13 September 2012

Príncipes/ princes (chilean treats)










Chilean cuisine has his roots in the fusion  of native peoples and Spanish food that has been transmitted orally from old notebooks and by relatives who pass from generation to generation.

To this must be added as I have told you that some recipes from countries like Germany and others become our own food like kuchen and strudel .


 The first recipes from colonial times and remain to this day as part of our food culture emerging in the convents.
Especially because we have abundance of fruits like peaches, apricots quinces chirimoyas strawberries  lúcumas were making the Chilean pastry history  like   millefeuille cake  alfajoresdulce de leche  and in that category would these princes. the dough is similar to other recipes like alfajores filled with dulce de leche and  with meringue on top.

This is about treats because you know also we have empanadas seafood stews fishes and corn puddings.
Ifr you want see other chilean recipes (like empanadas) see here.
 With this recipe I join the celebration of Independence Day of our country will be next week and the group of Blogs de recetas chilenos where you can see other Chilean delicious recipes.

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ingredientes 
 
280 grams all purpose flour
8 yolks
1 egg
10 cc rum
 
Filling
2 cups of dulce de leche
 
Frosting
4 whites egg
1 cup granulate sugar
 Pinch of salt
 
Method 
 
 
Sift flour and place on the table  and  make a hole in the center  then place the egg yolks and mix well.
Aside beat egg and rum  and add forming an elastic dough that does not stick to your fingers.
If you stick to add a little more flour.
Let the mixture stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.

Preheat oven to 180 ° c.
Stretching a portion of the dough with a roll pin leaving approximately 2 mm thick.
If you want to cut the princes can be elongated in one mold  of cookies or other.
If you want to cut in round alfajores
.
Placing cash them in a lightly greased cookie sheet with butter.
Before  baked mark with a moist  fingertip  each mass to the center ( So stay slightly raised at the edges such as alfajores)
Click each dough with a fork about 3 or 4 times.
 Bake about  4 to 5 minutes should be  viewing because they are fast.
They should be slightly golden-
Let them cool before filling with dulce de leche.

For the meringue in a bowl place the four whites and mix with the bowl over a saucepan with water (a double boiler)
Beat well until stiff until dissolved sugar crystals.

When the meringue is firm covered sweets (princes)
 Cook by a while in the oven at low temperature (190 ° C)
for 20 minutes until dry  but still white.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
EN ESPAÑOL
 
Príncipes (dulces chilenos)











No me decidía que receta hacer porque ya he hecho empolvados alfajores lanchitas etc.
Y empanadas por supuesto.
Finalmente me decidí por los príncipes que nunca había hecho super ricos.
 

80 comments:

  1. Hmmm not sure on that treat, But I'm first and have Betsy beat! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuu! too much sugar for me =)...se ven deliciosos...he estado cuidandome mucho...ni me conozco! llevo el regimen al pie de la laetra..ojala siga asi...pk es increible como el cuerpo me pide azucar...quiero comer un dulce algo rico...es terrible! pero me siento mejor en mi conciencia =)
    me voy al sur este finde..quiero estar luego allá para regalonear =)y tu? donde estaras?? espero que lo pases bien!
    besitos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day, nice to learn of Chilean treats, which look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Che delizia! Complimenti per il tuo blog molto carino,grazie della tua visita, passa quando vuoi mi farà piacere! Da oggi ti seguo, ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Gloria! Those look FABULOUS!! I love meringue and caramel and cookies, together, well all I can say is wowsa wowsa! Love you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Davvero particolari questi dolcetti, non li avevo mai visti prima. Con la farcitura al dulce de leche devono essere super golosi. Un bacione, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this Gloria, it is great to learn more about Chilean Cuisine!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me. These look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awsome. I don't know the metric system, well, not that well at least. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bama you use oz??
      not. problem you can ask me:)

      Delete
  10. WHat a decadent delicious treat! I can't believe I've never heard of these before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne and yes I think decadent and yummy are a nice word for these:)

      Delete
  11. Yum! They remind me a little bit of e'claires.
    I would love one of those with my morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear Betsy I think you would like a lot!

      Delete
  12. Que ricoooooo, son de mis favoritos absolutos.... envidia total

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias Pilar los hice con mucho cariño para el blog de recetas chilenas!:)

      Delete
  13. Looks & sounds amazing! What a lovely treat! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulosos, nunca los había visto antes y se ven tan buenos!!!!

    Mil besos :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. The filling looks wonderful, Gloria! What a unique and delicious treat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tasted one before Gloria but I do like like dulce de leche ~ This must be very sweet ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace yes I love dulce de leche anyway the dough dont have sugar so you have the dulkce de leche and merengue!

      Delete
  17. Ohhh que ricos! me traen muchos recuerdos estos pastelitos.
    Muy feliz 18 amiga, que lo pases muy en familia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Moon tambien me encantan que los pases super bien:)

      Delete
  18. Such a delicious sweet, great choice for celebration! Happy Independence day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness...this sounds so good gloria....very sweet....smiles...i hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YoThanks You too dear Brian have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  20. I would love to have one of these treats, they look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bonne fête à tous les Chiliens.
    Un gâteau original et certainement savoureux.
    Je me sers avant de repartir.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful sweet treat, Gloria! I love dulce de leche.
    Happy Independence Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a delicious way to celebrate your Independence Day, Gloria! And that gooey filling make these especially tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. mi hai fatto venire l'acquolina passamene un paio buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  25. mamma mia che delizia!!un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Muy delicioso Yo quiero hacer lanchitas nunca he hecho
    Tu receta se ve muy buena
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  27. je te pique volontiers quelques uns!!
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  28. Replies
    1. thanks dear Brian the same to you and your family!

      Delete
  29. Hi Gloria,
    This looks wonderful! I am getting my sugar cravings , now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful treat. Love your recipes Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  31. che golosità Gloria, sono irresistibili!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I didn't know those. They look really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Una fantastica delizia!!! Complimenti, bravissima!!! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Gloria, What a beautiful treat with coffee. Blessings dearest. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gloria, these sound amazing! I love that dulce le leche filling - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those look great, and the dulce de leche puts them over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Really love this treat... when there is dulce de leche I'm always tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  38. ooooh, Gloria Dear, those look absolutely heavenly! Like little white clouds! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness, that looks so yummy. I love the napkins you served them on too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. These look sooo good! I love all things dulce de leche y merengue. These look like the perfect treat for mate! Que riquisimo Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  41. It was interesting to learn about this Chilean treat! I never heard of it or seen it before. It's wonderful that you share this recipe and most of us get to learn about it. Next time when we encounter this treat, we know exactly what it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Gloria I have came over from Elsie's blog and wow love the great recips never seen or tried and Chilean food but hell these recipes are awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  43. te las mandaste! No solo con los Principes, harta pega... y la decorada para las fotos no podía ser mas diceciochera.
    Ja, ja, te admiro batman!
    Feliz dieciocho!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Anabella creo que he hecho casi todos los dulces más típicos asi que ahora voy a echar una mirada a tu blog a ver que me falta !
      Ah me encantaron esas servilletas como de casa antigua de campo:)
      Un abrazo

      Delete
  44. Oh Gloria! Thank you so much for sharing a taste of your heritage with us. Your dessert sounds most intriguing. I sure wish I could have just a nibble.

    Thank you so much for sharing. I love learning about your celebrations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have never heard of these before, but how can they be bad with that gorgeous dulce de leche filling. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wowsers... I love the look of these...I've never heard of them before but I'd love to try baking them...or maybe visit Chile to taste them! ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Que deliciosos!! Me ha provocado hacerlos...

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yes please Gloria, I'd love to try one of your Chilean treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... שירותי ליווי בהרצליה

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted