2 March 2012

crunch salad (with zucchini and carrots)



This was delicious and funny, really, when I finish and want take the pictures (sorry no are the best have porblems with my camera) The kids was eating the top (Fried Potato Threads)
OMG so I have to say please wait I have to take the pictures!
Well now you know why sometimes I cant take pictures:)

Anyway that was I loved of this recipe, a delicious mix of salads with a top of potato threads , the recipe said you can bought but I havent and cause I live  in the country side  I made them
and here is the recipe from Epicurious.


Ingredients


300 grs.  fry potato threads
(bought or you can make)
3 carrots in julienne strips
3 zucchinis in julienne strips
2 green onions chopped(including the green part)
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup chopped parsley
lemon juice
salt and pepper




Method


In a wok or deep skillet, place the olive oil and saute the carrots until  dente, add the  zucchini in julienne strips, sauté for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
 They should be crispy so it is only for minutes.Set aside.
Make the thread potatoes.
 Before serving, add green onions, chopped parsley and lemon
Prepare dishes and add on each fry potatos threads .
Serve like side dish or alone.
With daugther we eat with tomatoes and avocado slices.
And my son with beef burger.





EN ESPAÑOL

Ensalada crujiente (con zapallitos y zanahorias)


Esta ensalada la hice hace pocos dias y fue muy gracioso porque no la terminaba y los mellizos se la estaba comiendo, me descuidaba y allá estaba de nuevo y no solo por las papas hilo en el tope sino que les gustó la mezcla, que es de zapallitos italianos con zanahorias en julianas y llevan papas hilos encima.
Las papas hilo se pueden comprar o hacer, yo las hice porque nunca tengo esas cosas en el congelador. Son super fáciles.
Se cortan en juliana con un rallador y se frien en grupos y despues se dejan en papel absorbente mientras se prepara el resto.Le da un toque a la ensalada.

Las fotos es otra historia sorry pero mi cámara colapsó y tuve que tomarlas con celular que es bueno pero no es lo mismo.






Ingredientes

300 gramos de papas hilos
(compradas o preparadas)
3 zanahorias cortadas en julianas
3 zapallitos italianos en julianas
2 cebollines picados o trozados (con la parte verde)
3 cucharadas de aceite de oliva
1/3 taza de perejil picado
jugo de limón
sal y pimienta

Preparación

En un wok o sartén más pordundo colocar el aceite de oliva, saltear las zanahorias en juliana hasta que esten tiernas, al dente, agregar los zapallitos italianos y hacer lo mismo.
Aliñar con sal y pimienta a gusto.
Preparar las papas hilo y reservar.
Agregar los cebollines picados y el perejil, mezclar bien, probar la sazón y agregar el limón..
Al momento de llevar a la mesa servir cada plato con la ensalada y cubrir con las papas hilos en cada uno.

Se puede servir como acompañamiento o como plato único, nosotras la comimos con tomates y paltas.
Pero mi hijo con hamburguesa de carne (hechas por mí).
En todo caspo es un buen acompañamiento y sabroso.
Tambien si se quiere se puede aliñar con mayonesa.




68 comments:

  1. Look refreshing and I love your skillet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy!! maybe is the only thing I try with coupons (lol) here in a supermarket by a time they have coupons and these skillets and pan and I have this!! I think you will enjoy the history!

      Delete
    2. I did enjoy that, thank you. Are you able to print coupons from the Internet?

      Delete
    3. Still I dont made dear, but know I look these coupons with other eyes (lol) thanks to you:)

      Delete
  2. This is just the sort of healthy salad I would love as soon as my courgettes and potatoes are ready in the garden :) Have a great weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que rica y novedosa, para mi sin las papas eso sí, pero el resto me gustó mucho, ideal para acompañar unas hamburguesas de quinoa, me tenté.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias kako. En este caso las papas hilo son como un toque especialmente les encanta a los ninos es deliciosa.besos

      Delete
  4. It happens the same to me with the pictures. I have to warn them to wait until I've finished but sometimes it is useless. I love your salad with the crunchy topping. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat will eat the carrots, all the better to see you with..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que ensalada más rica!! además e ssuper original.
    Este es de los platos que me rechiflan. Sanos y nutritivos.
    Me lo quedo, amiga.
    Un beso y que tengas un lindo fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathalia tambien es una mis ensaladas favoritas!!
      te mandaré un mail besos

      Delete
  7. The photos may not be up to your usual standards, but they're fine! And I like the new header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silver, I know is sad about my pictures, I have to be what make, thanks;)

      Delete
  8. Wow! This made me hungry... Hehehe...

    It is indeed a good coincidence. What a name eh... Roa is my mother's last name... Baker? Hmmm... This sounds funny but i once love that... Twice actually. Hahaha...

    I am half spanish...

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Jesus here my father is roa and my mother is baker, anyway normally I use Baker from my mom, anyway Im from Chile and is nice to meet you, yes is funny baker I know but this is Iam a proud baker:))

      Delete
  9. idea sfizziosa io sono a dieta e allora è adattissima a me grazie

    ReplyDelete
  10. un'idea molto appetitosa!!! baci

    ReplyDelete
  11. not only good taste, but nice textures in this as well...and some nice color...i like...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look Brian yours kid would love this recipe especially the ll love the fries top is only a little but they loved(lol)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks amazing! But what is not to like if it is topped with potato threads? yum!

    That has happened to me before...family eating bits off a plate before I can get a photo! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks Betsy, Im sad by my camera, sigh! maybe I have to buy other dear! The twins fight for the fry Betsy!

      Delete
  14. Que rico, me gustan mucho las zanahorias en ensalada por el toque dulce que aportan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Se ve riquísima, qué suerte que tus niños comen vegetales! En casa le hacen asco a la zanahoria, excepto por la torta y el relish.... Ah, en unos días postearé el relish de zanahorias y zucchini, para guardar en la heladera.
    Besos,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Myriam, la verdad es que por suerte los niños son buenos para las ensaladas:)

      Delete
  16. Awesome healthy dish & looks great to me. I'm sure your twins can't resist these treats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks wonderful, Gloria! I'd be eating the potato threads off the top, too! Sorry about your camera, but this looks yummy even with a phone picture :) Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Lizzy you always cheers me! ha! well I was seeing someones in Internet fast!! Well really I was porblems with the kids this day!Have a nice weeke end!

      Delete
  18. This looks so good, don't blame the kids that they can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, yes sometimes happens with the kids!!

      Delete
  19. I can understand why your kids love this so much, it sound so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It really does look delicious Gloria especially the potato threads!

    ReplyDelete
  21. fun salad and the kids liked it thats the best part :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It has been hot here and I'd love to have some crunchy salad liked this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmh Gloria, this looks yummy!

    Have a great weekend

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Que rico Gloria!! no me extraña que tus hijos les encante, tiene que estar deliciosa.Besos

    ReplyDelete
  25. healthy salad......

    Love the new look of your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Gloria...I've missed so much this week.
    Looking at your past meals and this one of course...has increased my appetite.

    Your kitchen dedication and posting marvels me...where do you get all your energy?

    Ciao for now bella. Have a great weekend.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia but you always made amazing post and yumm! ha!
      Normally I make 2 posts for week dear.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  27. It may look like a salad, but I'd serve this as a side dish with fish. Looks wonderful, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barbara is true is these type of foods you can serve alone or like side fish!

      Delete
  28. I'm always looking for more ways to prepared vegetable salads - this is a wonderful combination that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love colorful salads...they are pretty on the plate and usually very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me too Karen and this is funny and delicious!!

      Delete
  30. That looks wonderful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear missed you so much!
      I know the picture is not the best but believe me the salad is one of our favorites now! (lol)

      Delete
  31. This looks really healthy and good ~

    Thanks for sharing ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, I love your blueberries! ha!

      Delete
  32. I love a good, crunchy salad. This sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely recipe. I have never tried zucchini's salad before. Will give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alida zucchini are so nice to salads!

      Delete
  34. Mmmm, that looks so good. I'm always looking for new ideas like this. I'll be trying this soon! That's funny about the kids! :)
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks healthy with all those veggies, and a lovely crunch with the topping! Nice variety of textures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted