4 September 2019

Apple ginger mini pies (mini pies de jengibre y canela)













Although I love autumn and winter very much, I am always surprised by the first signs of Spring.
Here spring begins on September 21, more than ever the flowers of the trees are like a miracle. 

We have had a bad winter, very icy and without rain and this is the worst, the planet really has a problem of climate change in that the seasons are no longer the same. 
What will happen to the apricots, peaches and others? Only we have to wait . 

In the old times the people of the countryside lived in seasonal changes, the summers, and then the autumn in which the nature rests and then the winter in which we need the rain, and all begin again.
But just now nothing is sure.
Oh well, I made these  apple mini pies.
I love apples and especially apple pie!

Source : dough from my recipes notebook

            Apple filling : Weith watchers.com









Apple ginger mini pies

Ingredients
dough

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
8 tablespoons unsalted ice butter 
or 3/4 cup ice butter
4 or 5 tablespoons of ice water

Filling

8 medium peeled fuji apples  cored and cut in chunks
(you can use others apples you like,  Granny Smith or others)
2 teaspoon ginger grated
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
5 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
2 yolks with some milk to brush

Method



Combine2 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and grated lemon  in bowl. Cut butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened,
(If you think it is necessary  add a little more cold water,but the dough would  be still  crumbly )

 Divide dough in half shape each half into ball of dough in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Roll the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3,5 inch  cookie or a cup. cut out 12 circles deom the pie crusts, Roll any scrap pieces as needed to cut out the circles.

Place each circle of pie in each cavity of some tart or muffins pan . Gently press the dough down and around the sides, making sure the dough fits in each cavity of muffin pan. Transfer the pan and leftover crust to the refrigerator while you make the filling.


Filling

In a large mixing bowl combine apples, ginger, cinnamon,  lemon juice,sugar and flour .

Remove the pan from the refrigerator and evenly distribute the apple filling between all of the cavities (about 2-3 tablespoons per mini pie)
Preheat oven to |180°c (350° F)
Remove the extra pie dough from the refrigerator cut the strips or others tops of pies and place them on top.
Gently press ends of the dough strips onto the ring of the ramekin.

Mix yolks and some milk and lightly brush dough .
Bake until dough is golden brown and fruit is bubbling end just tender, Bake about 30 miutes,


print recipe here






Spring is almost here












Peach tree










Apricots tree




Mini pies de manzana y  jengibre































96 comments:

  1. Great little pies, Gloria! They look pretty and have to be delicious! Looks like Spring is near for you, we'll be heading into fall soon, boo hoo!!! I've never seen a summer go by so quickly as this one has. Take care xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I know you are close from autumn and I love it!hugs!

      Delete
  2. What a delicious treat Gloria. I would love to have one right now with my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, What beautiful little pies! This is a great idea for a dessert for a dinner party... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much David I have to visit you, still I dont feel absolutely ok, Really hurt me sometimes write in the PC!

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how the world works. It's been Summer all along here and you're over there just heading into Spring. These pies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jax Yes we live in different hemispheres, is funny!!

      Delete
  5. Good that the snow and ice are gone. Yeah, the seasons aren't what they used to be indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noi stiamo per entrare nell'autunno, ma io amo la primavera e l'estate ^_^
    Adoro le torte di mele e questa è favolosa!
    Un abbraccio <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, those pies look delicious, and I did enjoy seeing your spring-time photographs.

    Have a wonderful Spring …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan are perfect for some fall dessert !

      Delete
  8. It's almost fall here, and that's when I really like apple recipes. These look so perfect for the upcoming season, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little cute pies look absolutely inviting and beautiful, Gloria. I love that apricot tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so incredibly cute ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing the blooms on the trees. As your spring begins, my summer fades. Wah!!! Your pies are the cutest, Gloria. Lots of love to your family! xoxoxo

    Elsie



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie" Hugs and love for you, I love autumn but spring is beautiful!

      Delete
  12. Molto belle, Gloria, queste apple pies. Sarebbero perfette per la mia colazione di domani! Un abbraccio a presto :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apple and ginger: such a beautiful flavours mix!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! I'd love to have one for an afternoon snack right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, yes I love these little pies for an snack !

      Delete
  15. Ne mangerei due subito :-P hanno un aspetto delizioso! Complimenti Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Veramente deliziose e anche belle.. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Gloria, your little pies with ginger and apple sound and look amazing...somehow I need to use more ginger in my baking...thank you so much for the inspiration.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Complimenti Gloria, adoro queste tortine....sono fantastiche, ricche di tutti i profumi che amo!
    Un grande abbraccio e buon fine settimana :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love apple desserts and your mini pies are gorgeous!! I know they taste amazing, too!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quanto sono belle e invitanti, bravissima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my !I have to make this! they are so beautiful and look so yummy

    Kisses from NYC

    ReplyDelete
  22. YUmm, these pies look delicious, never thought of pairing apple and ginger, alway associated ginger with pears. You are right about the weather, even here in the maldives we have really strong winds these days and when it gets hot its searing hot. nothing is sure when it comes to weather.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Gloria!!!
    I have not always been a fan of ginger...but these wee tarts look so tasty!!
    Enjoy your week!!
    Hugs...
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish I were welcoming spring again instead of fall! I love seeing those blossoms on the trees. What adorable little pies and the combination of apple and ginger sounds delightful, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Spring is beautiful I know but I love Fall!

      Delete
  25. Adoro queste piccole delizie golosissime!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love apple pie and this looks and sounds delicious. YUM. I hope you have a lovely spring. Summer is beginning to fade into fall here with much cooler mornings. I just want winter to hold off for as long as possible. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Gloria, now is the perfect time to be making apple desserts, lots of apple desserts, as the first wonderfully tasty apples have made an appearance at the farmer's markets. These pies of yours look delicious and cute - what a lovely idea for baking with apples!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Andrea I love all with apples !!! yes for all of you is the best time to bake with apples !!

    ReplyDelete
  29. che delizia Gloria queste mini pie di mele. adoro l'abbinamento con lo zenzero. un abbraccio, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those mini pies look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Que delicioso Gloria!!....yo no soy mucho de pie de manzana, pero viene Accion de Gracias y siempre estoy probando recetas nuevas!........Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me encantan las manzanas, siempre, un abrazo Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adoro le torte di mele! queste così piccole sembrano così deliziose! bravissima!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely apple pie, Gloria! I love apple pies!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dearest Gloria...oh these are SO pretty!! I just adore fruit pies, of all kinds.
    And such beautiful little blossoms on your fruit trees.😊😊
    My parents had many different types of fruit tree growing in their garden...I only wish I had the space to grow some in mine now... would be so rewarding!

    I hope you are well, my lovely friend!

    Much love and hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine we really enjoy our trees and love apple too, are a blessing, We had a really dry year, hope the apricots and apples will be ok!

      Delete
  36. Sono bellissime! Perfette per le colazioni autunnali. Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  37. Come te adoro le torte di mele e le tue sono bellissime! Un abbraccio Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Terry I love apples too, I have two apples trees !!

      Delete
  38. Ciao Gloria. Tutto bene?? Che golose le tue crostate. Un grosso bacio.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dear Gloria, These pies look beautiful for a nice cup of tea or coffee. I know I would love them. Take care and enjoy the coming of spring. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  40. Deas all I was really sick the last two weeks but finally Im better. I had a terrible cold (maybe Flu) and I was with antibiotics but hope coming soon with a recipe. HUgs to all and thanks to all that asked for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. woow great !!! I will use the idea

    ReplyDelete
  42. Adoro queste mini pie!!! Sono graziosissime e deliziose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information! photographe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted