14 March 2020

Classic peach jam (mermelada clasica de duraznos)































While I am writing this text I think what to say because I try to leave the bad things aside, the protests continue, the immutable government,  Coronavirus here and everywhere and March agitated of course.

Of course I do not stop cooking or baking (in this house it is important) but I have had a lot to do in this time with summer and going to the kinesiologist. Now I'm not going to the kinesiologist I hope to return it but I don't know when.

I have dedicated myself to cleaning and ordering to be better for Autumn. And find all these little blessings that sometimes we forget. 

My books (reading again)
my home
garden (roses are blooming again)
my dogs ( aw the dogs always love us)
cook and baking


Well, in the middle of everything I made peach jam again and decided to post it because it was beautiful and delicious  and thanks to my friend Paulina Gomez who gave me some peaches.



There is something special about homemade jam.The smell of fruit  cooking is sweet and delicious and the aroma wonderful.
Made me remember my grand mom!!

Thank you for coming, for your words and your support, thank you!


Source : Fountain Avenue kitchen

Nota: 
He querido agregar algo en español porque igual hay mucha gente de mi pais que me lee las recetas.
Las recetas vienen de mis abuelas, mi mamá (que murio hace poco) y de mi busqueda e investigacion por 10 años.
Por que digo esto porque hay mucha receta en ingles que las he traducido para prepararlas o sea son algo especial.
Cualquier consulta preguntenme.(Estare aqui)
Hay recetas desde los basico hasta cosas mas esmeradas pero todas con productos que se encuentran aca en Chile.
Vivimos tiempos dificiles y es complicado cocinar algo distinto todos los dias. Ademas hay mucha receta vegetariana y algunas veganas .
Un abrazo a todos 








Ingredients

2 kilogramos(4 pounds)  peaches  peeled pitted and finely chopped  (about 4 cups finely chopped )
5 cups sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon butter
1  box or envelope of  fruit pectin ( powdered pectin)

(Note ( I hear Sure jell  powdered pectin is really good )



Nota : Aqui en Chile el Jumbo tiene unas cajas con tres sobres de pectina. ( en sector mermeladas)



Method

Place the peaches and lemon juice into a heavy based pan.
At this point you can mash the peaches a bit . (I dont need it, I love some beauty pieces in my toasts)

Measure the sugar into a separate bowl and set aside . Stir the package of pectin into the peaches and add butter.

Stirring frequently bring the peach to a full rolling boil. then add the sugar. Stir to fully incorporate.

Cook down for about 20 minutes and skim off any scum that settles on surface.
To test if the jam is the correct  consistency put a little jam onto a cold plate. Set aside. If the jam forms a skin and sets it is ready to jar, If not return to heat and continue cooking about 10 minutes,

Leave to sit for 20 minutes to cool slightly this allows the fruit to settle evenly instead of floating to the top when you transfer to the jars.

Spoon the jam into the jars, seal later. 

Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Store them in refrigerator.




print recipe here






















64 comments:

  1. Your jam looks delicious! Cooking is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to summer to enjoy fresh peaches. I love to make fresh jam and jellies. I enjoyed reading your words in this post, Gloria, and hope that you are doing well.
    xo
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Roz ! We are living difficult times . Im a little tired too. But my moof is good. Baci

      Delete
  3. Amo la confettura di pesche.
    E' un bruto periodo, speriamo che finisca presto ^_^
    Un abbraccio grande

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Dani, I know we live difficult times, un abbraccio cara!

      Delete
  4. Homemade jams taste so good! I can't wait for the stone fruit season arrive here. Happy Sunday, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing things you enjoy is the best indeed and keep on baking away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post on how to see the good side of staying home! I'm going to bake some pumpkin bread for the boys today! Your jam sounds amazing...I can't wait until peach season here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy I appreciate be at home because many years I have to go to work out and these years caring my dad and helping my mom was hard. When my mom was here was more easy because she stay at home with us. Hugs

      Delete
  7. My husband and I have decided we will spend more time at home also, avoiding large, crowded places like restaurants. More cooking for me but it will be peaceful too. I have lots of organizing to do anyway :) Let's all safe safe and enjoy our stay at home hobbies. Your peach jam sounds wonderful! What a nice friend to give you peaches ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice you be at home well and safe and peaceful dear Susan !! yes Paulina is a nice friend of us and she live close to our home ! hugs!

      Delete
  8. Take care Gloria..smart to occupy yourself with indoor loves♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Monique, I love little things and beauty things maybe the world is a chaos but I love beauty things always !!My mom was the same or Im like my mom !
      Be safe and take care Monique !!

      Delete
  9. I love peach ham and that you are finding joy in small things. Cleaning is something that brings me peace and so does baking. Wishing you a safe and yummy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Ivy yes today I was cleaning and lookin some sweaters and clothes because autumn coming soon anyway still we have hot time, I love autumn!!! hugs!

      Delete
    2. We love autumn too. So pretty.
      Stay save and Happy Baking.

      Delete
    3. Take care dear Ivy. Send you hugs and love !

      Delete
  10. io la mangio ogni mattina e fatta in casa è tutta un'altra cosa! Brava

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gloria, We've never made home-made jam. My mother and grandmother did but we've never gotten into this craft. As for coronavirus/Covid-19, we have retreated into our house...in a form of self-isolation in order to minimize our risk from the virus. At my age and with underlying conditions, I'm in that vulnerable age group. Hopefully, this problem too will pass... Take Care and Stay Positive! Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grand mom and my mom made always jams , I usually make in summer because we have apricots and this year a friend of mine give us peaches.
      Dear David take care you and your wife, we try to obe ok too!hugs

      Delete
  12. De ce côté-ci, nous devons encore attendre quelques mois pour avoir des pêches de saison.
    Très bonne cette confiture.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Que rico Gloria...me encanta!!....calma y paciencia.....en estos tiempos hay que mantener la calma y fe.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Estoy de acuerdo Marcela en el fondo nos vamos acomodando a las circunstancias!

      Delete
  14. Looking at that jam, makes my mouth water! I'd love to have some of that jam on a piece of toast with a hot cup of coffee! That would sure be a nice way to start out the day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lon Im glad you like this peach jam was really good !!yes love with my toasts at breakfast !

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was nothing like homemade jam, and peach is one of my absolute favorites! On toast, in a cake, or with cheese - it’s the best. Stay well, Gloria, and I hope tomorrow is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear David, I try we live right now in a difficult world sigh!
      I love peach jam too!!!

      Delete
  17. I also come to blogging to find a little peace and sanity, it is crazy out there. I'm glad to find your delicious jam, for me, a slice of bread with a little butter and jam is as nice as any cake.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Amalia I send you love and and hugs, we all need peace and hugs !!!

      Delete
  18. Le marmellate fatte in casa hanno tutto un'altro sapore rispetto a quelle che si comprano. Sarà la frutta, la cottura. Questa confettura è venuta benissimo, ha mantenuto un colore stupendo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vero. adoro la marmellate fatte in casa, Im agree with yo. I s really different!!
      I love make jams in summer, Un abbraccio cara Elena

      Delete
  19. Dearest Gloria...oh how I long to reach out and give you a comforting hug!
    Yes, I guess the best we can do at present is just hang onto the things we love.😊😊
    Oh WOW, your peach jam sounds and looks simply amazing...I will try to make some as soon as peaches become available again (there is very little food available in our local stores at the moment, due to people panic buying!).

    Please stay safe, my dear friend.

    Sending you lots of love and hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks Ygraine I think today especially I needed a big hug, anyway I love blog cause all my best friends are here and always are nice.
      Hope you have beautiful peaches this summer Ygraine, love and hugs!

      Delete
  20. Le confetture fatte in casa sono sempre le migliori ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vero Zia, I love all jams make at home!!Un abbraccio tesoro and be safe !

      Delete
  21. This sounds positively delightful, Gloria! I'd enjoy it on some warm scones or toast with a mug of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's not the season of peach here, in France;
    look forward to doing my shopping freely
    Take care of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know Lou, you are close to spring!! and we will be in autumn!! Merci beaucoup
      and take care

      Delete
  23. Oh how I love homemade peach jam. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How delicious! I love peach jam!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes you certainly didn't need coronavirus on top of everything else. But peach jam (and roses and the beach) are lovely. I just watched a movie called About Time that was big on stopping to appreciate the good things rather than stressing on the problems. I am trying to take that to heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Inger same here, be safe and take care ! xo

      Delete
  26. Dear Gloria, now I certainly would not mind some of that delicious looking peach jam of yours - peach is one of the most delicious stone fruits around and you are so right when you say that peach jam is best enjoyed when homemade!
    Such a lovely post, my friend and how nice that you received fresh peaches from a friend!
    Stay safe in these tumultous times!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Andrea, hope you are doing well my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Although I have never made jam, it does remind me of my grandmother. This looks so yummy. I am glad you are getting lots of cooking done and stuff around the house. Hopefully the world will calm down soon. Hugs!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Jess My chilean mom always make Jam and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing Content I keen of your design and Detailed Understand next time I will Visit again kitchen guides

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted