27 October 2012

Spinachs and parmesan filling crepes










Long time since I had made crepes , always forget the nice are them and how we like with some veggies or a dessert (filling with jam or dulce de leche).
I had spinachs so thesese was perfect for this plate.
Easy and yumm.

 
These panquekes (or crepes)  can be kept perfectly frozen!

Source   Country Living UK




Ingredients

200 grs. plain flour
2 eggs
1 yolk
400 ml milk
pinch of salt
30 g. butter

Filling
400 g spinachs
some green onions trimmed and sliced
salt and pepper
250 grs creme fraiche or sour cream
100 grs. grated parmesan cheese
50 g.unsalted butter
Method


To prepare the crepes  place the flour and a pinch of salt in a large bowl, add the eggs and yolk and mix to a lumpy wet paste using a spoon.
Now add the milk and whisk a little to begin  to smooth out the lumps.Beat until you have a creamy batter.
.

Alternatively place all the ingredients except for the butter in a blender and whizz until smoothy.
I use a hand whisk and was perfect.
Leave the batter to stand for   least 20 minutes, then stir in the melted batter.

Heat a frying pan  of about 24 cm  over a medium heat  and add some oil drops and clean with a paper towel.
Ladle injust enough batter to coat the base,tipping it to allow it to run evenly over the surface. When the pan is hot enough the pancake mixture should sizzle as it hits the pan.

Cook by 30  seconds until the top side appears dry and  lacy at the edges and is golden.
Loosen the edges using a palette, a knife or spatula.
Slip this underneathand flip it over. Give another 30 seconds and then slip int onto in a plate.
You can make a pile  them up on a plate  and cover with foil to keep warm.

Filling

To make the filling bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the spinach and blanch it for 2 minutes, then drain it and press out as much of the water as possible.

At the same time heat a large frying pan over a medium low heat for a few minutes add the butter and once it has melted stirring ocassionally  Then add the green onions and sweat by a minutes.
Finally mix in the spinach  and cook about 1 minute. seasoning with salt and pepper  Leave cool and transfer to a bowl.

To assmble the cannelloni (crepes) lay a couple of tablespoon of the filling just to the side of the centre of the top pancake. and roll it up.
Place this in a 35 x 35 cm roasting dish and fill and roll the remainder likewise, laying them out in a row.
Heat the oven to 180° c Beat the creme fraiche with a spoon to lossen it and spoon it evenly over the pancakes. Scatter over the
parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes until golden and sizzling.


Print recipe


Im sharing with

 





EN ESPAÑOL

Panqueques rellenos con espinacas











Siempre se me olvida lo ricos que son los panqueques y tan rápidos, me acuerdo que mi abuelita Filomena (la española) parada en la cocina y diciendo ya estais listos?? y todos decian. no todavía no para que la pobre viejita siguiera haciendo panqueques.
Los iba haciendo y los ibamos comiendo tal cual, normalmente con manjar (dulce de leche) pero tambien me encantan salados y los hago a veces con pollo o mariscos o con verduras, esta vez los hice con espinacas.

Es una receta de Country living UK

Ingredientes
200 gramos de harina sin polvos de hornear
2 huevos
1 yema de huevo
400 ml de leche
pizca de sal
30 grs. mantequilla

Relleno

2 cebollines picados finos
400 grs. de espinacas
50 grs. de mantequilla
sal y pimienta para aliñar
250 grs. crema o sour cream
100 grs. queso parmesano rallado

Preparación


Para preparar los crepes colocar en un bol la harina y sal ,
agregar los huevos y la yema de huevo, unir bien.Agregar la leche y batir un poco (con un batidor de alambre) para deshacer los posibles grumos.
Batir bien hasta tener un batido cremoso. Batir bien todos los ingredientes y dejar reposar unos 20 minutos excepto la mantequilla.
Despues agregar la mantequilla ya derretida.
 
Calentar un sarten de teflon de unos 24 cm. e ir haciendo los panqueques. Poner una cucharada y media mas o menos para que sea una película delgada.
Dejar dorar levemente y dar vuelta con una espátula para que se dore por el otro lado.
Ir reservando los panqueques en un plato.
Cubrir con aluza foil si no se van a usar de inmediato.
 
Relleno
 
Para el relleno en un sarten grande con un ´pcp de agua saltear las espinacas ya picadas, hacer esto por unos dos minutos, luego retirar del fuego y estrujar el agua.
En un sartén calentar un poco de mantequilla y agregar el cebollín picado.
Sudar un poco. despues agregar las espinacas y unir todo bien revolviendo todo a fuego suave.
Sazonar con sal y pimienta y reservar en un bol.
 
Para armar los panqueques rellenos.
Tomar un crepe o panqueques y colocar en el centro una cucharada y 1/2 de la mezcla de espinacas,
Enrollar e ir colocando de a uno en una fuente de horno.
Hacer los panqueques necesarios.
Precalentar el horno a 180 c
Conuna cuchara esparcir la crema espesa o la sour cream, luego el queso rallado y llevar a horno por unos 25 minutos hasta que esté dorado y burbujeante.
Normalmente sirvo dos panqueques por persona y los acompaño de tomates u otra ensalada.
Se calientan bien en microondas si quedan para la noche.



82 comments:

  1. These look delicious, I love crepes with savory filling. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good ~ Like the creative approach of your preparation ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to ask you Gloria...do you have a fruit cake recipe (with wine or brandy?) I would like to make it for Christmas ~

      Delete
  3. Yum! They look amazing, Gloria! Really thin pancakes like that we call crepes. Sweet or savory...they look amazing! I've never tried to make them, though! I want a bite! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thamks Betsy, I remember now you call pancakes these more biggers you brakfast! and crepes these more thin! you have reason, we call here pancakes and normally are thin!:) I will add they are crepes, thanks besty!

      Delete
  4. Look like a nice treat indeed. And you got a bunny too. Going to let it hop around like Nugget at your zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Este es uno de esos platos que soy muy floja para preparar, pero me encantan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Estos panqueques tienen que estar deliciosos! me imagino los de tu abuelita con dulce de leche... ¡que ricos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crepes with savory filling and it looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combination of spinach and cheese..I never thought to use it in crepes though! This looks seriously delicious, can I have it now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spinach and cheese sounds delicious in this crepe, would love to try some too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I'm starved. I need to stop visiting your blog before I eat, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crepes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh goodness gloria, this sounds delicious....i have yes to eat lunch and am wondering if it will compare....i love spinach...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dears all: I have a lot of problems all these day in my blog and now I cant COMMENT in my own blog, so I answer your comments, please be patient, hope this fix soon!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good, perfect for a satisfying afternoon lunch! Thanks for sharing, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh..what lovely roses! That is a wonderful color! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deliciosos! Me encantan salados...dulces, pero estos tuyos así con espinacas son un vicio puro y duro!

    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kitchen flavours. thanks!!

    betsy and smell absoultely delicious I think are the most beautiful roses!:)

    Gracias Mayte, a mi tambien me encantan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, gosh, these look so yummy, Gloria! Even picky Katie would eat these beauties!!!! Hope you've had a wonderful weekend, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. mmmm increible receta!!
    Me quedare a seguirte y así miro mejor el blog!
    Un abrazo

    http://www.lamevaprimeracuina.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks dear Lizzy is a plate we like so much!!:)
    Gracias Ester!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how delicious! I'm also a fan of crepes but like you, more often then not, I forget to include them in my daily menu, can't figure out why.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delightful crepes, Gloria! I would make these.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks dear are easy and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Spinach and cheese sounds great with crepes especially when we want a vegetarian option!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes I know Mich ;) normally I make many veggies options because my daugther is veggie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gloria, those look so delicious!!!
    Hope you are doing well. I am way behind in blogging!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris, all these days I had porblems with blogger and I cant comment in my blog and others blogs. x

      Delete
  27. My kind of dish! Savory filled crepes are just so delicious. Love your choice of filling.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deliziose queste crepes. Fanno sempre festa in tavola. Un abbraccio, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  29. So simple but so yummy sounding!

    ReplyDelete
  30. vous avez dû vous régaler!
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  31. Comme cela à l air délicieux! J adore!

    ReplyDelete
  32. yum I adore crepes and exp savory ones then a nutella one for dessert

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your recipes.. Glad to follow you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. These look delicious! I don't think I've ever made my own crepes - must change that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. le crepes sono uno dei miei piatti preferiti, hanno un aspetto delizioso le tue Gloria, complimenti ! Buona settimana, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  36. Les crêpes farcies sont un plat toujours très apprécié.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  37. it's one of my fave combinations, Gloria Dear, spinach with cheese and I'd put some garlic in it too :) I love crepes only savoury not sweet,so this is perfect for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your crepes look very inviting Gloria, I like the combination of spinach and cheese, such a healthy choice.
    Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. These savoury crepes look so tempting! I love the spinach filling.

    ReplyDelete
  40. A bilingual blog! Hooray! And one where food is discussed and shared. A thousand gracias por el post, el look y el contenido. Love them. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  41. una bella ricetta molto appetitosa!

    ReplyDelete
  42. These remind me of mediterranean flavored enchiladas! How delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These look incredible! Whenever I'm in doubt, I put spinach in my cooking. You can never go wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  44. que rico!!!
    nunca habia visot la receta de los crepes!!! (que ignorante soy =S) asiq ue muuuchas gracias...asi los podré rellenar con lo que quiera...aunque tu receta me encanta =)
    espero estes bien...este fds vienen visitas del Sur asiq ue a pasarlo super!!!
    besitos!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Me encata vemir acá, siempre me sorprende o me tientas, ahora quiero hacer estos panqueques, jiji.
    Que tengas un lindo fin de semana largo.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  46. ¡Hola, Gloria!
    Ay, cuánto tiempo sin hablar por aquí. Que sepas que me acuerdo muchísimo de ti y de la familia, y que se te echa de menos donde Pepe. ¿Verdad que me disculpas por no venir hacía tiempo?
    Me encantan los crepes, dulces o salados, lo mismo da, y el queso es mi perdición, no hay día en que no lo coma.
    Muy bonita la historia de los panqueques de tu abuela Filomena, esas cosas son las que hacen tu blog diferente, que en pocas palabras sepas contarnos tu historia, y que tengas la generosidad de quererla compartir.
    Muchos besos y abrazos, amiga. ¡Cuídense toda la familia!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I've never tried a savory crepe before, but these sound amazing, Gloria! The flavors of the filling sound wonderful and quite healthful... Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Delicious crepes! Love the spinach and Parmesan!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous recipe and one of my favourite fillings too, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going
    to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    Also visit my web page: what is the average salary of a pharmacy technician

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted