18 January 2020

Apples and cherry strudel in puff pastry ( Strudel de manzanas y cerezas en masa de hoja )













Those who have known my blog for years know that I love fruits and everything that has to do with fruits (ice cream, cakes, tarts, desserts  all you want)

One of the good things about this time of the year  (aka summer)  you can take advantage of the fruit that is more abundant although some fruits can be seen almost all year (they come from other countries and different seasons)

So I  done  a streusel   with  cherries  ( I didn't want the cherries to be lost !)

  Finally I made this strudel with apples and cherries, and  anyway if you dont have cherries you can make with frozen cherries or with cherry jars (pitted tart cherries)

I used ready-made dough although I usually do it. But it is an easy and delicious recipe.




Adapted from : Foodiecrush
                           and Vegan nook









Ingredients

1 1/2 cup cherries pit removed
(or frozen cherries or 1 can pitted tart cherries)
1 package frozen puff pastry (defrot about 30 minutes before)
1 to 2 tablespoons brandy or rum
1/2 cup raisins
3 granny smith apples cored
peeled and thily sliced
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup dry fine breads crumbs or panko
1/2 cup butter melted 
1/3 cup sliced almonds
coarse sugar


Method

In a small bowl add the cherries and  raisins in brandy or rum and soak about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
(if you are using pitted tart cherries drain first.)

Add the sliced spples to a large bowl and coat with lemon juice to avoid turning brown.

 In a smaller bowl mix the sugar cinnamon and nutmeg until blended rserve 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon, sugar mixture and add to the apples along with the cherries. Add the bread crumbs  and gently stir to combine.

Preheat oven to 190 ° C  ( 375 °F)
Unfold the puff pastry and roll out onto a lightly floured surface  to approximately 11 x 15 inches (  27 x 38 cm aprox).
Spoon the mix of cherries, raisins and apples out onto the dough in a line down the middle .
add some cinnamon and nutmeg mix you set aside.
 Fold one edge over the mix  then take the opposite side and fold it over . Tuck in the ends.

Brush the top of the strudel with melted butter then add the sugar and aliced almonds.

Carefully transfer the strudel to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden and puffy.
Allow the strudel to cool 20 to 30 minutes before slicing.

Print recipe here























Strudel de cerezas y manzanas en masa de hoja










83 comments:

  1. looks delicious!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delicious! And those fresh cherries are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good when they are available indeed. Apples are fine by us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Gloria..looks so festive and charming:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, Its been so long since I've had a nice slice of strudel! Your cherry strudel looks great! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David , we love strudel, hugs to you and Laurie!!

      Delete
  6. che delizia cara Gloria,ho voglia di ciliegie !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Chiara como stai cara? I love cherries too ! un abbraccio !

      Delete
  7. Amo le ciliegie, sono uno dei miei frutti preferiti ^_^
    Uno strudel stupendo!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Che belle quelle ciliegie!! Fanno venire l'acquolina! Metterle nello strudel è davvero una bella idea. Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GRazie cara , I love cherries!! Un abbraccio!

      Delete
  9. So Delicious. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so tasty! I love fruit too and this is such a delicious way to enjoy apples and cherries. Yum!

    Hope all is well!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your strudel looks marvelous, Gloria! And cherries are my favorite fruit, so this is a must try. Thanks for the recipe! Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I know, I remember you love so much cherries !! xo

      Delete
  12. your looks marvelous, Gloria! Your fruit is also nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mi sembra strano pensare che da te ci sono già le ciliege, io le adoro. Bellissimo dolce. Un bacio grande

    ReplyDelete
  14. How I would love a bite of your strudel. I envy your summer fruit, Gloria, since all I see outdoors here is white snow. Have a lovely week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, aww I would be happy to have some snow Susan, here is really hot this year!!

      Delete
  15. I dolci con le mele sono i miei preferiti! Buonissimo questo anche con le ciliegie, bacione :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Che meraviglia le ciliegie fresche ..... amo tutte le torte con le mele!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! It looks delicious Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Apple strudel is one treat I cannot resist, but adding cherries makes it even better! What a fabulous recipe, Gloria!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Lizzy you can make when you will be in summes, Im sure you have delicious cherries there !!

      Delete
  19. Io adoro i dolci con le mele e questo lo trovo delizioso!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Se ve delicioso Gloria!!....a mi tambien me encantan los strudel....te deseo un maravilloso 2020....mucha paz y amor para ti y tu familia!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me rio porque vengo llegando de tu blog, cuando tengo algun rato me doy una vuelta por donde mis amigas , me encantan los calamares. Gracias Marcela, tambien te deseo un muy buen año 202o para ti y tu familia, muchos abrazos !!!

      Delete
  21. Gloria, are you trying to make me jealous that it's still summer time there while I'm freezing my face off here? ;) Sending lots of love to you and yours! xoxoxo

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mele e ciliegie, un abbinamento golosissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love apples and cherries together - and your strudel looks beautiful, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great mix of fruits! I love cherries in desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo, yes, more cherries! I wish I didn't have a full day--I have all the ingredients and I'd make this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks so delicious :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Già lo strudel di mele è buonissimo, se poi ci metti anche le ciliegie. Questo strudel mi fa una voglia che non ti dico

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mi hai fatto venire una gran voglia di addentare lo schermo..gnammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looks beautiful and delicious, Gloria. I do love me fruit and puff pastry, so this recipe is one I must try asap!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Theresa, I love fruits always !!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a delicious combo. Those sweet cherries look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a delicious combinations of fruits in that strudel!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a real delicious strudel! Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks so amazing and delicious too

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Gloria, what a wonderful combination of flavors for those lovely Strudel! Cherries, apples and raisins and all those warm spices make for a fine filling for Strudel! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. HACK ANY WHATSAPP ACCOUNT

    HACK ANY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT ,
    HACK FACEBOOK ACCOUNT,
    READ OTHER PHONE SMS,
    HACK TELEGRAM ACCOUNT,
    HACK ANY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT,
    SPY ON YOUR CHEATING PARTNER
    contact me : putro9111@gmail.com


    HACKEAR CUALQUIER CUENTA DE WHATSAPP

    HACK CUALQUIER CUENTA DE INSTAGRAM,
    HACK FACEBOOK CUENTA,
    LEA OTRO TELÉFONO SMS,
    HACK TELEGRAM CUENTA,
    HACK CUALQUIER CUENTA DE MEDIOS SOCIALES. contáctame: putro9111@gmail.com

    هاك أي حساب WATSAPP

    هاك أي حساب INSTAGRAM ،
    هاك حساب الفيسبوك
    ، وقراءة الرسائل القصيرة الأخرى عبر الهاتف ، هاك TELEGRAM حساب ، هاك أي حساب وسائل الاعلام الاجتماعية. الاتصال بي: putro9111@gmail.com

    HACK N'IMPORTE QUEL COMPTE WHATSAPP

    HACK N'IMPORTE QUEL COMPTE INSTAGRAM, HACK FACEBOOK COMPTE,
    LISEZ D'AUTRES TÉLÉPHONES TÉLÉPHONIQUES, HACK TÉLÉGRAMME COMPTE,
    HACK N'IMPORTE QUEL COMPTE DE MÉDIAS SOCIAUX,
    ESPIONNEZ VOTRE PARTENAIRE TRICHEUR contactez-moi: putro9111@gmail.com

    拥有任何WHATSAPP帐户

    拥有任何插件帐户,HACK FACEBOOK帐户,阅读其他电话短信,HACK TELEGRAM帐户,拥有任何社交媒体帐户,监视作弊伙伴的联系方式与我联系:putro9111@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. thanks for the great articles.If the author does not mind,
    I’ll copy a few to my site
    Women's secrets
    Thanks again





    ReplyDelete

  38. Hello Everybody, I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $20, 000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $20, 000.00 Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact via email:(challotloan@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted