3 February 2020

Olive oil and orange juice Bundt cake (bundt cake con aceite de oliva y naranja)








Why do I feel that time goes by so quickly in recent months? (and that I do not like summer) but I really do something for the blog and I need time to publish it. Im so sorry . 
But I am already here .

 Only some days agoI made  this cake with olive oil and orange juice and  was very good, great. 

(Olive oil makes the cake more moist) and orange juice is always delicious.

The recipe is from a book in English that is very good: "Genius desserts" by Food52 (different authors)
It is very good served with some strawberry jam.
It is a recipe that you will like for any time.

" Maialino  (a great Pastry chef)also offers this cake at breakfast in muffin form, and they've been known to turn it into a birthday cake, layered with mascarpone buttercream )  
From the book Genius desserts



Adapted from : Genius desserts (Food 52)






Ingredients

2 cups (300  g) all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups (260 g) sugar
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
 1  1/4  cup  whole milk 
3 large eggs
1  1/2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest 
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup grand marnier or Cointreau  (optative)


Method

Heat the oven to 170 ° c (350°F) with a rack in the center.
Oil or butter a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pan (or a bundt mold)

Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
Whisk together the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange zest and juice and grand manier in a larger bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Scrape the batter into the pan.

Bake until the top is golden and firm to the touch and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean  about  45 -50 minutes.
Let the cake cake cool in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes.

Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack,.
Let cool completely about 2 hours.
Store at room temperature. If you want  to keep the crust crisp cover only the cut side of the cake with parchment, not the top.

Note: I served with some strawberry jam.




print here





















En español

Bundt cake con aceite de Oliva y jugo de naranja


80 comments:

  1. I have never baked a cake using olive oil...somehow the combination of olive oil and orange sounds amazing...the cake looks fabulous Gloria...thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, this looks so good. Are you on Food 52? It’s a nice website I haven’t visited lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerlinde, Im not in Food 52 but I have friends there and always try the recipes !

      Delete
  3. This sounds good.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combo of olive oil and orange juice. This bundt cake looks so lovely and I bet it tastes amazingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie !!I love bundt5 cakes you know !

      Delete
  5. You have a wonderful blog! The topics you write about are very close to me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    I follow you through GFC! If you want, go to my blog :)

    MY NEW POST: ФИЛЬМ «СВЕТСКАЯ ЖИЗНЬ» / ОТЗЫВ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange cake! Yours looks so moist and lovely. There are lovely orange groves around here and right now is prime picking time so there are really good oranges in the market. I'm giving this yummy cake a try.
    Amalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you like Amalia, I love oranges always I have at home , I use in many things in kitchen! hugs!

      Delete
  7. This bundt cake looks so delicious, Gloria!
    Welcome back :-). As you wrote, time flies! The first month of the year has already gone. It's unbelieveble!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, we love orange cakes at my home, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sembra ottima. Mi piace anche l'idea della versione muffin per la colazione. Dalla ricetta in cups lo zucchero sembra meno della farina ma nella conversione in grammi vedo più zucchero che farina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Elena! I wiull see the recipe again Elena to see the conversione.

      Delete
    2. Elena I find the problem is in the book but I fix it looking the conversione (Usually I use only cups and is fine) Grazie Elena y told me , Un abbraccio

      Delete
    3. happy to have helped you Gloria ;-)

      Delete
  10. Love cakes w/ Olive Oil..they are super moist:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. bellissima e molto golosa, baci :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tuoi dolci sono sempre buonissimi Gloria! Un abbraccio :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Una torta deliziosa! Un bacio grande ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Como me gusta!....se ve delicioso y aromatico!!!!.........Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its look very very good. Have a nice evening kiss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea to serve with some raspberry jam!!! Such a wonderful dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure looks like a fine cake indeed. Yep, time is flying on by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love a slice of that cake with a nice cup of tea :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet that orange juice really makes it flavorful. With the addition of jam, it sounds like a little bit of heaven ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Qué apetitoso!!!

    Me ha gustado mucho volver a saber de ti.
    Espero que todo te vaya muy bien.

    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Igual pa ti Toro me sigue gustando como escribes.gracias por venir

    ReplyDelete
  22. è perfetta con una tazza di the,grazie per questa bella ricetta Gloria, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Un ciambellone perfetto per una sana colazione!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gloria, I love bundt cake and the fact that its moist is critical! Never thought about using olive oil. Love the addition of orange juice and jam on top. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  25. Un profumatissimo ciambellone reso ancor più goloso dalla marmellata di fragole!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  26. How can you possibly not like summer? I hate winter. The cake looks interesting. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you like summer Diane, many people do!But Im a autumn/winter girl maybe where I borno we had a lot of rain, fresh winds and all, here in Santiago we suffer a hot summer with climatic change and we dont so much water so is hard. I love some things of the summer, swimming, flowers, fresh fruis! take care

      Delete
  27. Man, this really makes me hungry for orange cake! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks tasty. I do like orange in cake. So yummy. Also- I agree with you that time sure does seem to fly by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Jess ! I hope you have a nice weekend too !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds fantastic, Gloria! I like the idea of layering it with jam and mascarpone cheese! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I see olive oil cakes everywhere. This looks delicious--guess it's time I tried one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Delizioso questo bundt cake!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the flavor of orange and the olive oil cakes I'm made have been winners too! Wish I had a slice :) Have a great week, Dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous cake, Gloria! It looks so moist and delicious, love it. I've never used olive oil in cake and am looking forward to trying this, thanks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I love olive oil in cakes, really moist!

      Delete
  35. Dear Gloria, I love baking cakes with olive oil - it gives great texture and a wonderful taste to cakes. Serving some lovely jam alongside is also a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about orange juice and olive oil. Please keep sharing. Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted