15 September 2018

No churn Black forest Ripple Ice cream (Postre helado Selva negra con cerezas) Feliz dia de la Independencia!









This is another dessert  I made with frozen cherries (they can also be with tined cherries) here is not yet time for cherries (the trees are just blooming)

It is a variety of the Black Forest cake, it is absolutely delicious and it is not difficult to do.
.
When I was very small my favorite cake was Black Forest and my mom always made it or bought it for my birthday.
(Oh my mom .I miss her so much, every day.)

I am posting it as a tribute to our Independence Day, which is September 18th.
To chileans here and out Happy Independence day)
Have everyone a very good weekend, hugs


Adapted from : Woman's day kitchen










Ingredients

350 grams   (12 oz) pitted  frozen cherries or drained canned black cherries
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups cold heavy cream,
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
114 grams (4 oz ) bittersweet chocolate chunks




Method

Place the cherries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until the cherries break down and the liquid turns to a thick syrup, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl  and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.

Using a electric mixer beat the cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl on medium high until stiff peaks for, 3 to 4 minutes. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks. (reserve some cherries and chocolate for  garnish.)

Spoon half the cream mixture into 4 1/2 by 8 inch loaf pan or a freezer safe container.
Spoon  half the cherry mixture on top. Using a knife swirl the cherry mixture through the cream. Repeat with remaining cream and cherry mixture.
Freeze until set, at least  3 hours. Once set cover with plastic wrap and you can freeze for up to 2 weeks.

print recipe






















en español

postres helado de selva negra


















76 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of work... but worth it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David really is not so much work but is really delicious :)

      Delete
  2. It must be very delicious. Love that it's no churn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, Gloria! Cherry ice cream is my fave and the chocolate only makes it better! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks like a win for your independance day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness! This ice cream is incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dessert is very attractive and moreover this is no churn...

    ReplyDelete
  7. un dessert comme je les aime. J'en veux une grosse part.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Independence Day!

    This looks so good. I have always loved Black Forest Cake. Now my mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria, We've never tried making no churn ice cream...lazy I guess! In any case we love dark cherries and especially in ice cream. Looks great! Take Care, Big Daddy dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dark cherries too David, I use a lot!! Take care !

      Delete
  10. Mi piacciono molto le ciliegie e adoro questo dolce :)
    Un bacio grande

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful memories of your mother in this lovely ice cream ♥ Such a delicious flavor for ice cream and I love that it's no churn :) Happy Independence Day, Dear Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan, yes I remember my mom with this Dessert! hugs!

      Delete
  12. I agree with the comment above - wonderful memories of your mother in this lovely ice cream recipe.
    It looks and sounds delicious.

    Happy Independence Day to you Gloria
    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from Idaho stop in from Christine blog and that forrest choc oh so yummy.
    If you have time stop by for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Gloria!

    Simply mouth watering icecream. It looks so delish, topped with chocolate curls. can't wait to try it.

    Keep sharing your best recipes and look forward to your future creations and write ups.

    Thanks and much luv
    Sonia
    http://www.mycreativeflavors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM! It looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum, what a beautiful dessert☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am drooling at that ice cream! I would love to have a huge piece of it now...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your homemade ice cream always looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ma buonissima!! complimenti! sembra davvero deliziosa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Gloria, your no churn ice cream looks delicious and I love all the cherries in it...cherry ice cream is my all time favorite!
    Thanks for the recipe...hope you are having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Juliana! Have a bice week!

      Delete
  21. Wow, that looks so good!

    I'm mostly blogging these days at www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Still warm here, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a mouthwatering combination of flavors! Looks so yum, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks positively sinful, Gloria. Yum. I'm always amazed at the power of food to bring back memories of people and places. I always feel a little sad when I make one of my grandmother's recipes. I can only imagine your pain. A big strong hug, my friend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia. Yes some days I feel the pain more hard.my chilean grand mom was really important to me too :)

      Delete
  25. Dear Gloria, I miss my mom everyday too. She and I would cook together all the time when I was little and I miss her everyday too.
    It is a blessing that we have these memories.
    Your ice cream looks very delicious! I love chocolate too. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much VCatherine, really I miss my mom so much :(

      Delete
  26. If think that if I tried really hard and believe in myself that I could eat that whole thing. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to giving the recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great way to blend two taste sensations Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ti invidio l'arrivo della primavera, amo la primavera. E invidio anche il semifreddo, ne mangerei volentieri una fetta

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know how much you miss your mom. I was thinking of mine this morning when reading an apple butter post---she'd always have that on the breakfast table in the fall. We were both lucky to have wonderful mothers. P.S. Your ice cream looks wonderful!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks dear Lizzy. I know how you love
    Your mom. Is really hard some days more than others. I miss her.
    Send you love and hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ottima questa tua versione di foresta nera. Complimenti alla tua mamma che ti ha insegnato la ricetta e felice festa dell'indipendenza, anche se 18 settembre è passato da qualche giorno.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Che meravigliosa torta, mi piace tantissimo e si presenta molto invitante!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted