18 May 2011

Lavender creme brulée















Other recipe I adapted  from Cafe Fernando  that I saw a time ago. I have a  lavender bush in my garden and I made some treats and desserts and I love cook with it, is nice and beauty.And I love of course creme  brulée, I have to say : I really love this dessert!
enjoy!

Photobucket



Ingredients (6 servings)




1 1/2 cups heavy cream


1/2 cup whole milk


2 tbsp lavender
(if you are afraid about lavender I have to say is not strong but you can reduce and use only
1 tablespoon of lavender flowers)


5 large egg yolks


1/2 cup sugar


2 tbsp pure vanilla extract


 1/2 cup  sugar for  caramel topping


Method


1.Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 170° c

2.Put six ramekins  or  baking dishes on a baking sheet.


3 In a pot heat cream, milk and lavender to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let infuse for 20 mins.


4.In a measuring cup  or medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar and vanilla together until well blended.


5.Still whisking, drizzle in one quarter of the hot liquid (you might want to rewarm the liquid after infusion) and temper the yolks. Pour in the rest of the liquid, mix and strain it into the baking dishes.

6.Bake the custards for 50 to 60  minutes ,   or until the custards  are set. Tap the sides of the dishes and the custards should hold firm.
Note: if you see are not set bake for 10 minutes more.

7.Let the custards cool until they reach room temperature. Cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Sprinkle each custard evenly with 1 tbsp sugar, then brown the sugar with a blowtorch until it bubbles and colors.

Note: If you love lavender recipes see here my Lavender and honey Ice cream.Or maybe you want try my Lavender Panacotta with raspberries




Im sending this too












EN ESPAÑOL



Crema brulée con lavanda


















Otra receta que adapté del Blog Café Fernando  que tiene recetas  deliciosas. La había visto hace un tiempo y como normalmente cocino con lavanda me atrajo la idea de hacer esta crema brulée con lavanda.(de hecho tengo helados con lavanda si lo quieren ver)
Queda deliciosa y de una textura muy suave. Si alguien quiere menos lavanda poner solo una cucharada de hojas de lavanda.Quedará igual de rico.De hecho  modifiqué la receta.



Si les gusta o quieren probar un Helado de miel y lavanda veanlo aquí.

Ingredientes (6 ramekins)

1 y 1/2  taza de crema espesa
1/2 taza de leche
2 cucharadas de flores de lavanda
1/2 taza de azúcar
5 yemas de huevo
2 cucharaditas extracto de vainilla
6 cucharadas para el caramelizado de los brulée (una por cada pocillo)

Preparación



Precalentar el horno a 170° (horno medio suave)
Preparar los bols de cerámica o ramekins en una fuente metálica para llevar a horno a baño maría.
En una olla calentar la crema, leche y la lavanda hasta que hierva.
Retirar del fuego y dejar reposar unos 20 minutos.
En un bol mediano batir las yemas de huevo, azúcar y vainilla hasta que esten bien mezclados.
Aún batiendo agregar un poco del liquido que se calentó con la lavanda,para temperar las yemas, despues agregar el resto del líquido y colar para sacar los pedazos de lavanda o trocitos de huevo que a veces quedan.
Divir la mezcla en los ramekins.que ya estan en la fuente para horno, la fuente debe estar hasta la mitad de agua, y llevar a cocinar a baño maría por unos 50 a 60 minutos, la mezcla debe quedar firme .
Si no están firmes cocinar unos 10 minutos más.
Dejarlos a temperatura ambiente. Despues cubrir con film plástico y dejarlos en el refrigerador por 1 hora al menos.

Despues espolvorear azúcar en los ramekins y dorar con un soplete o antorcha (si no tienen tambien se pueden poner al horno al grill) hasta que esten dorados y burbujeantes.

49 comments:

  1. Que delicioso!!....tambien he hecho el creme brulee de lavanda (pero con naranjas) y queda delicioso....me encanta cocinar con lavanda porque la casa queda tan aromatica!!.....se ve delicioso....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria verdaderamente delicioso, puedo sentir el aroma.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your lavender is beautiful Gloria! I just couldn't get mine to bloom like that. The dessert sounds wonderful! This is the second lavender recipe that I've seen in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a huge fan of lavander, in desserts. But i do love a good brulee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound wonderful. I love small quantities of lavender in my desserts. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria con lavanda, nunca se me hubiera ocurrido cocinar, me encanta aprender algo tan aromático. Que rica tu crème brulée, delicioso y aromático. Feliz día!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dessert must have smelt and tasted great with lavender. Maybe I can try it also with rose?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que lindo Glorita, siempre he querido hacer un creme brulé de lavanda, me parece super delicado.
    Finalmente tengo el soplete, tengo que animarme.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Iove creme brulé and creme caramel; never would have thought to add lavender to the mix; You are so talented Gloria; what photos!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pero que originales andan, acbo de ver la crema de cedron de Pamela y ahora la tuya con lavanda, me parece genial usar las aromaticas en los postres.
    besos
    Toñi y Tere

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic idea!! lavender and creme brulee.. Oh how that beautiful that would have tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracias Marcela, igual no le eché mucho pero queda muy bueno, abrazos, gloria

    Gracias Annie, besos gloria

    Lyndsey, really you see other?? what nice Lyndsey, I love it! gloria

    Thanks Happy cook, xxgloria

    Me too Mary I use small quantities and is really nice, blessings to you, gloria

    Gracias Odile y no es difícil de hacer, gloria

    Angie I think with roses will be amazing!! is a nice idea! gloria

    Kako, yo amo mi soplete me ha servido tanto!!
    abrazoz, gloria

    Thanks Rita I love creme brulée too! huggs Rita, gloria

    Gracias Tere, me encantaron las tartaletas de la Marcela, x gloria

    Thanks so much Daphne! xgloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nooooo! Te prometo que la creme brulee es mi postre preferido de todos los tiempos! Nunca la he probado con lavanda, pero me tinca buenísima. Oye, y tienes elquemador? Yo he pensado en comprarme uno, pero no me convence.... Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magdalena tengo el soplete es uno chiquito aprendí a manejarlo porque al principio todos arrancaban hay que regular la llama, pero aprendí, y me encanta! el mio lo compré en el homecenter, super bueno y no es caro.
    Un abrazo, gloria (me encnatatron tus brownies)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No me ánimo con la lavanda, siempre tengo susto de que las cosas queden con justo a jabón...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola.
    El ambiente tranquilo abraza tus obras excelentes.

    La oración por una gran paz de la mente ...

    Buen día.
    Estimado abrazo, procedentes del Japón.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola Gloria!
    La creme brulée por si misma me fascina y ahora me dejaste curiosa con tu receta :D
    Un abrazo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Esa creme brulée tiene que ser pura delicia!!.Nunca he utilizado lavanda, adoro su olor seguro que me encanta.Besos

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous idea Gloria. As you know I love lavender!!! I will book mark this for the next time I feel like cooking with some! Love and hugs to you my dear friend!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your lavenders are beautiful and your lavender creme brulee sounds wonderful. Great recipe, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Qué pinta tan deliciosa, nunca he cocinado con lavanda, el olor me encanta e imagino que su sabor será idéntico. Mi vecino tiene lavanda en su jardín, le pediré y probaré a cocinar con ella.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this Gloria linking to facebook and my last post hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gloria, isn't Lavender gorgeous? I have 2 Lavender bushes in my garden.

    These creme brulee's look delish!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fortunate you are to have your own lavender, Gloria! I've seen the fields in Great Britain and they're something to behold.
    I've used it several times in desserts, but never in a creme brulee. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never used lavender I am looking forward to trying this....
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a unique recipe! I have never heard of lavender crème brulée! This is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glorita! todavía no te he comentado que me alegró tanto que hicieras el postre de mamá y les haya gustado. Esta crema quemada de lavanda es una exquisitez, me encantó, besitos amiga

    ReplyDelete
  28. Heard of lavender dessert but never got a chance to make one... Now it's time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ja, Oilar las flores de lavanda no tienen nada que ver con el jabón o la colonia, es algo suave, si quieres le pones solo un poco, es tan linda la lavanda, besoso

    Thanks Ruma , thanks for stopping by, huggs, gloria

    Queda bien rica Moon la cosa es ponerle poco de hecho yo reduje la cantidad, es un gusto tan suave y delicioso. besos

    Gracias Rosana, besos gloria

    Thnaks so much Marie, I love lavender too and this tasty so nice, send you huggs and kisses, my friend, take care, gloria

    Thanks kitchen flowers, x gloria

    Pidele Gilda y como primera vez solo ponle un poco despues le agreas más, según tu gusto, besos

    Thanks si much Rebecca, xgloria

    In creme brulée is nice Barbara, I think you would love, x gloria

    Thanks fifhyfacedesigns, xx gloria

    Thanks a lot Brittany, x gloria

    Thanks a lot Nysa, x gloria

    Te avisaré cuando lo publique Pamela, es muy bueno, x gloria

    Thanks so much Food glorious food, gloria

    Nice you have lavender María I love too! xgloria

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lo que mas me gusta es el uso de la lavanda.... Habrá que probarlo

    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous! lavender has such a wonderful flavor. I bet those crème brûlées tastes heavenly.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  32. j'adore les beaux desserts la crème brulée de lavande est un délice bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pure heaven in a bowl!

    Thanks for sharing your words of comfort my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Receta deliciosa!
    Love creme brulee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've never had lavender creme brulee, sounds pretty epic. Looks decadent. Great recipe I'll definitely have to try it sometime, thanks so much for sharing, I am now following =]

    ReplyDelete
  36. Intriguing flavor combination! Lavender is such a great way to add oomph to dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gracias Cova, gracias por venir, x gloria
    Thanks a lot Rosa, regards, gloria
    merci beaucoup Fimere, bisess, gloria
    Thanks a lot Cynthia, you are welcome my dear, hope you are better, have a nice weekend, gloria
    Thanks Manu, gloria
    Thanks Free Spirit, gloria
    Thanks Joanne, xx gloria

    ReplyDelete
  38. These look so good and you've presented them beautifully. I like lavender, but a hint of it is best. Haven't had creme brulee for years - don't know why because I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, this looks fabulous, Gloria! Your lavender crop is gorgeous, too :) I've made regular vanilla infused creme brulee over and over, but I think I need to try a new flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  40. i got my first taste of lavender not too long ago, and i've been hooked ever since. this is a tasty use for a lovely flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Una receta original y una presentación que no desmerece. Imagino el aroma de esta creme brulée...
    Una gran idea!!
    Un abrazo y que tengas un buen fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, it sounds so aromatic with lavender, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Creme Brulee is one of my very favorite desserts. I love the idea of adding lavender - what a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks by your lovely and nice comments! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh How I adore Lavender, Gloria. I check my plant everyday just to make sure "she's" okay.

    I'm so saving this recipe and will be sure to check out the other.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks Louise what nice are you, have a lovely week end, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  47. This sounds absolutely heavenly, Gloria! Creme Brulée is one of my all-time favorite desserts and I can just imagine how perfect it is laced with the fragrance of lavender. Aaahhhh, I'd love to try this =)

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a tempting and aromatic dessert! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted