27 April 2017

Fig and balsamic Ice Cream (helado de higos y vinagre balsamico)












I know I said this many times : I LOVE FIGS !
I know it's not new!
But this ice cream with figs was sooo delicious!
Really I think fresh or dried figs lend a sublime sweetness to all sort of dishes !


Source : A thought for food 










Ingredients

Fig balsamic sauce 

1 cups figs,stems removed and fruit quartered
1/2 cup granulate sugar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

For Ice cream

2 cups whole milk
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cream cheese softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream 
2/3 cup sugar 
2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Method

To make the fig and balsamic sauce, add all the ingredients to a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
When it comes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Once the figs begin to soften use a wooden spoon to beak the pieces.
When the sauce begins to thicken, remove from heat and let cool while you make the ice cream base.

To make the ice cream start by stirring together the milk abd cornstarch in a small bowl. Set this  aside. In a separate bowl whisk together the cream cheese and salt.

Combine the rest of the milk, as well as the cream, sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan.

Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook for 4 minutes.
remove from heat and gradually whisk in the cornstarch mix. Bring back to a boil over and cook stirring with a rubber spatula, until slightly thickened about 1 minute.
Remove from heat.

At this point slowly whisk the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese mixture until smooth.  Let chill by a while and then pour the mixture in freezer about 60 minutes. (have to be thick)

Once the base is almost ready add the ice cream to a storage container, alternating between the base and the fig and balsamic sauce. Freeze in the coldest part of your freezer until firm (at least 4 hours).




Print recipe


















helado de higos















62 comments:

  1. I wish I had someone who could and would prepare something like this for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gloria. I never thought of adding figs to my dairy-free ice cream. Thank you for the tip and the inspiration. I am new to eating figs as of only two years I think. But now, I love them when I can get them fresh.

    Thanks for your inspiration. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear Ivy you know the figs are really good for you :) :)
      and look who are talking :)
      I know you make amazing Ice creams !!

      Delete
  3. Such a fabulous ice cream, Gloria! That fig sauce sounds amazing!!! Perfect way to celebrate the fruits of autumn! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this. I like both ice cream and figs but never had them together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like Sage, this Ice cream is wonderful and easy. I dont use in this my Ice cream maker.

      Delete
  5. Oh Gloria, seeing your recipe with figs, make me miss so much fresh figs, and I am loving the combination of figs and balsamic...all combined with creamy ice cream...awesome!
    Thanks for the inspiration...I hope you are having a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana, really amased me the mix of balsamic and figs but was wonderful!!

      Delete
  6. I too love figs, Gloria. Homemade fig balsamic sauce sounds really fancy and great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, the balsamic and figs was a surpise for me, really delicious !

      Delete
  7. adoro i fichi, splendido piatto Gloria ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you love figs ...
    This looks delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....looks delicious Gloria! I have never made ice cream...
    Hope you are well...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Linda ! you have to do is really easy. I dont use Ice cream machine in this recipe and was amazing !!
    Im ok but with a terrible headache today.
    I think is when I have to run so much like today.
    hugs to you and miss V ♡♡☆
    j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending hugs to you...we have Miss V tomorrow....should be a busy day! And she is sleeping over! Wish us luck!

      Delete
    2. wish you luck my friend and love for you and miss V ♡♡♡

      Delete
  11. Your ice cream looks yummy!! I have never eat a fig before, but I think they look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dawn! you have to try figs , look to the end of summer is more easy find figs ! are absolutely delicious!!

      Delete
  12. I wonder about the balsamic vinegar, I've never tried it in a desert. It looks delicious.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amalia is the first time I use balsamic in a dessert (I was afraid to make) but I try and was amazing. Tasted like a delicious fig jam!!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  13. Fig ice cream sounds super tasty to me. I have never had anything like it, but would love to try it! Especially the combination with the balsamic. :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The balsamc was amazing Jess was like a fig jam really !!
      hugs!

      Delete
  14. Gloria, We love figs and keep a bag of organic (no preservatives) dried figs on hand all the time. I never thought about figs...especially in a balsamic bases sauce...in ice cream. Very inventive and it sounds great too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love figs too David ! And are really good for you by vitamins and minerals!

      Delete
  15. An interesting combination indeed at your feed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This ice cream is making my mouth water! Absolutely divine with figs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Che bontà! Mi sta facendo venire l'acquolina :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  18. MOlto goloso il gelato con i fichi, brava!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gloria, what a wonderful idea, love, love figs. Will be making this ice cream base, so wonderful it is a no-churn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds wonderful, added to my list of things to make when the fig tree is ready :-) Thanks have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goloso e invitante. Bravissima Gloria. Un abbraccio :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. fantastic combination! i've been so delighted by the complexity balsamic adds to sweet dishes, and i'm sure this would not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks Grace ! yes was amazing the balsamic and figs ! I love it.
    like a fig jam :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. This icecream looks delicious Gloria. Love the combination of fig sauce with the icecream. I am sure the flavor would be amazing. I will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Gloria, A certainly would enjoy this ice cream since I do love figs. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. fantastico e golosissimo questo gelato!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love figs too, Gloria! What a delightful flavor for ice cream. xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yum! Terrific flavor combination Gloria.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted