29 February 2020

Mediterranean tart with aubergines and tomatoes (tarta mediterranea de berenjenas y tomates)













And here we are again, and how time flies !! And seriously it is not that I do not have recipes but I need time to sit on the computer, just as I wanted to do it makes me be a quiet time and think about other things. 

March is a difficult one here and it seems that it has been moved with all the problems without solution, we remain almost the same as when the things started.

I bring you an eggplant tartlet that I found in those recipes that I keep in small pieces of paper or cuttings (many) and when I put myself in order I find them.
The dough is delicious and it not difficult  to make , for those who do not want eggplants can make it with zucchinis, it serves for lunch or for any meal.

Thanks to all by coming!!!


Source  : Receta Revista Ya





Ingredients (crust)

2 cups plain flour
100 grams unsalted butter cubed and chilled 
4 -5  tablespoons ice water
1 teaspoon salt


Filling

2 medium aubergines (eggplants)
2 riped tomatoes
1/2 cup minced fresh basil
1/2 cup olive oil
2 garlic  cloves chopped
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese



Method


Make the dough:

In a bowl put the flour and salt.
Add the butter into small cubes and mix with yours fingers.
 then add a few tablespoons of ice water just to shape and wrap the dough in plastic film and let in the fridge for 20 minutes.

Then stretch the dough with a rolling pin and place it on a greased  tart pan or dish pie . Lift the edges about 2 cm.

Gently prick with a fork and place parchment paper and a weight over it (beans or chickpeas)
Cook about 15 minutes at 180 ° c.

Filling

Wash, dry and cut the eggplants into very thin slices.
Also cut the tomatoes into thin slices. Chop the garlic cloves.
Grease an oven tray with olive oil. Arrange the eggplants and tomatoes on the tray.

Sprinkle with the chopped garlic and add salt and pepper.
Distribute olive oil over the vegetables and bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes.
See that the eggplants are soft.

Fill the pie dough with a layer of eggplants and tomatoes then distribute some chopped basil.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve hot with a little chopped basil.



Print recipe






We were on the beach yesterday (Viña del Mar/ Valparaiso )
(was lovely)






























Tarta de berenjenas y tomates










58 comments:

  1. Have never had a tart made with aubergines! This is such a delicious and creative recipe, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like a winner. Yeah, finding time to sit at the computer can be hard some days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat and yes happens.And you with the kids and cats;)

      Delete
  3. Gloria, Very nice recipe but thanks for the suggestion to use zucchini instead of eggplant as neither of us like eggplant. I've been watching the news coming from Chile and it looks like you're right. Things don't look any better politically than they did before all the troubles of last year. Chaos is bad for your economy and if a Ricky Martin concert draws protesters, just bout anything will... I hope that 2020 brings improvements to Chile...and to the USA as well. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes David we are ok but we aren't sure what would happens In Abril, we are voting for a new constitution , we have to wait..and pray!Thanks David

      Delete
  4. This tart sounds delicious. Love the colors of the tomatoes. Hope you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Questa torta salata è molto bella e chissà come è buona ^_^
    Un bacio grande

    ReplyDelete
  6. A slice of your tart and a little salad on the side and I'm in lunch heaven. Aubergines and tomatoes go so well together. Happy March, dear Gloria. And a hug.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia I love aubergines and tomatoes!!Happy March for you too!

      Delete
  7. This sounds so incredibly good, Gloria! Once I am back on my feet, I want to make this - especially since the tomatoes are just coming into season now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmm mouth watering this sound fabulous. On my to do list. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicioso Gloria!....a nosotros las tartaletas de verduras nos encantan....la tuya se ve deliciosa!........Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gloria, I love both aubergines and tomatoes...and always trying new recipes for aubergines...this savory tart looks and sounds amazing...thanks for sharing it.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beach is beautiful and so is your tart! I cannot wait for fresh garden tomatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy yes I love summer tomatoes are really tasty

      Delete
  12. This looks and sounds like a delicious treat. I love almost anything with tomatoes and ones from the garden are even better.

    The beach is one of my favorite places in the world. Always lovely to visit the beach. :)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another good looking dish!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could just eat some of that!
    Lovely recipe and I enjoyed seeing your other photographs too.

    My thoughts and good wishes for the month of March.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gloria! I'm sorry that March is difficult.
    I hope solutions come.
    Your food always looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Un ottimo piatto per l'estate, adoro le melanzane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum, love this combo if flavours and the colors on your tart are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gloria, here in Italy the situation is very critical. it would be a dream to be able to go to the beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Elena we pray for Italy. Now coronavirus is here too. What difficult times we love. Un abbraccio.

      Delete
    2. Grazie. Un abbraccio anche a voi

      Delete
  19. It looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. davvero deliziosa e salutare! che bella vina del mar, ho sempre visto le foto, spero un giorno di poterci andare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie anche a te Andrea ! I hope you be ok !! un abbraccio

      Delete
  21. Dear Gloria, I'm slowly trying to catch up since we were on vacation for two weeks recently. Don't think we'll be traveling again any time soon with the health concerns so glad to be Home Sweet Home :) I love the photo of the beach. It must have been so peaceful. Your cute little mushroom decoration in your plant container is adorable. Your tart sounds so delicious and I love the combination of eggplants and tomato! Happy wishes to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Susan, this was a yummy and delicious tart, my daugther loved it!! she loves subergines, and me too!!THis day on the beach was wonderful and lovely, not corona virus was the only day we went to the beach!!
      Hugs and love and be safe at home Susan

      Delete
  22. This looks lovely and we will be prefect for getting to the growing season (soon)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want some now! :)

    I have so much eggplant at the end of the summer (from my garden) and I am always trying to think of new ways to eat it. This is a recipe I have to make when my eggplants are ready. Sounds and looks so delicious. YUM!

    Stay safe!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

  24. Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got Blank ATM Cards from Mike Fisher. Honestly I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my door step to have received my blank card to withdraw 12,000 euros, which I requested for business. This is really good news and I am so happy that I advise all those who need a real HACKER should contact him and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 315-329-6320 There are sincere Hackers
    They are able to Delivered your Blank ATM Cards
    Contact Mr Mike
    E-mail: blankatm002@gmail.com
    Telephone: +1(301) 329-5298

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice!. For making Chicken Vegetable Samosa at home For my video visit
    Arfa Recipe
    and
    subcribe my youtube channel Recipes with arfa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice! For make Peach Juice Recipe homemade. For my video visit
    Arfa Recipe
    and
    subcribe my youtube channel Recipes with arfa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Donec pharetra, odio non scelerisque fringilla, libero leo luctus sem, in pharetra lectus elit ut enim. Donec sit amet elit sem. Bayrak İmalatı Flama Üretimi Olta Bayrak Cras id augue vestibulum, sodales nisi a, lacinia neque. Praesent non fringilla tellus, nec convallis massa. Vivamus elementum tellus www.karsiyakabayrak.com Donec ullamcorper massa id neque sagittis gravida. Phasellus euismod eget elit vel aliquam. Praesent sit amet odio at libero vulputate lobortis.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted