26 May 2018

Poppy seed cake with lemon icing (Cake de semillas de amapolas con glace de limon)









I do not know you but  really I love a cup of tea or coffe with a piece of cake but ...  homemade. .
 I am impressed in the supermarkets  as people buy  cakes or others  for  Tea but really never is the same.

Well, I made this cake last night (baking from scracht) and today I finish it.
Although sometimes I am very tired I like it (if I can cook at night and the next day finish it.
A cake with poppy seeds from a small book that impressed me with its recipes. (Golden : Sweet & Savory baked delights from the Ovens of London's)
A couple of young and amazing bakers!
I love thinking that somehow with my blog in all these years I have helped with my recipes to eat more healthy and delicious.
thanks to all of you

Adapted from :

 Golden: Sweet & Savory baked delights from the Ovens of London's (Itamar Srulovich & Sarit Packer)




Ingredients

For the cake batter

190 mg /ml vegetable oil
300 grams granulated sugar
4 eggs
200  grams all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder 
150 grams poppy seeds ground
juice and zest of 1 lemon
juice and zest of 1 orange

100 ml base sugar syrup  (find below)

For the lemon icing

250 grams confectioners sugar plus more if needed
1 teaspoon light corn syrup 
juice of 1 lemon
poppy seeds for sprinkling

Base sugar syrup

This help the cakes helps moist, gives them a lovely shiny gloss and make them more tastier.

100 ml water 
100 grams granulated sugar 
1 teaspoon light corn syrup

Place all the ingredients in a small pan and stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil, skim of any foam that come  to the top and remove from the heat. then allow to cool.


Method

Prehet the oven  180° /350° F.
Lightly spray a silicone mold  with butter or lightlybutter and flour a metal tin.

Whisk the oil with the sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after eachg one to create and emulsion (similar to making mayonnaise). Once you have a smooth silky looking mixture, add all the remaining batter ingredients at once and whisk until well combined.
The batter will seem runny but dont worry it will set solid once bakes.
Pour into the prepared mold or tin.

Bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, then turn the cake and bake for about 15 minutes more until firm and springy to the touch: push down on the middle with your finger and make sure is ready.
Brush the sugar syrup all over the cake while is still hot then allow to cool in the tin about 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack and cooling entirely.

Lemon icing

Combine the confectioners sugar and light corn syrup in a small bowl . Mix in the lemon juice a couple drops at a time until you have a thick icing. Check the consistency if you need add a little more sugar to thicken  more.
Spoon over the top of the cake and allow it to drip naturally down the sides. Sprinkle with a few poppy seeds, then leave the icing to set before cutting.
This really moist cake keeps well for 3 to 4 days at room temperature.

Print here









This really moist cake keep well for 3 to 4 days at room temperature and more than a week in the fridge.,












en español
Cake de semillas de amapola con glace de limon








69 comments:

  1. Gloria, That poppy seed cake with it's lemon icing would go great with my morning coffee tomorrow! It looks terrific... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Citrus and poppy...one of the best combo ever! Your bundt cake looks gorgeous, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Questo poppy cake è fantastico!!!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter's favorite muffins are lemon poppyseed! I know the whole family will love this amazing cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love poppy seeds muffins too dear Lizzy!

      Delete
  5. This sounds delicious! Did you know that if you eat poppyseed cake or bread you might fail a blood test? There was a piece on TV about an engineer who had a mandatory blood test for work and never thought to say he always ate healthy bread with all nuts and seeds. Of course poppy is the same plant as morphine. Poor guy failed the test and lost his job. Obviously don’t let that stop you enjoying this cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgina I dont had idea, is good to know!! My daugther will have some tests next week, I dont will make poppy seeds still ! (we love them) I know also in some countris you can't buy poppy seeds ! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Sure you have helped many over the years indeed as you've been here a loooong while haha could make your own book with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A glorious cake! One of my favorites!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were thinking alike..I too just made this at home..similar..love all te plates and that dome:)Have a nice Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What funny I was thinking in visit you ! Have a nice Sunday too dear Monique!!

      Delete
  9. I completely agree....the store cakes are NOT the same. Homemade is best. Yum!
    And your cake looks lovely and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sono d'accordo, molto meglio le torte fatte in casa. Questa con i semi di papavero è deliziosa :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Homemade cakes are delicious.
    Love the taste of poppy seeds ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake is fantastic Gloria! I agree, homemade cakes are always the best!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know this cake, it's popular in Poland and it's so good ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Look the book has recipes from Poland and others !

      Delete
  14. You have made another of my favorites...cake with poppy seeds and lemon. So delicious and pretty too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Non ho dubbi che tu abbia aiutato tante persone a preparare piatti sani e deliziosi. Molto meglio una torta fatta in casa con amore che una industriale, non ci sono dubbi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love lemon poppy seed cakes, and this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ma buonissima!!! complimenti è una delle mie preferite

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ma che buona! Adoro i semi di papavero. Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks wonderful and so agree can't beat homemade cakes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you really went heavy on the poppy seeds. What a great look. I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anch'io preferisco dolci e torte fatte in casa, tutta un'altra cosa e poi vuoi mettere la soddisfazione!!!
    Molto invitante la tua morbida torta con i simpatici semi di papavero!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do enjoy poppy seed cake. Yum! This recipe sounds so good. Hope you are doing well!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delicious looking cake Gloria, I never say no to a piece of homemade cake with a cup of tea in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gerlinde me neither.I love a cup tea and piece of cake.

      Delete
  25. It looks delicious. As for your question, I haven't been doing much blogging lately at Sagecoveredhills. I have for sometime maintained two blogs, but it just seems too much now. So I'm coming out of the closet about my employment and invite you to come and check out my other site: www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. I will see ! I had a hard time too. My mom passed about a month ago and wasnt easy come here but the people was really nice!

      Delete
  26. i feel like the only thing i use poppy seeds for is lemon cake, but it's so good! love your glaze too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I totally agree with you about something sweet and freshly baked being perfect with a cup of tea...just like your delicious lemon poppyseed cake.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to try this, it looks yummy! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cake Gloria! Nice to know it can last a week. Thought I'd probably eat it by the next day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for the good information we share. I like your cake very much.
    ธรรมชาติและสัตว์ป่า

    ReplyDelete
  31. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted