21 June 2016

Eton Mess with Raspberries and Pomegranate ( Postre de Frambesas y semillas de granada)











This is the typical dessert Eton mess (a delicious English dessert) with the variant that leads not only berries (raspberries) but pomegranate seeds.

Many are already in summer but here we started the winter in the southern hemisphere so we  have pomegranate .
Anyway you can make this dessert with  only raspberries or strawberries.
I love pomegranate seeds in desserts.

Adapted from :  Gratinée 









Ingredients


300 grams raspberries (frozen or fresh)
100 grams (1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
300 grams  little meringues
100 grams + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
350 grams  ( 1 1/2 cups ) whipping cream
1 tablespoon raspberry liquer (optative)

Method

Bring raspberries, sugar, lemon raspberry liquer and water to a boil over medium high  cook until syrupy (about 20 minutes).
Transfer to a heatproof bowl and let cool slightly before transferring to the freezer.
Keep in freezer  for about half an hour.

In a chilled bowl, whip cream until soft  peaks form, add 2 tablespoons sugar and mix to incorporate.
Spoon a bit of cream into the bottom of 4 glasses.
Break meringues into pieces and place some of the pieces on top of the whipping cream, followed by a layer of the raspberries. Sprinkle with some of the pomegranate seeds. Repeat layer
and serve. 
You can refrigerate before serve.


















print recipe here











En español

Eton Mess de frambuesas y semillas de granada





















80 comments:

  1. Colorful and heavenly dessert..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. che meraviglia Gloria un vera delizia, baci <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una vera delizia :) Mi piace molto con il melograno.
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeds and berries too, a win times two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes raspberries and pomegranate ! Really delicious Pat :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful and delicious mess! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eton mess is one of my favoryte dessert ! So easy to make and so delicious ! And with raspberries, I love !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, Sweet little dessert treat! Simple but luscious. We'd add the raspberry liquor for sure... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. I love pomegranate seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! li mangerei tutti!! che bontà :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I have never tried this before- I already love it. It looks so cool, tangy, and refreshing. I can't wait to try this recipe. Yum! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful pictures. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty dessert, I think great for any season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen.Im agree with you is for any season :)

      Delete
  13. Eton Mess desserts are the best! Easy to make and everyone loves them! Yours are so pretty, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gloria, this is one dessert that I have never tasted, sounds wonderful and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri I think you would love this !

      Delete
  15. che dessert delizioso Gloria, mi piace molto !

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pomegranate seeds sound great in this! Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buono cosi fresco e delizioso. Conosco l'Eton Mess. Very popular qui. Ciao!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks so yummy, I want one right now! Just dropping it in the mail! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Un bicchierino a me Gloria, che goduria!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Che gran bontà Gloria!!! Un abbraccio e felice week end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another good looking desert!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful dessert, Gloria! This would be lovely for entertaining and so delicious. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I could eat one of those right now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks delicious. I love the name of this dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello, Gloria!! A perfect summer treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow cara Gloria, un'idea fresca e golosa per l'estate! Brava!
    UN caro saluto!
    unospicchiodimelone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. un beau dessert tout simplement un délice
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  28. So elegant and what a great combination of flavours, Gloria. Your presentation is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely and delicious dessert, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooooh, I know I would love this Gloria. Lots of my favorite things in here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Gloria, how I love a delicious and fresh Eton Mess - I have not made one in a while and your lovely blog post reminds me to make thsi wonderful treat again as soon as time allows - your version looks so fresh and inviting, just a picture perfect dessert all around!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Un dessert que j'aime beaucoup.
    De la couleur et de la saveur.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  33. One isn't enough. Yesterday Angie put me on a diet :(

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have never had an Eton Mess before but I KNOW I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a delicious, elegant dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Come ci stanno bene quei chicchi di melograno su questo delizioso e molto invitante dessert, bravissima!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted