11 October 2019

Orange poppy seed yogurt loaf (cake de semillas de amapola y jugo de naranja)

















Those who visited me a while ago and really  know me  sure you have noticed  I love poppy seeds and  love  when I try a recipe with them. 
I think the first thing I tried was a  birthday cake with poppy seeds but really everything, the muffins, desserts, cakes and tarts are delicious.
I'm still trying to catch up with all the recipes I have pending.
Well little by little. At least my mood is better. (There are days that make me very sad I don't know why)

Well going to the recipe is an orange cake with poppy seeds and Greek yogurt: I love it


Source:
 Seasons and Suppers  (a wonderful  blog from Canada) I really love Jennifer's recipes.


Note:
 I added some pictures from home only because I love how is the gardens with all the flowers (orange blossoms) and ton of roses. I love roses!






Orange blossoms






Orange poppy seed yogurt Loaf

Ingredients

Orange loaf
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp fine salt
2 tablespoon orange zest
1  cup white sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vinilla extract
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
4 tablespoon  orange juice fresly squeezed
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

For brushing after baking
3 tablespoon orange juice

Glaze
3/4 cup icing  /confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon greek yogurt
1 tablespoon orange juice 
pinch salt

Method 

Preheat oven to  180° C (350 F).
Grease  a loaf pan (20 x 10 cm)  or 8 x 4 inch  and line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang of paper over the long sides. Set aside.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer or the bowl  of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the sugar an orange zest.
Mix together on low speed for about 1 minute, until sugar becomes slightly moistened with the orange zest.

Add the eggs, one at a time,  beating well after each addition.
Add the oil and vanilla and mix to combine.
Add the flour mixture first, then all the yogurt, and then the remaining flour. Add the orange juice and poppy seeds and mix to combine.
Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth top.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Remove loaf pan to a cooling rack.
Using a long skewer poke holes into the loaf then brush the top with the orange juice  (about 3 tablespoon).
Let loaf sit in pan for 15 minutes then run aknife around the outside and remove the loaf to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Once cooled prepare the glaze combining the ingredients and mixing until smooth. If necessary add a bit more icing sugar or
orange juice to thicken or thin the glaze as you need.
Spoon glaze over cooled loaf and let stand until it sets.



print recipe 










First roses






Cake de semillas de amapola y naranja 














Flores de azahar









74 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful garden, Gloria. We are also fans of poppy seeds. The loaf looks beautiful and so enticing with the combo of flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much dear Angie. You know spring is the best time to flowers and garden. Im happy with my roses. I care them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious cake, love your flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would love this orange loaf, looks so delicious!☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy seed sound like they have many a use. Hopefully you stay on the happy side at your bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pat I use poppy seeds in many recipes. Yes Im better. Some days are more difficult !

      Delete
  6. I love poppy seeds too, and I add them to my recipes whenever I can.
    Oh this is a super loaf, it looks so delicious...and I will definitely try to bake one.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Dearest Gloria...please remember...I am always here for you whenever you feel sad and low. You are welcome to email me any time xxx

    All my Love & Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine you are a really sweet friend ! I know you are lovely !maybe mail you dear!

      Delete
  7. Your flowers are gorgeous, Gloria! And the roses, such a pretty color. My parents had over 200 rose bushes in their background so that is my fave. The loaf looks delicious! Poppy seeds are the best and I would love a slice of that now with my coffee! Your plates are pretty too! Hope you're feeling like new soon, take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam.I love roses and my mom loved too. These roses were gifted me by an old and sweet lady that lived here. Hugs and love to you and thanks

      Delete
  8. I was thinking of making an almond poppy seed bread, but your orange loaf sounds fabulous!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy I think you would love this cake. I one day was finished !!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful cake. I love the flavors. I've never made a cake with yogurt before, but just the idea of it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Un dolce molto interssante Gloria! Buona domenica :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che bel giardino pieno di fiori ^_^
    Mi piacciono molto le torte con i semi di papavero e questo dolce è interessante e bellissimo!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous looking cake …
    So nice seeing all of your flowers.

    Hope you may be feeling a little brighter, some days are just not easy …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Jean. Some times I feel so tired with all. And after my fall Im not the same.still I have problems with my arm. Xo

      Delete
  13. Davvero delizioso Gloria! I tuoi fiori sono bellissimi! Un caro abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. che belle le rose e che bontà questo dolce!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gloria, Great looking slice of cake and nicely presented too! Love your roof tiles...not something one sees in East Tennessee. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, yes I know what are talking about when we bought our house years ago we were lucky because had these roof !hugs to you and Laurie !

      Delete
  16. Davvero super questa pagnotta, che profumino!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. anche a me piacciono tanto i cake con i semi di papavero. Deve essere proprio profumato

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha un aspetto molto invitante! Gnammy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this looks wonderful, hope you get to feeling better sweet gloria and i bet these blossoms smell amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This look delicious. I'm not sure about how the poppy seeds taste, but the definitely do make food look prettier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i semi di papavero nelle torte mi mettono tanta allegria. delizioso il tuo cake profumatissimo. un abbraccio cara, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Fede ! Como stai? buona settimana anche te

      Delete
  22. I can almost smell those orange blossoms from the photo. They look lovely on this delicious cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, yes I love how smell orange blossoms too!

      Delete
  23. Lovely presentation Gloria. The cake sounds so indulgent! Thanks for sharing your home photos too. Most of my roses are dead now with winter coming, so it's nice to see them through your lens once again ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Theresa, really my favorite season is Atumn, I love it but spring is beautiful too !! Yes I know roses are beautiful but only by a time xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Que rico se ve!!....me encantaron tus rosas!!......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks and sounds delicious and it's very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love poppy seeds too. I brought home poppy seed rolls from NY and poppy seed bagels. The only bad part - they get caught in my teeth so I have to brush my teeth right after I eat them or I'll smile with a bunch of them stuck in there. hahaha Lots of love to you and your family! xoxo

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! Really tru ebaout your teeth (happens me too) but I love them,
      Hugss and love !!

      Delete
  28. Dear Gloria, such a lovely cake with poppy seeds, Greek yogurt and orange juice and I love your pics of orange blossoms as well! Such a beautiful presentation, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea, you are so sweet, yes we are in spring but still Im not sure what will happens with apricots and peaches ! We almost dont had rain this year, so sad.
      xo

      Delete
  29. Oh Gloria...orange and poppy seeds, yes please...what a beautiful and tasty combination. Beautiful garden...thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ciao Gloria, bella ricetta e bellissime foto. Baci

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such pretty flowers in your garden. :)

    The cake sounds very good. I love poppy seed cake. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just wanted to pop in and wish you a wonderful weekend, dearest Gloria.
    I hope you are well and happy, my beautiful friend! :))

    Lots of love & hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine what nice are you!! thanks Im better!
      Have a nice weekend!!

      Delete
  33. I love poppy seeds also, Gloria! What a delicious way to use them. I'd love to try this cake! Your first flowers are lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  34. another delicious looking recipe.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. The love the idea of orange flavor in this loaf cake. The recipe looks simple and easy enough for a non baker like me to try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted