14 March 2018

Passionfruit Tea cake (cake de maracuya)










Sometimes I think  I am different than others at my blog and  kitchen in how I choose my recipes..

 I usually cook or bake what the spirit asks me so  sometimes I remember something or read a magazine or a book and voila!

This time it was passionfruit, I wanted to eat passionfruit and I found this cake that I liked so much with that layer of passion fruit and sugar and I did it last night.

In the morning the photos and now the post.
I even bought figs to make a cake that I have pending but it was passionfruit. that as I said can be frozen or fruit (Peru exports a lot of passion fruit) I always have frozen maracuya and berries. All year. You can make ice creams, mousses, cakes, muffins, whatever you want, what more precious fruit.



Source : Australian Women's weekly






Ingredients

100 grams butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon or lima  rind
2 eggs
2 cups (250  grams) self raising flour
1/2 cup greek style yogurt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup passionfruit pulp (fresh or frozen)

Passionfruit icing

1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoon passion fruit pulp



Method

Preheat oven to 180° C (350 °F)
Grease a 10 cm x 24 cm loaf pan line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5 cm over sides.
Beat butter,vanilla,sugar and eggs in a small bowl with and electric mixer (or by hand) until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flour and add baking powder and  add  greek yogurt and lemon rind.
Finally add the passionfruit pulp and stir.
Spread the mixture into prepared pan.
Bake about 45 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre of comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning top side up onto a wire rack to cool.

Passionfruit icing

Sift icing sugar into a small bowl and stir in passionfruit until smooth.
Drizzle the cooled loaf with passionfruit icing.


Print recipe













En español

Cake con maracuya

















73 comments:

  1. Lucky you with a nice supply of passionfruit! Your cake is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few hot cups of tea with that cake sure sounds good!

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love tropical aroma of passionfruit. This loaf cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, Yes I love how smell just delicious !

      Delete
  4. Che meraviglia deve essere buonissimo💖🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this really looks good. Have a good day. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't even think I've ever seen passionfruit here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat maybe there are frozen, no fresh, but now you can find in a lot of sites

      Delete
  7. Your recipes are always so tempting. I love passionfruit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Passionfruit is so pretty as well as your plate!
    I get inspired..spur of the moment..bake..take a few pics if it turns out well:) No agenda..no plans..well Easter and such I plan..but the rest of the time..on the spot..w/ what I have..dinners..different usually the night before we decide or the morning of..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique yes I love passionfruit too! Yes about inspiring you never know, you inspiring me too, usually I think in the day what to do, and sometimes some ideas are around me ,xoxo

      Delete
  9. Deve essere delizioso questo cake! Mi piace molto il sapore del frutto della passione :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Gloria, What a lovely tea cake to enjoy! Take care my friend. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gloria, This passion fruit cake looks really appetizing. We've still never made anything with passion fruit. It's something that we don't wee around here very often. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David is sad you cant find passionfrut there anyway look in supermarket maybe you find frozen passionfruit!

      Delete
  12. Wow...such a delicious-looking teacake!!
    I just HAVE to make one of these...many thanks for sharing!:))

    Lots of Love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so delicious! I love passionfruit too !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always wondered why they called it "passion fruit." My imaginings were more interesting than the real reason. I think so, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im afraid you maybe don't like my answer. I read many years ago cause for The Christ passion for his crown with
    thorns. you can read this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora_edulis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read that. I used to think something else entirely, though. ;-)

      Delete
  16. Oh, how delicious! I became familiar with passionfruit just last year when my grandkids told me about it. I am happy I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ricetta deliziosa cara,complimenti ;-)
    A presto bacio <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha un aspetto delizioso :) un abbraccio, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks delicious Gloria ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, this looks so yummy! I wish you could just send me a slice!! xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah Elsie dear, I would be happy to send you some slices xoxox

      Delete
  21. Your cake is beautiful. Passion fruit is hard to get here. Two of my kids are going to Peru in May, but alas, I don't believe passion fruit would make it through customs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Inger yes you would have tofind in supermarket frozen passionfruit! Maybe you find!

      Delete
  22. This looks and sounds delicious. I have never had passionfruit cake. Yum! Now I have to try it. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess ! You can use frozen passionfruit! xoxo

      Delete
  23. Che golosità Gloria.
    Buona domenica.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Utilizzo pochissimo il passion fruit in cucina..ma mi sta facendo venire voglia :-)
    Buona domenica Gloria <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consuelo I love passion fruit too, smell wonderful and is beautiful!
      Buone domenica cara!

      Delete
  25. molto originale, bravissima Gloria !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks beautiful and so tasty. Great recipe Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ma che bontà! Mi segno la ricetta. Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty and I love the cup and spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mi piace molto questo frutto, mi immagino il dolce che bontà!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The cake looks so wonderful, Gloria, I'm coming to tea first chance I get.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Passionfruit cake...mmm.. che buono Gloria! Me gusta mucho! Bravissima Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  32. joli gâteau pour accompagner ma tasse de café
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks wonderful! I wish I could get passion fruit where I live. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Mimi Im sorry you can't find passion fruit there, and frozen?? nope? I use almost frozen because is difficult find fresh passionfruit! xo

      Delete
  34. Thanks for sharing article about Best Frozen Chicken Exporters
    Best Frozen Chicken Exporters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted