6 August 2018

Zucchini and tomato quiche (quiche the zapallito italiano y tomate)







 Always I think   zucchinis are absolutely impressive, you can use them salty or sweet, for quiches, for stews, for soups (are more creamy)  and fortunately I have access almost all year round,  being summer the best time of course.
And if you are in summer the tomatoes are wonderful in this time.
This simple tart  of zucchinis and tomatoes is delicious and really easy.
I love this recipe but I add always some chopped basil is delicious.

Hugs and love for all


Adapted from : Quiches, tarts and salads (Editorial Planeta)






House in my porch 






Daphne






Ingredients


dough
150 grams all purpose flour
150 grams whole flour
130 ml cold water
1/2 teaspoon salt
50 ml olive oil

Filling

250 grams shredded  mozarella
3 medium tomatoes
2 zucchinis
1 tablespoon fresh  basil chopped
oregano salt and pepper

1 cup of heavy cream (or plain greek yogurt)
3 eggs


Method


For dough
combine  all purpose flour, wholemeal flour, oil, salt and cold water. Form a dough kneading a little and let stand for about 20 minutes.

Stretch  the dough and cover over  a  tart  mold (24 cm) .Prick the crust with a fork several times and bake about 10 minutes.   180 ° c. (370°F)

For the filling, mix the cream with the beaten eggs , and add the cheese,  salt and pepper and empty this mix over the precooked tart dough.

Cut the zucchinis and tomatoes into thinly slices.
Once you have sliced the zucchini and tomatoes it's simply a matter of alternating the layers in circles. Sprinkle oregano and chopped basil over them.
Bake until the crust is golden and the juices are bubbling (180 ° c)  (370 °F) for 35 minutes . Remove the pan and let the tart cool for 10 minutes.
Serve with some basil leaves or oregano.













en español

quiche de zucchini y tomates














59 comments:

  1. What a lovely meal! I haven't baked or had a quiche in a long time and this has me crave some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie, I love quiches are amazing and so fast to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your header even more than your latest recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO you dont like my last recipe ?? uh ? ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it! I just really like the header photo!

      Delete
    2. oh Thanks ! I love this picture too!

      Delete
  5. The quiche is lovely and delicious looking! I really like the combination. Daphne is beautiful and that little house is perfect!!

    Best,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie, you know many times I was searching Daphne but where I live is difficult. Finally some times ago I bought one in the South and Im so happy because now is beautiful. My grand mom had Daphne!!

      Delete
  6. wow, deliziosa! Mi piace tantissimo :)
    Un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gloria ... I need to lower my cholesterol. I can substitute Eggbeaters (in a carton) for the eggs, but what about the heavy cream? What can I use that's cholesterol-free? I'd love to make this quiche! (I also have Daphne in my yard -- of course it blooms in winter. So fragrant!
    Nickie -- https://intrepid-decrepit-travelers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nickie, thanks by stopping by, for the quiche you could use eggbeaters for the eggs and greek yogurt (is so good) instead of the heavy cream.

      Delete
    2. You are welcome Nickie. I remember in some quiches I used greek yogurt!

      Delete
  8. Yummy, what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a magnificent tart! Perfect for summer and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!
    The filling is heavenly …

    What a super recipe suggestion.

    All the best Jan

    PS I enjoyed your other photographs too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan!! I was in love with this little house !!

      Delete
  11. Quiche is one of my favourites...and this one looks so delicious!
    I love your photos too... especially the one of the little house...so cute!!

    Lots of love and hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine I love the little house too !

      Delete
  12. Beauty of a quiche..and what a cute book shop:)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quiche, Gloria! It looks delicious! Cute little house for your porch too! And I really like those plates! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam. Im happy you comeback you were missed !! xo

      Delete
  14. So beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gloria, I'm not much of a quiche guy but I do love eggs, tomatoes (especially heirlooms), zucchini and cheese! I can't miss with this one and my wife would be happy too... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure a lot one can do with zucchinis indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes not all people love zucchini but are wonderful in many ways!

      Delete
  17. Dear Gloria, A beautiful light dinner for this very warm weather!! It looks delicious! xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love quiche and your quiche looks so delicious!
    Cute little house in your porch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Troppo carina la cassetta della posta e golosissima la tua quiche ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks amazing. I love quiche, basil, and tomatoes. I also really like zucchini. So- this sounds like something I will LOVE! Beautiful pictures too. YUM!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jess really this quiche is simple and wonderful and is lovely in his time you have tomatoes and zucchini and basil !

      Delete
  21. Oh Gloria, what a beautiful quiche, I love how you placed the tomatoes and the zucchinis...so elegant. I can only imagine how delicious it must be. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Hope you are having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Una gustosa torta salata estiva, brava!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous and delicious looking treat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to make this with my garden tomatoes and zucchini! It looks so good :) I love your little house on your porch ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much dear Susan, I hope you make this and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a beautiful and tasty quiche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca really is easy and delicious ! hugs!

      Delete
  27. I love a good quiche Gloria--and you never can have too many recipes that use zucchini ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes I love zucchini also I love in soups with red lentils or other is really good in all!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted