9 March 2018

Mushroom bisque soup (sopa de champiñones)








Other delicious soup recipe.
 Apparently I move between soups and desserts, but no, we really do everything but when a soup is as rich as this one, it's worth taking pictures and publishing it.

In fact, I have other recipes waiting for post, but as spring will  arrive in the northern hemisphere, I would prefer to share it now.
Here the summer is  almost over and my favorite season is here soon : autumn.
But I have already told you that I eat soups almost all year round.
And I love it....


Adapted from : Victoria Classic (Cherished recipes)








Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
salt
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups baby  mushrooms 
2 cups veggie (or chicken) stock
HERE a recipe for veggie stock
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon fresh thyme or  rosemary

Garnish : thyme, sauteed mushrooms or lemon ribbons


Method

Heat olive oil  in a large stockpot over medium heat.
Add green onions, garlic and mushrooms, cook until mushrooms begin to brown  about 5 minutes.

Add veggie stock,  and thyme or rosemary and  bring to a simmer.
Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, cream and wine .
Discard thyme and transfer soup to a blender in small batches and puree in high speed until smooth and thick.
Season with salt, taste and simmer over medium heat about 6 to 8 minutes.
Garnish with sauteed mushrooms or some chopped herbs.



print recipe here




















en español

Sopa de champiñones













63 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the recipe, that soup sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earthy, delicious with a beautiful presentation, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davvero deliziosa questa zuppa e bellissime le ceramiche ^_^
    Buon fine settimana <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mushrooms and this soup sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting w/ the lemon! And pretty.Have a good weekend Gloria:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mushrooms and green, works for me at my sea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, That is a beautiful bowl of soup...nicely presented too! My wife would love a bowl or two of this soup but I've just never enjoyed mushrooms... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mushrooms, in soups, on pizza, by themselves... This soup looks excellent, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purtroppo la primavera tarda ad arrivare, il tempo è ancora brutto. Questa zuppa deve essere squisita :)
    Mi piace molto.
    Buona domenica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great soup, Gloria! Mushroom is my favorite, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, with daugther we love mushrooms too!

      Delete
  11. adoro i funghi, bellissima ricetta Gloria !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your soup looks delicious Gloria, I like mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is still soup weather around here! Your mushroom soup sounds terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lizzy. Yes here is strange the weather some days like summer others like autumn !

      Delete
  14. Perfetta per queste fresche serate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love mushroom soup, it is one of my favourites...and this recipe sounds extra delicious!
    Thank you so much for sharing this...☺☺


    Much love and hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love mushroom soup! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Hi Keith, nice to see you here !!!
      I love soups too !!

      Delete
  18. So tasty! I love mushrooms, especially in soup!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Un vero "comfort food". Buonissima! :*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beh con il freddo e il brutto tempo di questi giorni una zuppa calda e avvolgente è la cosa che si desidera di più. Deliziosa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love mushroom soup! This sounds bright-flavored and delicious, Gloria ♥ Your plates are beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I love these plates too, I have these many time!! xo

      Delete
  22. I love mushrooms and soup. It is snowing outside right now- so this looks even better to me! I would love a delicious cup or bowl of this soup right now. I know I will have to try this recipe this week. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks to you Jess ! I love snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Gloria! I can almost smell your delicious soup. I love mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm with you Gloria about eating soup anytime of the year and yours sounds great. By the way, your dishes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Karen, Im thinking what soup make today :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Gloria this looks so delicious, great looking recipe.
    Yum!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted