9 November 2018

Dates and pistacchios mini loaves (mini cakes de pistachos y datiles)








This is a really easy and good  recipe, the bad thing is that they are  eaten  very fast.
But I loved them. Small cakes with dates and pistachios and with espresso  syrup. For a cup of tea or coffee.
For any time.
We are already in November. As it happened this year.
Soon we have to start with the Christmas recipes, but I love it.
I love Christmas.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
A hug for everyone


Adapted from : Food to love 









Ingredients (5 mini loafs)


200 grams pitted dates
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup boiling water
120 grams butter softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup pistacchios finely chopped,
plus extra to garnish
1/2 cup liquid honey
1 shot coffe or 1 teaspoon  coffe mixed with 2 tablespoons boiling water

Method

Place the dates in a glass or stainless steel bowl and sprinkle over the baking soda, the water and mix them.

Set aside for 1 hour or until ate soft and tender.

Preheat ovento 170°c 
Place the warm dates (incluiding liquid )  in a food processor.
Add butter and sugar and blend well.
Add eggs and mix again.
Add flour, baking powder, and ginger and pulse until mixture just comes together.
Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in the chopped pístacchios .
Spoon into lightly greased mini loaf tins or moulds and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer is removed cleanly.
Set aside to cool
For expresso syrup, combine honey  and coffe and stir well.
When loaves have cooled but are still warm drizzle with espresso syrup, sprinkle with extra chopped pistachios and serve.

Print recipe 














Mini cakes con  datiles y pistachios


















78 comments:

  1. Irresistible with pistachios! I would love a huge slice for my tea :-) Have a great weekend, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, I love with a cup of tea too. Have a nice weekend Angie!

      Delete
  2. mi ispira tantissimo questa ricetta *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, Love these little mini-loaves. I would have never thought of combining date flavored cake topped with with pistachios combined with espresso syrup! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David, dates and pistacchios are really good !! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pistachios and pomegranates are probably my favorite ingredients that you use in your recipes, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know David ! I love pistacchios and love the colour for recipes !

      Delete
  6. Oh, yum! I know I'd have trouble not eating a whole loaf myself! They look delicious (my mom loved dates, too, so these remind me of her :)). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy ! What curious my mom loved too dates so always I bought dates for her :)

      Delete
  7. Amo anch'io il Natale e questi dolci sono ideali per una colazione natalizia ^_^
    Brava, sono deliziosi.
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molto particolari i tuoi dolcetti....come mi piacerebbe provare!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Non ho mai provato questo abbinamento. Esotico e goloso

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eaten very fast means you just have to make a whole bunch haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. yumm.... I love cakes with dates in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must be great..sweetness of dates and cruch of pistachios!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chi sa che buoni questi dolcetti, gnam,gnam....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not remember ever having this combination before- but dates and pistachios together sound very good. These loaves look so tasty. I can imagine they are eaten quickly. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. veramente deliziose queste tortine :P <3 baci

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look very nice Gloria.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. These little loaves look wonderful, Gloria! I love dates and pistachios...what a great combination! How did we get to November so quickly? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan ! Im really scared how the monts go !! Soon Christmas !! xo

      Delete
  18. This looks so good! Almost like a sticky toffee pudding, but with pistachios! Fantastic recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi, yes is like you say tasted like a toffe pudding! xo

      Delete
  19. I love the mix of dates and pistachios, and the green nuts are so pretty on top!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes Lisa I really love pistacchios ( and dates) are delicious and really pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  21. So delicious, Gloria! Perfect for Christmas and for every day breakfast! :)
    a big hug,
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. perfect for any moment of the day, delicious ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ciao Gloria, che golosi questi dolcetti

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Christmas too, Gloria and it's not far away! And I really love dates and pistachios also, so I know these loaves have to be delicious. Thanks for the recipe. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mini loafs are great for passing out at the holidays. These look scrumptious, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can see how these would be eaten very fast. That's what would happen at my house too. Looks delicious. Hope you're doing okay, Gloria. Lots of love headed your way!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie, Really true, hahah! Nice to see you here, send you hugs and love!

      Delete
  28. Ottime con i pistacchi, che golosata!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These sound quite delicious, will certainly give them a try. Take care and have a good day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  30. This has so many of my favorite things Gloria! I'm sure it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes is really good with pistaccios and dates !

      Delete
  31. This loaf looks so sweet and satisfying, dear Gloria. Perfect for when you need a little something to keep you going. How are you, my friend? Sending a big hug.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia, oh to this time of year Im tired but you know always happens in these moths send you hugs and love!

      Delete
  32. Un cake aux saveurs multiples et qui me plait beaucoup.
    Je note la recette.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted