11 October 2012

Apricots and ricotta dessert








I had other apricots jar still and I wanna make something as here is close  apricots season (about 2 months more)

I remind you that while in the northern hemisphere  when begin the Autumn we are in spring and before summer anyway I love Fall is my favorite season.(and love Fall recipes)

 OK  no more blah blah I made a apricots dessert I think is a mix of ice crema and like a semifredo but is really delicious.:)











Ingredients

1 jar of apricots
3 tablespoon of apricots jam
250 ml of whipped cream
250 grams  ricotta or cottage cheese
150 grams of sugar
1 teaspoon of ginger powder
mint leaves
50 grams little meringues (optative)


Method



Grind in blender apricots with some juice that comes in the jar should be a thick texture and some pieces of apricots and need not grind all.

To this mixture add the tablespoon of jam mix and set aside.


Ina  bowl whipp the heavy cream until is firm  and add the sugar,  and the ginger and ricotta.
(if you  want add the meringue now)

Line a loaf pan with two sheets of plastic  film one horizontal and the other vertical so that the sides fall.

Put the mold in layers of cream first and then one of apricots  another of cream and repeat   finishing with cream layer.

If you want you can marbling passing the handle of a spoon.
Fold the plastic film to cover the dessert.

 Freezer for about six hours.
Once removed from the freezer to remove the plastic wrap and carefully unmold onto a plate.

Garnish with some mint leaves and chocolate.
Then store in freezer again.
To more soft put a few seconds (about 30 seg)on the microwave




Print here


EN ESPAÑOL

Postre helado de damascos y ricotta








Tenía otro tarro de damascos y quería usarlo antes de que llegue la temporada de damascos y me acordé de este postre que realmente es delicioso y que había visto hace tiempo en un libro que tengo.
Adapté la receta porque la receta original era con damascos secos pero me tincó más con damascos en tarro.
Tambien lleva merengues pero yo no le puse en todo caso si quieren le agregan.

Ingredientes

1 tarro de damascos o albaricoques
3 cucharadas de mermelada de damascos
250 ml de crema para batir
250 gramos de ricotta o queso fresco
150 gramos de azúcar
1 cucharadita de jengibre en polvo
50 gramos de merengues pequeños (optativo)

Preparación

 Moler en una licuadora los damascos con un poco de jugo solo un poco no importa que queden trozos
Agregar la mermelada de damascos  mezclar y reservar.

En un bol batir la crema y agregar el azúcar   y cuando ya esté con picos suaves agregar la ricotta o queso fresco y el jengibre.
Si se quiere se agregan los merengues.

Forrar un molde alargado con film plástico (molde como de pan de molde) con una lámina en forma horizontal y otra vertical dejando caer un poco por los lados.
Entonces poner capas alternadas de crema primero luego de la mezcla de damascos y luego la crema repetir y termina con la crema.
Doblar las puntas del film plástico hacia dentro y llevar a congelador unas 6 horas para que amolde bien.
Cuando esté listo desmoldar en un plato y retirar el papel plástico.
adornar con hojas de menta y chocolate.
Si se quiere más suave (no tan congelado) pasar por el microondas unos segundos.
Despues guardar en el congelador nuevamente.

92 comments:

  1. Qué buena idea Gloria, me gusta este postre! Besos,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hola estoy buscando una recetas de helados artesanales ,ya que puse una heladeria y veo que no encuentro el sabor que estoy buscando

      Delete
  2. Que rico postre me tincó muchísimo!!
    Tanto tiempo Glorita, yo he estado muy retirada de los blogs, me la he pasado pintando y cocinando también pero como no ocupo recetas no las anoto y luego no puedo publicarlas, igual es "N" pega y hay que tener tiempo, cosa que me ha faltado sobre todo por las tareas de los niños y los que haceres de la casa.
    Como has estado tu? Los niños? Espero que sin novedades y todo bien.
    Te mando un abrazo!
    Cariños,
    Rosario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy dessert! Apricots season is coming, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria: You can "blah, blah" all you want as long as you keep these delicious desserts coming! I love anything with apricots.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, that looks sinfully delicious!!!
    I miss my apricot tree!!! Do you have one?
    Thank you for all of your sweet comments! You are so kind!
    Love,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kris we have three but not all the years are the same you know some yers is full of apricots and other not!
      You dont have yours now?

      Delete
  6. Delicious ingredient and great dessert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dessert with seasonal fruits is always the best! This dessert looks really delicious! Have a lovely weekend Gloria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely dessert and nothing quite beats a lovely apricot dish (especially combined with ricotta). Take a look at my blog: http://foodgloriousfoodx.blogspot.co.uk/ I've got some hearty dishes and recipes on on there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the other day I wa sin your Blog and loved! I will go soon again!
      thanks dear!)

      Delete
  9. Wow that sounds so good. Have a great weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all ricotta recipes, no metter if sweet or savoury.
    This looks yummy
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really simple and delicious Gloria!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gloria,

    I love apricots but then I love most fruit. This looks delicious. So glad you are safe from the EQ. I think you all get more EQ's then we get here. but then they say we have them everyday but that we are just so used to them that they have to be over 3.5 for us to even notice. I am thinking the same applies to you. We had one about a month ago.

    I think I need to buy an apricot tree so I could have some good ones to try this.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrsupole was really strong and I was scared because I was alone and the kids werent here!!Thnaks God later I can talk with them and I was quiet!
      Thanks for ask dear! Yes normally we have sometimes EQ but of course we sacred with someones:)

      I have trees apricots but some years are good and others not!
      But are delicious Im agree! xo

      Delete
  13. This looks so good, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure, sure, remind us how nice and pretty it is while I'm freezing right now. I see how you are, Gloria! =)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great dessert! i would like to eat all! biz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd leave the cheesy part to you and eat the apricot lines in the cake, Gloria Dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely idea for a semifredo, Gloria! Always been a fan of the tart/sweet apricot! Fun to add the ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Súper novedoso, por eso me encanta tu blog Gloria y tus postres son siempre los mas tentadores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pilar que buena eres a mi me encanta tu blog.Este postre se puede hacer con damascos secos se hierven enfrian y despues se muelen.
      La otra semana espero hacer el sandwich aun no se cual:))

      Delete
  19. I've never seen apricots in a jar, here! Always fresh or dried. But oh how lovely this looks. I am a sucker for ricotta you know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Claudia? here are but not a lot anyway. You can make with dried apricots too boil by a while and use like fresh I love ricotta too! X

      Delete
  20. I'm not a big apricot fan for some reason. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. How simple and pretty! I love this type of dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gloría, que rico se ve y tan bonito. Yo ya acá recuperándome de mi carrera que me quito todas mis energías. Escríbeme a ver si la otra semana nos juntamos, te tinca la tetería en providencia o donde quieras. Cariños

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Claudia, te llamo.la proxima semana siiii me tinca la teteria!
      Descansa para que te recuperesun abrazo!

      Delete
  23. que ricooooo!!! menos mal que estoy haciendo un dulcecitos, para sacarme un poco las ganas =) jeje...estoy terminando un postre tres leches para esperar a mi cuñado que llega en la tarde, para tomar una rica oncecita =)
    como siguen de salud?? aca esta bien helado...dicen que mas menos por el sabado hay otro temblorcillo, pero nada grave..por si aca para que no te asustes.
    Besitos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Emma dicen que mañana a lo mejor llueve oye ayer fue super fuerte el temblor.Te mande una foto de mi tejido de crochet :)

      Delete
  24. nice...i can envision the taste...and i bet they make for a great texture as well....love the layering too...makes it look nice...smiles..have a lovely weekend gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian hope you have a nice weekend:))

      Delete
  25. Gloria, You sure do a lot with apricots. They are one of my wife's favorite fruits. Thanks for the recipe! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear David I m sure. Your wife would like these. Take care:)

      Delete
  26. Fabulous dessert with apricot Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make such delicious dishes. How are you dear? I'm sending you a hug. Lura

      Delete
    2. Thanks dear Lura I send you huggs too:)

      Delete
  27. a very nice dessert and look so tempting too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all the apricot desserts you've been making lately! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i hope you have a great saturday gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Gloria, An absolutely beautiful dessert. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. this looks so good new to me love it

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks delicious. I am sure the apricots taste wonderful in this dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely dessert, Gloria - it makes me wish for summer again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Dear TW summer always back and you can use apricots in jar are really nice!

      Delete
  34. Esto es una maravilla, Gloria!!. Que apetecible, hija.

    besines

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gloria, this looks spectacular. Love the beautiful layers and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, I love this creamy cheese dessert... Ricotta is rather expensive in supermarkets, but I found a cheaper version at the baking supply store and am excited to experiment with more ricotta desserts like these.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a wonderful looking dessert! I can see how delicious it is from the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Un très beau dessert. La combinaison abricots/ricotta doit être délicieuse.
    Je t'en prends une tranche.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Nadji:) Oui Jea ime abriocts et ricotta!

      Delete
  39. Looks so delicious and easy to do....will try it ~ Thanks ~

    ReplyDelete
  40. This looks like a really tasty dessert...I love apricots too...I might have to give this a go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Vaya postre helado mas buenisimo nos haz preparado, no me importaria nada catar un poquito, tiene que estar de 10.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tere que lido que me hayan venido a ver gracias:)

      Delete
  42. Oh my goodie goodness Gloria. Your Apricot dessert looks so luscious and creamy. I can't wait until Apricot season rolls around again. Happy Spring to you!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  43. That is such a beautiful layered dessert. The apricots make it look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Yes I can see this would be delicious, apricots, ricotta, meringues and cream - what's not to like. It looks so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This looks wonderful! I will have to try it.
    Tonette
    http://tonettejoycefoodfriendsfamily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted