11 April 2018

Strawberries and basil Tiramisu with ricotta and cream cheese (Tiramisu de frutillas con queso crema y ricotta)











A long, long time ago I wanted to make this Tiramisu, so different but absolutelywonderful. :  Strawberries and basil Tiramisu!
Taking advantage of that I still have a lot of basil (fortunately) I finally did it last weekend. 
The strawberries there are still  here, they are seen until the winter and in the northern hemisphere they are at their peak. The best time.
It's really good. I hope you enjoy it!




Source :
Gloria Frugone recipe 
(Revista Ya Febrero 2011)









Ingredients 

300 grams mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
room temperature
250 grams ricotta cheese
3/4 cup icing sugar600 grams strawberries  in slices 
or quartered
30 ladyfingers cookies
200 cc sweet wine or rum
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
basil and some strawberries for serve



Method

Mix in a bowl the cream cheese with ricotta and sugar until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
Add the vanilla extract and set aside.
In a jar mix 1/2 cup of water, rum and vanilla
Place ladyfingers in a small bowl and drizzle with this rum juice, tossing to coat.

To assemble 

In a plate place the ladyfingers and spread some cream cheese with ricotta. 
Add the half the strawberries chopped or in slices and sprinkle some chopped basil (a little) follow with other layer of ladyfingers and spread  the creamy mixture and  other layer of strawberries in slices.
Finally spread over all the remaining  creamy mixture and add some strawberries and basil leaves.
Cover with cling film and put in the fridge to chill for two hours.

Note: 
I use and oval pyrex but sometimes I make in a rectangular pyrex too.























en español

Tiramisu de frutillas y albahaca con ricotta y queso crema














79 comments:

  1. #1 what fun.

    Oval works indeed. Basil is always a win as that is good for you. And strawberries too, look at you go in view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat ! Nice you are a win today!
    Yes I love basil and strawberries! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a berry tiramisu! And with basil makes it even more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria, This dessert looks great! Its almost strawberry season here and some early ones from our southern states are showing up in the stores. Roadside stands will be next! We recently bought some ricotta cheese to make Italian Easter pies...and now i know what we can do with that extra ricotta. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a flavorful combination! Very pretty presentation too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dessert! Beautiful presentation too, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow buonissimo!! adoro il tiramisu :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing Gloria! I adore tiramisù and this version must be so delicious!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT idea Gloria..and so pretty!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gloria....
    Hope you and your family are well...
    Those strawberries look so juicy and plump....can’t wait for ones like that up here!
    Sending hugs from me and Miss V....she is growing way too fast!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, sometimes I lve difficult times but always I try to visit you Linda!

      Delete
  11. I could make a meal out of the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Il tiramisu è il mio dolce preferito e la tua sfiziosa versione mi piace molto!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  13. Questa versione di tiramisù mi piace tantissimo. Basilico e fragole è da provare. Bravissima :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bella anche questa versione del tiramisù!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gloria what a nice blog you have. This dessert looks delicious.Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my...this looks absolutely sensational!
    Oh wow...I can't wait to try this...:))

    Have a Wonderful Weekend, dearest Gloria...

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine, hugs and love for you ! xoxo

      Delete
  17. What a great combination. I love tiramisu and I am sure I would love this version too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My oh my ... that looks delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks unusual and interesting and very yummy, dear Gloria.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my daugther said the same but was really delicious!

      Delete
  20. Looks delicious ! And I love your plates !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  21. très beau dessert
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an interesting combination. I have never had anything quite like it. Sounds delicious. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delizioso il tuo tiramisù cara amica <3
    A presto baci

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Che bontà il tuo tiramisù! Buona domenica

    ReplyDelete
  25. Precioso te ha quedado Gloria.
    Un saludito

    ReplyDelete
  26. molto primaverile il tuo tiramisù, è bellissimo Gloria ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  27. Grazie cara Un abbraccio anche a te!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sai che non ho mai provato il basilico in un dolce? mi hai proprio incuriosito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this mix, basil and strawberries, fresh and delicious !Thanks Elena!

      Delete
  29. This sounds delicious! I can't get enough of strawberries right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love strawberries too, but youare begining, here we find only a few because will begin autumn!

      Delete
  30. I am making the most of strawberries too! This looks divine Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Trooooooooooooooooopppo invitante e goloso!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a delicious combination, Gloria! I love tiramisu and this version sounds delightful :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is an interesting and delicious twist on tiramisu! i love incorporating herbs into desserts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooo Gloria, you are making me excited about all the beautiful fruit we will have soon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted