22 March 2018

Pear Cobbler with streusel Topping (Postre de peras con strudel)







I can't  believe we're  we are going  to finish March! 
The days follow each other very fast. 
There is always something to be done. I have this post almost ready 3 days ago. Well here goes now.
I love fruits on desserts. This is with pear and it is delicious.

I hope to do something for Easter (of course now I realized that it is very soon!)


Source : Southern Lady magazine




Ingredients

6 pears (green anjou or Bartlett) peeled, halved and cored.
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Streussel topping (recipe follow)
Vanilla Ice crea. (to serve)

Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F)  Lighty grease a baking dish.
In a large bowl combine pears and orange juice.
In a medium bowl combine sugar, cornstarch,zest, ginger,cinnamon and salt. Add sugar mixture to pear mixture, tossing gently to coat. Layer pearmixture in prepared pan.
Top with streusel topping.
Bake until lightly browned, about 50 minutes .
 Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla Ice cream.


Streusel topping

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsalted butter

In a medium, bowl combine brown sugar, flour and oats, Using a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.


Print recipe




















en español
crumble de peras con strudel






Ingredientes

6 peras  peladas y cortadas en trozos
1/4 taza jugo de naranja fresco
1 taza de azucar rubia
1/4 taza de maicena
1 cucharada ralladura de
cáscara naranja
1 cucharadita jengibre molido
1 cucharadita de canela molida
1/4 cucharadita de sal

Strudel

3/4 taza de azucar rubia
1 taza de harina sin polvos de hornear
1 taza de avena natural
1/2 taza de mantequilla en trozos


Hacer el streudel:
En un bowl mediano mezclar,  el azucar, la harina y la avena. 
Cortar la mantequilla en trozos y agregar a los ingredientes secos haciendo como migas. Reservar.


Preparacion
Precalentar el horno a 180° C (359 F°) 
Enmantequillar una fuente para horno ovalada o rectangular de unos 24 cm.
En un bol grande mezclar las peras y el jugo de naranja.
En un bowl mediano mezclar azucar rubia, maicena,, ralladura de naranja, jengibre, canela y sal.
Agregar esta mezcla a la mezcla de peras. mezclando suavemente. Distribuir en la fuente enmantequillada.
 Distribuir encima el  strudel ya preparado.

Hornear hasta que  este bien dorado durante unos 50 minutos. Dejar enfriar unos 15 minutos y servir con helado de vainilla.









65 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've eaten a pear, or anything containing pears, either. Maybe in a fruit salad several months ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I told you some times you need eat more fruits time on time .
      I love fruit salads!

      Delete
  2. So delicious! That streusel topping is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect to me, yum yum. Have a great day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss pear season! But I miss summer weather more :) Your cobbler looks magnificent, Gloria!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pears every time, when I was little I dont notices there are a season, we always Had pears, but I know now, you will enjoy beauty summer fruits now Lizzy!

      Delete
  5. The days sure fly by indeed. Easter will be here soon. Bet that would fly off plates as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes isn't crazy ? some days I wake up in the morning and I dont know what day is!!

      Delete
  6. Delicious and yummy Gloria ~ Hope you are well ~ Hello from cold Canada ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cobbler looks so good! Perfect for Easter indeed. I also love your pretty plates ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Theresa, always Im buying plates and china in sales :)
      Love it!

      Delete
  8. Gloria, I love cobbler but I don't think that I've ever had a pear version. It looks and sounds great! Thanks for the recipe! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pear desserts! Happy Baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy!! happy friday and happy weekend!

      Delete
  10. wow squisito!! baci, buon weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Fede, buon weekend anche a te!!
      Baci!

      Delete
  11. It is hard to believe that March is almost finished! I want to savor the start of our spring slowly :) I can tell this pear cobbler is so delicious. I haven't made a cobbler in so long it's time to fix that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I must try this recipe, dearest Gloria...it sounds absolutely delicious!
    Thank you so much for sharing...:))

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow . . . I would sure love to have a bite out of that desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lon. Yes is comfort food : the best !

      Delete
  14. Mmmmmm questo deve essere una delizia, morbido e golosissimo

    ReplyDelete
  15. che delizia Gloria, lo mangerei adesso ! Buona domenica, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum! This looks so delicious. I love the presentation too! Such a beautiful dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks Jess I love this old plate. my mom gave me.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the simplicity of your cakes.These are delicious and easy cakes to make at home. Buonissima!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grazie Alida, this is like comfort food xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your header photograph Gloria ...

    This recipe looks delicious, thanks for sharing it here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a thing for beautiful dishes and for any kind of cobbler. This looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. it looks really good!! I love fruit desserts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah that's right, I have been planning to make a peach crisp with some of the peaches I froze last summer -- perfect reminder. And yes, the days really are flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your desert looks scrumptious, Gloria, and so elegant on that pretty plate. This is a great year for pears around here, we don't get many kinds but they are very good. So thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe - I'm going to give it a try.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, it's true, Gloria. Time goes by so quickly! Bit it's always time to taste such a delicious dessert!
    A big hug.
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  26. ma buonissimo!! complimenti :)) perfetto per la merenda del pomeriggio

    ReplyDelete
  27. To see perfect recipe visit http://slowcookerstips.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted