8 September 2017

Classic apple pie (Pie de manzanas clásico)





If among my favorite recipes have been pies, I love them, especially with fruits, but one of my favorites is apples's pie.

If you know me  by a while  you can see that I have made several apple's pies, but always one finds something new, the filling, the fruit or the texture.


This apple pie is a classic, from the scrumptions filling to the Double Crust Pastry.
It's homemade goodness at its very best.

                                                     
                                                                                                                             
Adapted from : Best of British Cookbook 




Thanks to Sam  a friend of mine that sent me this book times  ago. I love this book Sam !
















Ingredients

3 or 4 apples (brambley or fuji or other)
1 teaspoon of cornflour (cornstarch)
3 tablespoons caster sugar

Pastry

200 grams (1 cup butter)
cubed and chilled
400 grams  (2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sugar



Method


To make the pastry rub the butter into the flour the add just enough cold water to form a pliable dough.
 Roll out half of the pastry on a floured surface and use it to line a pie dish.

Toss the apples with the cinnamon, cornflour and sugar, then pack the mixture in the pastry case.

Roll out the rest of the pastry and lay it over the top.
 Trim away any excess and crimp to seal. Make a hole in the centre for the steam to escape.

Brush the top of the pie with milk and sprikle with sugar, then bake for 40 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through underneath and golden brown on top.



print recipe here




en español

pie de manzanas





















59 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, yes is a simple and delicious recipe :)

      Delete
  2. Apple pies are one of my favorites (next to cherry). This one looks so delicious! Your plates are really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im agreed ! I think my favorites are apple pie and cherry pie !!
      Love these plates are really old and I bought in a sale !!
      hugs

      Delete
  3. Gloria, that's one amazing apple pie with just a few of simple ingredients. Good job, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. semplicemente golosa O_O buon week end!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adoro questo dolce, molto invitante!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple pies sure are a win at many a bay. We'll eat the apples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, A nice fresh apple pie with ice cream is hard to beat! We like them like this recipe shows or with a crumble topping. Yum! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I gain weight just reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a homemade apple pie, too! I wish I could have a slice of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love apple pie. This looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apple pie is a family favorite, and this looks scrumptious! I'm always looking for a new pastry recipe to try, so I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really I love this apple pie pastry is from an english book! really delicious.
      thanks so much

      Delete
  12. Nothing quite beats homemade apple pie and this one looks delicious, Gloria! And I bet that crust is great because of the sugar, a must try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pam tell me what you think !
      I know you make amazing pies too :) :)

      Delete
  13. Love apple pie and this really does look good. Just brought in apples from our tree so guess what I will make. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buonissima!!!! Mi piace tanto la torta di mele :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pie! We are just starting the apple harvest here--hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anche io adoro le torte di mele, sono il mio comfort food per eccellenza.

    ReplyDelete
  17. è la merenda perfetta con una tazza di tè ! Buona settimana Gloria, un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM! It looks delicious and I love your pie pan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My grandmother used to make the best apple pies and this looks and sounds like a wonderful one, thanks for sharing Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure she baked amazing like you Cheri! I love apple pie!!

      Delete
  20. The melted ice cream really makes it look that much more delicious! Yummy!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Gloria, Looks delicious!! One of my very favorite desserts. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Apple is my favorite pie too and it's apple picking season here :) Lovely pie, Gloria! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Le torte di mele non mi stancano mai, troppo buone in tutte le loro mille varianti ..... e la tua è meravigliosa!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so good.
    Looks so tasty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Apple pie is my favourite! I wish I could have a slice, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've got finished a stunning job with you website.
    homekitchenproducts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted