These brownies are really awesome and are from Bon Appetit, don worry if you haven't some stour beer you can make with other beer.
The twins loved these brownies!
1 cup stout (such as Guinness or other
400 g semisweet chocolate,chopped,divided
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/ teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- Preheat oven to 180°c
Line a metal baking pan (about 20 x 20 cm) with foil
Bring beer to a boil in a médium sauce pan, cook until reduced to 1/2 cup about 12 minutes.
Let cool. Reserve 1/4 cup of beer.
Stir 300 g chocolate and 1 cup butter in a médium metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering wáter until melted and smooth.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture, then 1/4 cup beer from pan. Fold in flour and 1 1/4 tasp salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake brownies until surface begins to crack and a tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Stir remaining 100 g of chocolate in a médium metal bowl set over a sauce pan of simmering wáter until melted and smooth. Add reserved 1/4 cup beer, remaining 2 tbsp. butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt, whisk until blended.
- Pour warm glaze over brownies. Let stand at room temperature until glaze is set, about 40 minutes.
Im sharing this recipe with Cook your book #2Print recipe here