11 February 2020

Vanilla Panna cotta with red currants and raspberry coulis ( Pana cotta de vainilla con grosellas y coulis de frambuesa)








Not long ago I discovered red currants can be found here 
at certain times of the year. 
And it's fun because when I saw them I knew exactly what dessert I wanted to make. 
A panacotta with some red currants and a fruit sauce and I just found this recipe.

In any case, this panacotta would be just as good with another berries (strawberries, raspberries or blueberries).

Here follows the relentless heat only in the afternoons I notice that it cools and is a blessing and I try to save the roses that still survive.
It has been extreme heat. How is the world now.
A hug to all who pass through here.
I still believe in love, in friendship and in the wonder of seeing beautiful things in a world that is complicated.
Hugs!


Source : Food 52 (Nicole Franzen)










Vanilla panacotta with red currants and raspberry coulis
(6 servings)



Ingredients

3 cups of heavy cream 
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2  1/2  teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatine 
6 tablespoons water



Red currant and raspberry coulis

1 cup of red currants (or other berry)
2 cups of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water



Directions

For the panna cotta
In amedium saucepan add 3 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved . 

Then remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Meanwhile empty two packets of gelatin into a bowl and add 6 tablespooons of cold water. Mix throughly and let sit for 10 minutes.

Then add very warm cream over the gelatin and mix well. Pour into your dishes. If you are using a cup that you want to take the panna cotta out of, then you should lightly grease your ramekin.
You can use the tip of a knife to run it around the edges or place the dish in a cup of hot water and this will make it pop right out.
Place dishes on a tray and put in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours. If you make them a night before you need them that's even better.

For the coulis

In a small saucepan add a container of red currants  and raspberries. Add the sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
Bring to a simmer and reduce for about 30 minutes. Then push it through a chinois or sieve.
Serve the panna cotta with raspberry sauce.









Print recipe here


























Panacotta de vainilla con grosellas y coulis de frambuesas 
















77 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dessert! I can't wait for the currant season arrive :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the header to the dishes to the dessert:) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sono proprio le piccole cose quelle che regalano la vera felicità. Una di queste lo sarebbe ad esempio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red currants bring back childhood memories from Germany. Your panda cotta is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had a red currant. Are they sweet or tart?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Pannacotta, yum yum. Hope you are well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been able to get red currants. They look so good with the panna cotta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I was really happy when finally I find here!!

      Delete
  8. Great header, Gloria! And your panna cotta is awesome! I can imagine how delicious it is. I have to find red currants, don't think I've ever seen them in the grocery store but will look! Take care xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Not always I find currants here !

      Delete
  9. Una vera delizia! Complimenti ^_^
    Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria, Your vanilla panna cotta Vanilla with red currants and raspberry coulis looks very tasty and artistic too! My grandmother used to make recipes with red currants but its been decades since I've had them in any form. Thanks for the idea! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tuoi dolci sono sempre irresistibili! Un abbraccio grande a presto :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks wonderful! I also love your serving dish. I'm jealous of the heat you're having, Gloria. Today we're having storms followed by super cold temps. My poor migraines have been a mess.

    Elsie
    (new domain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie, hope you feeling better of your migraines !! hugs!

      Delete
  13. Mi piace tantissimo! molto molto brava

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love preparing panna cotta,so yum! And your plates are so pretty☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Se ve hermoso....y sin duda esta delicioso!!....dan ganas de comerlo de inmediato.......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love currants but don't seen them for sale here! I know I would love this beautiful dessert, Gloria! So pretty too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Berries sure are a winning combo indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love them, now you say I remember Jax dont like strawberries but I dont remember why!!

      Delete
  18. It's beautiful, Gloria. I also choose to look for love and beauty in this harsh world. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful dessert, Gloria! I wish I could find currants here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks David, yes here I find sometimes, was funny because I bought currants and then I find the recipe that I liked !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello !! how are you doing dear? Thanks by coming!

      Delete
  22. What a gorgeous dessert, Gloria! I sure wish I could find those beautiful red currants here---I'll keep looking! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Lizzy yes always sometimes I find these beauties, today at super I dont find any special fruit, Im waiting by figs !! I love them !

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree, a really gorgeous dessert...it looks so pretty and so delicious too! Thank you so much for sharing.😊😊
    I do so hope you are well...and wish you a happy week!

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful looking dessert, many thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Take care, and enjoy the week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well the food you make definitely makes people smile and their stomachs sing with happiness. The pictures look so good that I wish we lived closer to have coffee and dessert together. YUM! Sending you some smiles and kindness across the miles. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  27. aw Jess You make me smile always!!I would like we live close to share with you all my desserts and others!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Gloria, red currants are very popular around here and they are abundantly available once they are in season - in the meantime you can always get them frozen. This is a picture perfect dessert - love panna cotta, love red currants and love your pretty presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Andrea, I think was Gerlinde that talked me about red currants. I love them but not always find them :)

      Delete
  29. Fresh red currants? You are so lucky, and I love the idea of paired with panna cotta, one of my favorite desserts...such an elegant dessert Gloria.
    Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes !! I was happy when I found not always we have here only some times. Love panacotta too.
    Thanks Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  31. Un ottimo dolce al cucchiaio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. J'adore la panacotta et ta version me plait. J'en mangerai avec grand plaisir.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have red currants that grow in the yard. This sounds like a wonderful way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jeff you are really lucky to red currants in your yards !

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love panna cotta. This looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  36. adoro la panna cotta!! quando vado in montagna è sempre il dolce che prendo a fine escursione :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anche me Andrea one of my favorites desserts!

      Delete
  37. I've never made that kind of sauce before. Love the brightness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted