30 August 2013

Roasted peaches with nuts and dulce de leche


This peach dessert is simple and delicious, can be made with fresh peaches or peaches in jar, here we do't have still  fresh peaches but when we were little my mom did something similar, and I love Dulce de leche.

Source: adapted from  My recipes.com


( 4 servings)

Ingredients

1 peach jar or 5 peaches halved
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons light Brown sugar
  1 cup waltnuts chopped         
3/4 cup dulce de leche
(recipes to make Dulce de leche here)

Method
Heat oven about 160°c, Place peaches halves, cut side up, on one half of a baking sheet. Brush tops with  2 tablespoon of butter, sprinkle with  1 tablespoon of sugar.

In a small bowl, toss waltnuts with remaining butter and sugar and spread them out on the other half of the baking sheet.

Toast for 3 to 4 minutes, watching carefully,until peaches begin to brown and nuts are lightly toasted.
Serve two peaches on each plate drizzle with warm dulce de leche, and sprinkle with nuts.
(I warm dulce de leche in microwaves by 30 seconds)
                              

Some tips

You can use peaches or apricots

When warm dulce de leche let cool only some seconds and serve , to best texture.

 When it ready to serve,  add a dollop of freshly whipped  cream.






PRINT RECIPE HERE


EN ESPAÑOL

Duraznos con nueces acarameladas y dulce  de leche






  


 

Se acuerdan del típico postre de duraznos en conserva? a veces con crema, a veces con helado pero era como rico siempre, y nada complicado era como típico como despues de los asados:)
Este postre es sólo un poquito más trabajado pero igualmente delicioso.
Se puede hacer con duraznos en conserva o duraznos naturales (cuando tengamos) siempre he encontrado la combinación duraznos/manjar mortal de rico! 
Se lo devoraron aqui y yo me comí sólo uno :( es que al público le gustó demasiado pero quizas lo haga pronto de nuevo.
No usé el jugo en que vienen los duraznos (es muy dulce) ya con el manjar y un poco de azúcar que lleva queda bien.

Ingredientes
(4 porciones)
1 o 2 tarros de duraznos (en mitades)
(si se usan frescos 5 duraznos cortados en mitades)
3 cucharadas de mantequilla
3 cucharadas de azúcar rubia
1 taza de nueces picadas
3/4 taza de manjar o dulce de leche

Preparación

Precalentar el horno a unos 160° (suave)
En una bandeja de horno pintar los duraznos con un poco de mantequilla derretida(2 cucharadas) y una cucharada de azúcar.
En un bol mediano dorar las nueces con un poco de mantequilla y 1 cucharada de azúcar.
Colocar las nueces a dorar al lado de los duraznos en la misma bandeja.
Llevar a horno de 3 a 4 minutos o hasta que las nueces estén doradas y los duraznos también.
Cuando estén listos retirar servir dos duraznos en cada plato repartir un poco de manjar o dulce de leche (lo calenté en el microondas por unos 30 segundos, no más, y los dejé enfriar un poco para la textura)
esparcir las nueces ya tostadas.
Si se quiere se puede agregar un poco de helado de vainilla.
O un poco de crema batida.
Con todo queda igual de delicioso.

79 comments:

  1. Mmmm...this looks really good! I've never heard of this dessert! I bet it smelled wonderful while it was baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well doing Betsy! you are the first in my lair:)(Im talkink like Pat:)
    Is absolutely delicious, you love dulce de leche? here really fight by the last peach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had dulce de leche! But it looks amazing.
    There's one last piece of chocolate cake here...I wonder if there will be a fight over it tonight after dinner. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE peaches with dollops, Gloria! Yours look soooooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peaches are everywhere here right now..Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy you have to try dulce de leche and you will love.I know you can find there Carnation-Nestle dulce de leche is soo good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ºQue rico y sano se aprecia.Besos cielo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I have ever heard of this, looks good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Holy Dulce de leche is the most delicious thing!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually have a can in my pantry! I bought it on the sale rack at the grocery a while back. But I didn't know what to do with it or if canned dulce de leche was good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like caramel. Does it taste like it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful dessert! YUMMY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. QUerida GLoria!! Qué postre tan pecaminoso, me encanta, pero mañana va tu Etton Mess, así que nada, este quedará para más adelante. Besitos y que tengas un buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pecaminoso?? si puede ser¡ pero delicioso! y que es la vida si uno no disfruta querida Pamela?? besos

      Delete
  14. I'll take the walnuts for me

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes is similar but dulce de leche is best:)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to make this. Looks simply delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect combination and flavors - simply delicious!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made something like this year with peaches. This looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Gloria, One of our favorite desserts. The sauce sounds delicious. I must try it. Blessings dearest and hugs, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to have this with some icecream. yum

    ReplyDelete
  21. semplicemente delizioso!! buon w.e.!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This would be perfect served with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes The first I think was add a Little Ice cream dollop but I haven't but is really delicious!!

      Delete
  24. Oh, this looks so sinful! Naturally, I want it! Haha! We have ready-made dulce de leche in South Africa, but we call it caramel. Good for lazy girls like me! ;)

    http://www.azeliaskitchen.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/DSC_2242.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't think i will be able to stop with one plate especially with that delicious sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tienen un aspecto fabuloso, menudo postre más rico.

    besines

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful on my lovely blue plates and saucers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the blue plates we love, all look beautuful in them!:)

      Delete
  28. oo what an intriguing blend of textures and flavors in this one gloria....i would def be in on it....smiles....smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian the kids love Dulce de leche (and no kids too LOL)

      Delete
  29. But Jeanne told me in many parts they call Caramel to Dulce de leche so is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Roasted peaches are a real treat to me! With dulce de leche and nuts this is a decadent treat that I would love to taste:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me too Kim I love peaches in any style:)

      Delete
  31. We have fresh peaches here in Michigan right now--this looks like a good dessert to make with them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What delicious fresh peaches LOL
      Im sure the kids will love these with dulce de leche!!xx

      Delete
  32. Gloria, You are the queen of fruit based desserts! This is another great example... Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love dulce de gatas ~ Yummy combination ~ Thanks Gloria ~

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Yum!! These look fantastic…and I so love dulce de leche! Must give these a try! Have a great weekend, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  35. We both chose peaches this week - great minds think alike! Lovely looking dish - as always

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a gorgeous dessert, Gloria!!! I'd love this on my table :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mmm that dulce de leche is really the perfect topping!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love this we still have some fresh peaches here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That looks gorgeous. I don't have peaches but I do have some apples I was planning to bake... I might look up your dulce de leche recipe now :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. what a delicious way to serve peaches! impressive treat, gloria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is amazing Gloria! I wish we could buy Dulce de Leche here. It's not so common, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I had dulce de leche in Argentina as I have relatives there. My aunt taught me how to make it. It is easy to make and very nice even in ice cream. Very nice recipe with peaches! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Gloria,
    This dessert looks delicious! And I have to try dulce de leche one day!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Simple but elegant and tasty as well !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted