6 October 2018

pomegranate Jam or jelly (mermelada de granada)




I love pomegranates and we are already at the end of winter but I still found pomegranates .
Usually I freeze someones  (the seeds) and I also make some jam. 
I found a nice  recipe in a book of  Cenk Sonmezsoy (The artful baker) I always like his recipes because I follow his blog called Cafe Fernando many years and his recipes are awesome.. He is from Turkey.
You can look his blog Cafe Fernando here  many of his recipes are in his blo.
I know all you live  in the northern hemisphere will have pomegranates now and if you can make this jam I think you will love it.

Source : The artful Baker









Ingredients

( for about two jars of 300 ml )

2 1/2 cups freshly  squeezed pomegranate juice 
(about 4 large pomegranates)
1 1/3 cups (350 grams) granulated sugar
1.75 ounces  powdered fruit pectin (50  grams)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2/3 cup (93 grams)  pomegranate arils (reserve before juicing the pomegranates)


Note:  pomegranate juice.

Cut pomegranates in half horizontally (reserve some seeds)
Squeeze out juice from each half like orange juice.
Place a colander over a bowl or pot. Press gently.
Measure 2 1/2 cups .


Method

In a saucepot combine the pomegranate juice, sugar, dry pectin and lemon juice.
Stir and set the pot over high heat and bring to a boil stirring frequetly until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook about 30 minutes ocassionally stirring and skimming off  the foam. 
Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a rolling boil and cook about 5 minutes longer.
Remove the pot from the heat and let the jam cool to room temperature.
(you can put some jam in a plate and look if is thick and ready)
Stir in the pomegranate arils.
Divide the the jam between two sterilized jars.
This jam will keep in the refrigerator for up 6 months.

print recipe












 Cenk Sonmezsoy  cook  book 



en español

mermelada de granada












68 comments:

  1. Yummy, never had pomegranate jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jam looks delicious. I would love some on slice of toast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be very fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never knew they could make jam. Looks like it is grand indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patt ! Was my first time I made this jam!

      Delete
  6. Oh it has to be good..have never tried! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think you would love his blof : Cafe Fernando.com

      Delete
  7. The color is just spectacular! I bet it tastes amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Non ho mai assaggiato la marmellata di melograno, ha un bellissimo colore :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pomegranates and I can buy pomegranate juice at the farmer’s market.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deve essere ottima e poi ha un colore meraviglioso

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm! LOVE pomegranates in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am familiar with Cafe Fernando. This pomegranate jam sounds wonderful, Gloria! I will have to watch for the arrival of pomegranates here xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cafe Fernando too Susan. He is wonderful in his recipes !

      Delete
  13. What a great idea!! It looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gloria, I've never even had pomegranate jam! Sounds like something I should look for in the specialty grocery stores... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, maybe you find someones has pomegrates and dont used ! happens here !!

      Delete
  15. Molto particolare questa marmellata! Chissà che buon sapore :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superbe! And this book seems very interesting !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria, this is such a great idea...I have never thought of using pomegranate to make jam...not only beautiful color as delicious. Thanks for the recipe. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really is beautiful and delicious I think you would love Cafe Fernando blog!

      Delete
  18. The color is lovely! I wish I had a jar of this jam.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never tried pomegranate jam, this looks good! Thanks for sharing, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce I think you would love this recipe, I love it°

      Delete
  20. It's so pretty! I'm going to make it when pomegranates show up at my store!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've made pomegranate syrup and need to make the jam now. It sounds great, Gloria and looks really delicious! Great color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I heard about Molasses syrup with pomegrates I think would be great!

      Delete
  22. I am trying it! There are so many beautiful pomegranates in the market just now, they are the nicest autumn fruit, IMO, and supposed to be very healthy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia Im agree is the most nicest autumn fruit! yes and is healthy!

      Delete
  23. I've not tried pomegranate jam, it looks such a wonderful colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never had pomegranate jam- but I do love pomegranates and this sounds delicious. YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Jess Is really a delicious jam!

    ReplyDelete
  26. UNa marmellata molto golosa, da rifare!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Non ho mai assaggiato la marmellata di melograno, deve essere deliziosa!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gloria nunca lo he probado y tiene que estar muy rico

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the recipe. We just picked our poms and I was going to freeze the seeds but now I will make jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria Im glad you will use this recipe. Is wonderful. I love poms!

      Delete
  30. I've never tried pomegranate jam and it sounds so goof. And easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just stocked up on pomegranates and this looks like such a wonderful way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice Theresa I love pomegranates jam!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about pomegranate. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted