29 August 2018

Pear-rosemary Bundt Cake (Bundt cake de peras y romero)






Im really impress as time goes by and especially for me this year. (After my mom passed, sometimes I think the time stop but not)

Here we are at the end of winter and spring begins. And for many of you Fall, I love Autumn is my favorite time.

I can not stand the heat and the summers are very hot here. The good thing is the fruit and being able to swim, everything has something good.

Getting to the point about a week ago I made this recipe, we have had many pears and  are delicious so this recipe is good when you have ripe pears or not.
I love  bundt cakes always look good and they are eaten  very fast here.
I love it with a cup of tea or coffee.
It is adapted from one of my favorite cooking magazines: 
Bake from Scratch.

A hug for all and thanks by coming !





Pear-rosemary bundt cake


Ingredients

about 6 to 7  medium  ripe pears 
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 tablespoon  fresh lemon juice
170 grams plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary sprigs
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter softened 
1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
80 grams greek yogurt 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups (375 grams) all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
browned butter pear glaze (recipe follow)

Method

Preheat oven 190°c (375°F) 
Grease and flour a 10 inch (25 cm diameter) Bundt pan.
Set aside.
Peel, core and chop pears into pieces.
Place on a pan. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 tablespoon of honey and rosemary, tossing  ingredientes to coat.
Roast until lightly caramelized and fragant, about 20 minutes, let cool completely
Reserve 1 cup of chopped pears, Transfer remaining pears to the container of a blender and puree until smooth.
Reduce oven temperature to 180° (350°F).
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter, brown sugar and oilat medium high speed until  fluffy.
Add eggs one at time,beating well after each addition.
Beatin 1 cup pear puree, yogurt, vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup honey.
In a large bowl whisk together flour,baking soda,cinnamon and salt.Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture beating just until combined. Fold in reserved chopp pears .
Pour batter into prepared pan .
Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes clean, bake about 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Spoon browned butter pear glaze over the cake letting glaze run down the sides of cake.
Let glaze set before slicing.

Brown butter pear glaze

1/4 unsalted butter 
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons pear puree
reserved from Bundt cake
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.Cook until butter turns a medium brown color and has a nutty aroma, about 10 minutes . Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl combine confectioners sugar, pear puree, honey and salt. Add brown butter to sugar mixture, whisking until combined. 




print recipe here






















En español


Bundt cake

















75 comments:

  1. Sounds -- and looks -- really good. I like the header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, I love the header too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the flavor of this cake is sensational. I rather wish I had a slice of it right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes is really tasty and smell delicious ! Thanks !

      Delete
  4. Spring is my favorite because that's when the flowers bloom and everything is so colorful. I do love the warm tones of fall though.

    The bunt looks incredible. Paired with a warm mug of tea sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Che meraviglia 😍😍 buonissimo 😋😋

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of using rosemary in sweet bundt cake and it turned out beautiful, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cake sounds divine! I love the combo of rosemary and pears. Saving because I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Che torta particolare, mi piacere molto assaggiarla!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect Bundt cake, Gloria! And I love the combination of flavors---so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. E sì qua tra un mese sarà autunno e le pere stanno per arrivare. Mi piace molto il tuo ciambellone e lo trovo anche interessante :)
    Bravissima.
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cake looks so good and moist! I don’t enjoy anything baked good that is dry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Un gâteau bien beau et certainement très bon.
    Il me plaît.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  13. … my two favourite seasons are the Spring and Autumn!

    This cake looks delicious, perfect with a cup of tea!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love both too but spring is really short here ! and then summer with hot time! Hugs!

      Delete
  14. Hopefully it will help beat the heat. You can have our heat too, but take the snow as well. Leave us just fall lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love fall too. Such a beautiful time of year. We've been having a heat wave here for the past two weeks. But I guess that is what happens sometimes in summer. Your pear cake looks SO delicious. Yum! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jess I love fall to and the weather is like magic and the sun is perfect.

      Delete
  16. Yum! It looks and sounds delicious Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gloria, You are much more imaginative than we are! Love Bundt cakes but never thought about one made with pears and rosemary. Yum! My better half and I just returned from a 3 day road trip (4,000 miles) to the NE USA. Back now and catching up... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David ! Is amazing all you travel David ! Nice you had a good time ! hugs!

      Delete
  18. Bella e golosa la tua ciambella, brava!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect bundt cake,I would love to try this☺

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Gloria, what an amazing cake, and the combination of pear and rosemary just sound so delicious and so autumn...
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love bundt cakes as well, especially with fruit, and this one looks like a real treat. I like everything with pears. I've missed you Gloria, I'm glad to be back.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amalia.I love pears too!I missed you Amalia nice you come back :)

      Delete
  22. What an interesting combination Gloria, I love this recipe! Bacioni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delizioso!!!! Mi piace molto!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful combination Gloria! And I got a nice pear harvest from one of our trees this year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger, here coming summer soon but Im not sure if I will have pears, this was a really cold and dry year. Almost we dont have rain :(

      Delete
  25. Wow...how delicious this sounds...I will get baking shortly!!
    Thank you so much, dearest Gloria...your recipes have truly inspired my taste buds!! :))

    Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ygraine and thanks by yours kind words, hugs!

      Delete
  26. Dear Gloria, Time does pass so very quickly. My mom is passed 32 years this weekend and I think of her each and every day. I will keep you in my prayers. This looks wonderful with a good cup of coffee. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine yes I miss so much my mom, always I talked with her. hugs!

      Delete
  27. It looks so good.
    And I'm sure it tastes great too.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a delightful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pear-rosemary? I have to taste this wonderful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely cake and looks delicious! I would love a slice with a mug of hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's so hard to believe that our summer is almost over :( I do enjoy fall, just not what comes afterward in the long months of our cold winters. Pears are the one thing I do welcome :) What a delightful cake and I will be saving the recipe. Thank you, Gloria! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. In fall I really enjoy apples, pears and oranges, is amazing all you can do!
    But I know winter is hard sometimes, my favorites are fall and spring , but all seasons have a lovely thing!

    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks delicious, Gloria! I love that sort of cake and the glaze for it too. Perfect! I agree with Susan, about fall, it means a long cold winter is ahead here in Chicago area. Summer for me, and grilling season, swimming and all. Thanks for the recipe. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks Pam, yes I know in some sites the winter is much hard. I love autumn but I know we need all seasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. i can't remember ever using rosemary in a baked good, but i should--our plant is HUGE! delicious cake, gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, was my first time I used rosemary in a cake and was good :)

      Delete
  36. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted