30 November 2016

Apple - raspberry Pie (Pie de manzanas y frambuesas)







Many people ask me why I have a recipe blog.
 Certainly I would not necessarily have to give an explanation but in Chile people are curious. 
I do not make money. I do not make promotions.

I do it for the simple pleasure of sharing and because I have inherited from my grandmothers and my mother the love of cooking.
Sometimes the time is short, I am taking care of my mom (after my dad died) care two dogs (one is 1 and a half months old.
And care about my twins and hubby :)
Sometimes I make my posts with Wolf (the puppy)  in my arms cause is like a baby.!





Wolf


But especially I love baking. 
 It relaxes me makes me loose the problems, the urgencies, this difficult and selfish world. 
And I've always been like this is not from now only.
I also like share , people always ask me for recipes.

I love Pies and since hubby was saying "there are lots of apples" so I was  looking  for a recipe and found this  with raspberries  and apples  and we  loved it!

Source : Country living

This recipe is from November 2015, and Im happy Country living recipes are amazing and never fail. 







Ingredients

Basic Pie dough

2 1/2 cups all purpose  flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup cold ulsalted butter cut up
1/4 cup ice water
Whisk together flour, salt and sugar.
Cut  in butter until it resembles, coarse meal with several pea size remaining.
Add water  1 tablespoon at a time and pull dough together into a crumbly pile  (add more water if needed)
Refrigerate until firm (1 1/2 hour)

Apple-raspberry pie

2 tablespoons all purpose flour
plus more for surface
1 recipe Basic Pie dough
1/4 cup raspberry jam
2 tablespon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
 2 pounds granny smith, Fuji or golden delicious apples peeled and thiny sliced.
1 cup frozen raspberries
Egg wash  for brushing crust
raw sugar for sprinkling

Method

Preheat oven to 180°c (350°F) On a floured surface  rool one disk of dough in circle.
Transfer to a pie plate.

Whisk together flour, jam, granulated sugar,vanilla and salt.
Add apples and raspberries, toss to coat. Transfer to pie plate. Refrigerate  15 minutes.

On a floured surface  roll remaining disk of dough and make a circle. Cut into strips discard trimmings.
Weave strips into a lattice pattern over fruit.
Fold bottom over lattice edges and crimp to seal.
Brush dough with egg wash (1 yolk with 2 spoonfuls of milk) and sprinkle with raw sugar. Freeze 15 minutes.
Bake on a baking sheet until golden and bubblking about 60 minutes.
Cool on a rack at least 2 hours.

Print recipe here




























En español

Pie de frambuesas







Muchas personas me preguntan  porque tengo un blog de recetas (hace 8 años)
Cuando empezé eramos pocas, en Chile casi nadie.
Asi que a la mayoria las conoci afuera, De USA, de Inglaterra, de Canada, India, South Africa etc.
La verdad es que no tendria que explicar.
Pero la gente aqui es curiosa y no entienden que no gane plata y que trabaje en esto.
Tampoco tengo auspiciadores.
La verdad es que lo hago porque me encanta cocinar especialmente hornear. Y lo hago desde los 12 años.

Aprendi de mis dos abuelas, una española y la otra chilena además de mi mama. Todas estupendas cocineras y muchas recetas de ella estan aqui.

Cuando el mundo es dificil, egoista y aburrido  me encanta cocinar y hacer posts. Por mi haria mas seguido pero me ha cambiado un poco la vida.
Cuido a mi mama que tiene 86 años desde que murio mi papa y estoy feliz de hacerlo! pero además debo cuidar 2 perros y uno tiene 1 mes y 1/2 y estan los mellizos. pero ademas tengo muy buenos amigos aca que los conozco hace 8 años.
En resumen lo hago por placer y por compartir nada mas.

Me encantan los pies de fruta y por eso hice este de manzanas y frambuesas. Delicioso.







72 comments:

  1. Che meraviglioso cucciolo, come non tenerlo in braccio come un bambino!!! Cara Gloria il tempo è tiranno con tutti e ancor più con noi che per la passione e l'amore per la cucina abbiamo aperto il blog per condividere i nostri piatti senza dimenticare il nostro amore più grande: la famiglia!!!
    Del resto ricette come questa, una torta golosa e buonissima perfettamente riuscita, merita di essere condivisa e soprattutto rifatta!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Grazie Laura, really is like a bambino and I have to care him like it haha!
      Sometimes wants to know all and go out and you have to care him like a baby, :)

      Delete
  2. what a delicious pie Gloria ! The little dog is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chiara . Esperanza found this puppy in a Cementery only had about 1 month and was abandoned and she comes with him to home and what can I do? my mom say you and a baby now ! haha but what can I did he loves us anyway!! Un abbraccio!

      Delete
  3. This looks so good, I should go have some dessert, you are making me crave it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pup is adorable..and I blog for the same reasons as you:) The pie looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes he is and ..naughty.. like a baby and try all with his little teeths :)
      I know Monique and for this your blog is one of my favorite :) :)

      Delete
  5. Apple and raspberries together ... simply delicious.
    Wolf looks adorable, thank you for including his photo.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, Esperanza sleeps with him at night and she feed him (thanks God) and I care him at day !!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Delicious Gloria ~ If this makes you happy, go on cooking and baking for the love of it ~

    Have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, yes to my age I try to make the things make me happy, I try but always some people ask me :
      And you dont receive any money ???
      Thanks Grace.

      Delete
  7. I am so glad you blog and share your recipes and pictures with us! So many interesting and delicious treats for your readers. This pie sounds SO good. I have never had a pie with apples and raspberries- but it is definitely something I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing. Wolf is adorable. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Jess, really appreciate yours comments and love your blog !

      Delete
  8. Gloria, Which is more calming...baking or holding Wolf? I'll bet its the latter! Love pie and I love raspberries so I don't understand why we've never made or even found apple-raspberry pie in a restaurant. Sounds great! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To this age of Wolf sometimes is baking but sometimes I love when he sleeps in my arms or my bed.
      Thanks to you David :)

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous pie! And I love the new addition to your family!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy ! the fun Chica think is her SON, she cleans, care him and sometimes dont want we touch him lol
      She thinks she is the only knows what he need. Ha!!

      Delete
  10. Your puppy looks so very adorable, Gloria. As always, awesome recipe! Wish I could taste your pie with my afternoon tea now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, yes you know, only coming ha! and here is and is adorable !!

      Delete
  11. Ma che dolce il tuo cagnolino ^_^ anch'io ho una cagnolina che curo come un bambino, so cosa vuol dire....
    Questa torta con mele e lamponi è una vera delizia, mi piace tantissimo.
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Dani is like a bambino, really little we have to feed him with a special milk and mini pellets but has good appetite !
      Un abbraccio!

      Delete
  12. The pup looks cute indeed at your feed. And yeah, post what you like for sure, especially when you enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aahh Pat I know what you think about dogs and you make me laugh! But is an adorable puppy!!

      Delete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! :( I was not aware of that. Hugs...

    The pie looks wonderful and that puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy was some months ago and was unexpect, difficult, for this my mom is with us, by the moment, I dont have problem she will be there but she has to do waht she wants !
      Ahh the puppy is naughty !! ha!

      Delete
  14. Oh yum, I would love to try that! And the puppy is sooooo cute<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm molto invitante la tua crostata!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Una torta davvero deliziosa Gloria, complimenti!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally get it! I blog for the same reasons too. Just the other day I was asked for a recipe and it's great to say just look at my blog and get it. I too make no money, etc from it, just do it because of family recipes. Your pie looks delicious, never have had that combo, yum! And the pup is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Pam. I think blog like you make and me and others make us free, sometimes offered me something but always you have to do something. I respect that. But I prefer this way. Especially now Im caring my mom.
      Thanks Pam

      Delete
  18. Hi Gloria, cooking helps me unwind too and food is so universal. I completely understand. So glad you do blog as I enjoy your writing. Adorable little puppy. Take care, happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ma che bella Pie, una sinfonia di sapore! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice tasty cake! It looks so inviting. I love your puppy, sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh WOW, Gloria...this looks absolutely fantastic!!
    Makes my mouth water just looking at the picture...this I HAVE to try...:)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wolf is so cute !
    Me too, I have blog because i love cooking and want sharing the recipe I love.
    bises

    ReplyDelete
  23. My problem is I love crust...so eat that first! :) Also love raspberries. What a great combo for a pie, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's true what you say about baking, Gloria. It is so relaxing. Your little puppy is so cute and I'm sure he makes you smile too :) What a delicious pie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I keep my blog for exactly the same reasons as you, Gloria! It brings me so much happiness. Your pie looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. For myself, I am very glad that you are blogging, Gloria. I love your blog and how would we have met otherwise?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog too Amalia ! I really enjoy when I visit you. xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  27. avec une bonne tasse de thé, j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pie is wonderful and blogging gives so much pleasure to all!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks so lovely! I love baking too, but I have never been able to make a good lattice criss cross topping on pies like that... it looks great! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Thanks Gingi to make a good lattice I think the dough is really important to work in it !

      Delete
  30. Pues que suerte tenemos que te encante hornear, todas tus recetas son maravillosas y este pastel delicioso Gloria! Siento lo de tu padre...no sabia nada. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yo creo que cuando murio mi papa muchos estaban de vacaciones. Fue a fines de Junio. Si quieres leer el post que hice y la receta se llamaba Warm lemon pudding.
    No ha sido facil.
    Mi mama aun esta cobmigo.Pero para mi es mejor.
    Gracias Rosana :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, I like how blogging gets me trying new dishes too! Your puppy is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks Inger !! Love your blog too !!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't think I ever had a pie with apple and raspberry...and this is just looking fabulous Gloria...thanks for the recipe.
    I hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so lovely Gloria! Very nice cake indeed and the colour is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like the combination of raspberries and apples, it has to be very flavorful and I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Apple and raspberry - yummm!
    That Wolf is too darn cute.
    Now that you have a Baking Blog... you need a Barking Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted