and looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always.....indescribably delicious!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a spectacular dessert! I hope to make it this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lizzy always touched me when you love something here
      Because you are an amazing cook:))

      Delete
  24. Some berries for me and no number one for poor Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks amazing. I would love to go to your picnic so that I could have a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a perfect looking dessert Gloria! I have never seen such a well made roulade. It looks delicious! Love you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ottimo, complimenti! Non rifiuterei una fettina!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Perfectly made dessert Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Meravigliosamente buona, complimenti!
    Buona giornata!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Goodness, fantastic looking meringue, Gloria. The whole dessert looks spectacular!

    ela h.
    Gray Apron

    ReplyDelete
  31. The meringue roulade looks scrumptious, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks delicious! Love raspberries and this roulade is really appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. J'en ai l'eau à la bouche:) Bon mercredi ma belle ;)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yes, I would love some of this Gloria :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This picnic is always fun Gloria! It is fun to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes Val is one of my favorites event of yhe year!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is fun! I will be joining this game too! Love your roulade! I could not think of a better dessert at this time of year. The only thing is it must be seriously addictive. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is fun Alida and is time still if you want join!
      Yes id addictive.
      I only made a few times!
      xo

      Delete
  38. What a scrumptious dessert! Looks mouthwatering!
    Kisses,dear Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Gloria, This sounds like a very lovely picnic dessert, looks so tempting too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So very pretty, Gloria. And I'd love that meringue in there. The picnic game is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara yes I love The picnic game is the best!!

      Delete
  41. Perfect looking! This splendid roulade must taste really wonderful.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Gloria, this is tempting and irresistible! Am going to sit next to you and have extra helpings. See you at the picnic and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy! I would happy to sharing with you on the picniv:)
      See you there:)

      Delete
  43. Beautiful and so delicious, Gloria! I love all the variations this could make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan!
      Yes I was thinking in blackberries!

      Delete
  44. This looks so light and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Este rollo de merengue tiene una pinta deliciosa!! y queda espectacular...Besos

    ReplyDelete
  46. You have many yummy recipes here. I dropped by for tea, but I'm staying for the nutella.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks and welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This looks so good Gloria ~ Yummy ......~

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gloria, another great recipe..I do like raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely rouland, Gloria! It looks amazing! Please save one slice for me, see you at the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Que delicia veraniega , ligera y llena de sabor.
    Me encantaría probarlo ahora mismo que estoy tomando un cafecito mientras
    leo tu post, Gloria :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Aww gracias Daniela ojala se pudiera cpmpartir en forma real no solo virtual!

    ReplyDelete
  53. A beautiful and elegant dessert. It looks delicious! Blessings dear Gloria. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  54. You always make the most tempting food. Make sure you sit near me at the picnic. I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Good day Gloria ! Mind if I pack one or two slices of your beautiful meringue home with me? Boy, this looks marvelous. See you at the party dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is a perfect recipe in my mind--love meringue, and whipped cream and berries--and it is so pretty. I will have to make sure to get to the picnic early to get a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This looks beautifully soft compared to typical European meringues. Lovely and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  58. J'adore les framboises, aussi, ton gâteau me fait rêver !
    yum !!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Save a piece for me! Thanks for having me at the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Dear Gloria, this is a perfect dessert! I'm sure the raspberries add just the right tang to it.

    (I've made something similar, just by adding some cocoa powder to a recipe very much like yours. Either way, this is a hit!)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Strawberries...and now raspberries - all my favorite summer fruits. I so want to try this one, too. All the things you bake and create look so delicious, Gloria. I love your blog, it makes me want to try out all the fantastic recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beate!
      You are sweet!
      The good is the best time to berries:)

      Delete
  62. Dear Gloria, I am really impressed with your lovely dessert. Your dish is so beautiful but also it must be delicious. A light dish and adding the berries just make it pop! I also have looked through your blog posts and really enjoyed seeing all your goodies. I love tea and I really adore your cover photo with the tea cup. Great job...Have a good day, blessings :) Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hi Gloria , this dish is delicious ... got my dish in hand spot picked out on your blanket and I want a hunk , see you at the picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Con frambuesas que ricas.
    Un saludito

    ReplyDelete
  65. This looks absolutely delicious Gloria. I would love a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Yummy this sounds nice. looks delicious to, thanks for sharing this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  67. looking delicious, to see more vist http://slowcookerstips.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted