14 July 2018

Raspberry Sachetorte ( Sachetorte con frambuesas)







About a month ago  was the twins' birthday  and I made this Sache torte with raspberries.
I love the traditional Sachetorte with apricots jam but this was awesome)
The twins (Gerardo y Esperanza)  love chocolate. It was their birthday so it had to be what they wanted.

I made this Sache Torte from that little book that I have in my kindle library: The European Cake cookbook.
I have to say: all the cakes I have made of this book are wonderful.  (You can find in Amazon)

This cake  can be made with fresh or frozen raspberries, everything depends on the season of the year.


Adapted from : The European Cake cookbook

Hugs to all and thanks by stopping by !












Ingredients 

For cake
200 grams semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter (113 g) softened
1/2 cup (63 g) confectioners' sugar
6 eggs separated
1 cup (125 g) all purpose flour
1/4 tesp salt
1/2 cup sugar

Filling

3/4 cup raspberry preserves
2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur

For ganache
1/2 cup (120 ml)  heavy cream
1 cup (175 g) semi sweet chocolate chips

For garnish

1/2 cup (90 g) white chocolate melted
fresh or frozen raspberries



Method

Preheat the oven to 170°C (335 °F) a nd line a 23 cm (9 inch) springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler.
Meanwhile cream together the butter and confectioner's sugar
Add the yolks one at a time and mix well after each addition. Pour in the melted chocolate and sift flour and salt, then mix all the ingredients together throughly.

In a separate bowl whisk together the egg whites and sugar until stiff and glossy peaks form. Transfer 1/3 of the meringue into the chocolate batter, folding gently but throughly. Then add the remaining meringue, folding and mixing to a uniform batter.
Transfer the batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is set. Remove the cake from the oven and cool it in the pan first, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once the cake has cooled use a long serrated knife to level off the top and split the cake in half.

Prepare the raspberry filling : combine the raspberry preseve and liqueur. Spread the preserves over the first cake layer then top with the second layer.

Prepare the chocolate ganache: heat the heavy cream until steaming hot, the pour over the chocolate chips arranged in a mixing bowl. Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes then stir until the ganache is smooth. Arrange the cake over a wire rack and pour the ganache over the top and sides.

Garnish with melted white chocolate and fresh or frozen  raspberries.



Adapted from: The European Cake cookbook


Print recipe












81 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!! I'm sure they have loved this cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and berries are the best friends! The cake looks amazing, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow cake looks very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow meravigliosa e golosa 😍😍❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning cake!!! It sounds delicious, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Berries are a win. So are little books from kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Yes I have a Kindle Library and I have some books of you :)

      Delete
  7. It's gorgeous:) Happy belated bday to your twins Gloria:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. belated happy birthday to the twins,, this looks divine! Yum! I visit quite often but haven't commented,, I really enjoy following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sai che mi piace l'idea dei lamponi? io adoro i lamponi e trovo che siano favolosi con il cioccolato. Mi ispira anche di più della versione alle albicocche che io trovo forse un po' dolce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im agree Elena.I love albicocche but this recipe with lamponi was delicious ! Un abbraccio

      Delete
  10. For some reason, sachertorte has always appealed to me. I guess just the simply, yet chocolately goodness of it. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, yum, yum!!! And happy birthday to the twins! How old? The triplets are 24. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, Yes I remember the twins are 24 now OMYGOD!
      Sometimes still I feel they are more little (still theylove Pokemon, play in the computer and cel, and see again and again Juzaric Park !

      Delete
  12. Cakes with strawberries ate my favourite ones,yum☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ma è fantastica con i lamponi!!!! Bravissima :)
    Un bacio e buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW...this looks SO impressive!!
    I have seen recipes for sachertorte before, but none as stunning as yours.
    I will be going out this afternoon and buying the ingredients...😊😊
    Thank you so much for sharing this!

    Much love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Golosissima alternativa, che golosità questa torta!

    ReplyDelete
  16. La tua variante coi lamponi mi piace tantissimo!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear, Gloria, I can gain weight just reading your blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Gloria, we had this cake when in Austria a couple of month ago...and yes, I would love to try to bake it at home...yours looks fabulous, moist and so so pretty...thank you for the recipe!
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana and Im glad you like, have a nice week too!

      Delete
  19. My, my, Gloria! It looks very delicious! I love the raspberry/chocolate combo and will be checking out the cookbook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha un aspetto davvero golosissimo :-) complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Magnifique, and so delicious ! I love !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  22. una vera delizia !Un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, how delicious! chocolate and raspberries go together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Gloria, I love Sachertorte but I have never tasted a raspberry version, it does sound amazing and looks very, very pretty! Happy belated birthday to your twins!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea this version was really new for me to! xo

      Delete
  25. Gloria, That is a beautiful torte! There is nothing much tastier than chocolate and raspberries... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much David, how are you doing ? hugs !

      Delete
  26. Sometimes it’s good to be full when I stop by here ‘cause there ain’t nothing in my fridge that looks that good!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks by coming Sage, nice to see you.
      I remember the guy in rivers and who love dogs :) :)
      Hugs !

      Delete
  27. This looks so delicious.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Gloria, I love chocolate!!! I wish the twins a very happy and blessed birthday! The cake I am sure was a huge hit. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am sure the twins loved this torte. It looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love sacher torte! Did you know I have twins also? I always had to make two cakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbe oh ! I dontr had idea you have twins too! Two cakes ! fortunately they talk and agree what cake they want. xo

      Delete
  31. I am so far behind catching up with my blogging friends! This looks absolutely delicious, Gloria. I've not made sacher torte myself but with that delicious chocolate glaze and fresh summer fruit I need to try :) I'm sure your twin were delighted ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan where are you, I missed yours post, hope you have a nice tiume and thanks by coming!

      Delete
  32. I love this cake! it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It sounds divine! Very pretty presentation too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I adore raspberries. I just had a bowl of fresh wild raspberries for lunch yesterday. This recipe sounds great! Beautiful pictures. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  35. Raspberries and chocolate are two of my favorite things Gloria! Beautiful dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted