15 April 2017

Delicious asparagus Tart (tarta o quiche de esparragos)










I think we are lucky even in this time (late summer early fall) to find fresh asparagus, in any case can also be done with a can of asparagus.
We really love this asparagus cake I made a while ago, the dough is absolutely delicious so I plan to try it on other quiches or tarts.

But I know that in the northern hemisphere they are in spring so they have asparagus so how Beth say : let's celebrate the season with a simple vegetarian tart.


Note: You can use any mold for this quiche (square or round)


Source :  Bethdunham.ca








Ingredients crust

1 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons ice cold butter cut
into small pieces
1 egg lightly beaten



Filling 

10 - 12 fresh asparagus or one tin 
1 tablespoon oil
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
150 grams ricotta cheese or goat cheese 
100 grams finely grated parmigiano cheese 
2 green onions chopped 
1 tablespoon finely chopped terragon
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 pinch of salt


 Crust

Pulse the flour, corn meal and salt in a bowl until combined
add the butter with yours fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
Add the egg and  mix well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knea for a few seconds just until the the dough comes together in a ball.
Flatten the ball into a disk if you are using a round tart pan. Wrap in a plastic bag and refrigerate for an hour before proceeding.

Preheat oven to 180°  (365 F)

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and transfer to a round tart pan or rectangular tart pan, and press it into the bottom and up the sides. Trim off any excess.
Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the tart shell. Fill with dried beans or pie weiths and bake  for 10 minutes .
remove foil and weitghts  and bake for another 5 minutes.

Arrangue the asparagus in the bottom of the tart shell amd carfully pour the custard over the asparagus.
Bake at 180° by  about  20 minutes or until filling is set.


Filling method

Snapoff the though end of the asparagus, and drizzle the spears  with olive oil. Cook over medium high heat in a grill pan or cast iron skillet for 3 to 4 minutes, turning frequently until bright green and al dente. 
The cooking time will vary according to the thickness of your asparagus.

In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream and milk. Add the parmigiano and ricotta cheese, green onions, tarragon and salt, and stir to combine.
Set aside to filling the tart with the custard and asparagus.

Print recipe
























En español

quiche de esparragos














60 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful asparagus tart! Definitely a must have during the asparagus season, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te ha quedado fantástica y aunque es mejor siempre hacerlo con espárragos naturales la otra opción pues también es buena, claro.

    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias ! con los dos tipos de esparragos queda bien !

      Delete
  3. So fresh and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious, Gloria! The asparagus is wonderful here now and this is a perfect recipe for it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of green sure works at our scene. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria, Lovely! We love asparagus so this is something that we would really enjoy... I hope that you have a great Easter! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear David .I hope you had a nice Easter too with Laurie xoxo

      Delete
  7. So pretty and the crust does sound wonderful! Happy Easter, Gloria! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Susan.! the crust is really delicious ! Hope you had a lovely and blessed Easter !

      Delete
  8. délicieuse quiche j'aime beaucoup
    joyeuses pâques

    ReplyDelete
  9. Siamo in piena stagione per gli asparagi.
    A casa mia tutti amano gli asparagi, proverò la torta che ci consigli :)
    Un bacio e tanti auguri di Buona Pasqua.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect spring tart! I'd eat a delicious slice for any meal of the day! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Lizzy! I hope you had a lovely Easter too !! xoxoxo

      Delete
  11. Yum! I made something very similar last week. So delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy ! I love asparagus, and this crust is delicious !!

      Delete
  12. che ricetta deliziosa e primaverile !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect for Spring!
    I love asparagus.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tart Gloria, we love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first to see such a tart Gloria ~ THanks and Happy Easter ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Grace. you would try this tart I think you would love it :)
      Happy Easter .

      Delete
  16. Delicious tart Gloria! What a fab way to use asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love asparagus and this tart looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful asparagus tart Gloria...I love the creamy layer in between...super elegant!
    Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love asparagus and this looks and sounds SO delicious. I have never had asparagus prepared this way- but I know I will have to try it. :) Yum! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that your asparagus tart looks yummy. My mom grows asparagus in her garden, I will have to get some of her's this spring and give this recipe a try. I hope you had a wonderful Easter Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Dawn ! I hope you had a nice and blessed Easter :)

      Delete
  21. Delicious & pretty. It looks wonderful Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Una deliziosa torta salata!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to make quiche quite a bit, but haven't made them in at least a year. I should make one again. Hubby really enjoys them and this looks like a great recipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks Elsie ! Really I love this crust is amazing for any quiche xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks lovely. I cannot wait to start eating asparagus.

    Great dish you have also. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Ivy!!
      I bouth these plates on a sale, I love too!

      Delete
  26. Da noi è il momento d'oro degli asparagi, ce ne sono tantissimi e tutti buoni.....non mancherò di provare la tua invitante torta salata che mi ispira molto!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  27. Che meraviglia! Profuma di primavera e si mangia con gli occhi! Un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was surprised to see asparagus on your blog now Gloria, but you are right--it is much easier to get out of season foods now. An asparagus tart is definitely on my "must make" list for spring--looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Inger I was happy when I find these asparagus in the stores, I made a soup too, I will post soon !

      Delete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted