13 January 2011

Quinoa pudding







I really loved when I made this quinoa pudding about two days ago, and the kids loved too.
They love corno pudding so I think maybe they would enjoyed this.

Looking for a great low calorie, nutritious and delicious diet meal? Going vegetarian? Then this quinoa vegetarian stew is just what you're looking for! And because it's made with quinoa you get a totally healthy meal with plenty of protein without meat.

This quinoa pudding is stuffed with mushrooms and zuchinni.Im sending this recipe to Sweet and Savory to Meatless Monday.
This recipe is adapted from Revista Paula Cocina 2008, from Chef Cristián Gomez  who work in Hotel Tierra Atacama   (north of Chile)


Ingredients (4 servings)

2 cups  of quinoa
2 eggs
salt and pepper
1 cup of cream
1 teaspoon of curry powder

Filling

3 tablespoon of oil
1 yellow onion chopped
2 medium zucchini in cubes (with the peel)
2 cups of mushrooms in slices
1/2 cup of raisins gold (optative)
3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese grated

















Method

.
.In a saucepan, combine the quinoa,  with 5 cups of water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then fluff with a fork.




.Transfer the quinoa to a colander and set aside.Let cool.
 
In a bowl place the quinoa,eggs cream and curry powder.
 
Season with salt and pepper.
 
Stir well until the  mix look like a thick cream.
 
Prepare the filling
 
Preheat the oven to medium-hot temperature (180°c)
In a pan heat the oil to medium heat, add the chopped onion first and then  mushrooms and zucchini chopped.
saute until the veggies are al dente.Add some water and the raisins (optative) and season with salt and pepper.
 
 
In clay bowls or ramekins distribute the filling, cover with the cream of quinoa and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake at oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until is gratin.
 
 
 
En español
 
Pastel de quinoa

 











Este pastel de quinoa perfectamente podría llamarse budín de quinoa pero me ha apetecido ponerle "pastel" porque me recuerda el sabor y la textura del Pastel de Choclo.
Cuando mi hijo me preguntó que ibamos a comer (hace unos dos días) le dije es como pastel de choclo pero va relleno con champiñones y zapallito italiano. A él le gustó mucho pero el siguiente  lo quiere con carne (como pastel de choclo) pero de veras que me encantó esta receta.
Yo había hecho comidas con quinoa pero esta fue esas cosas que te encantan.
Esta receta está adaptada de una receta de Paula Cocina  del Chef Cristián Gómez que trabaja en un Hotel  que he escuchado puras maravillas, por el lugar y la comida el Hotel Tierra Atacama es un Hotel tipo Boutique y  está en el Norte de Chile.


Ingredientes(4 personas)

2 tazas de Quinoa 
sal y pimienta
2 huevos
1 taza de crema
1 cucharadita de polvos curry

Para el relleno

3 cucharadas de aceite
2 zucchinis medianos (zapallito)
en cubos con piel
2 tazas de champiñones picados o en láminas
1 cebolla mediana picada fina
1/4 taza de pasas rubias (optativo)
3 cucharadas de queso parmesano rallado
para espolvorear

Preparación

En una olla con 5 tazas de agua y un poco de sal cocinar la quinoa, cocer a fuego mediano y cuando hierva bajar el fuego a suave, cocinar alrededor de 10 a 15 minutos o hasta que esté tierno.
Poner en un colador para que bote el agua. Dejar enfriar.
En un bol mezclar la quinoa con la crema, los huevos y los polvos curry, sazonar con sal y pimienta.
Revolver hasta que tenga la consistencia de una crema espesa.
Precalentar el horno a temperatura media/baja (180°c)
Preparar el relleno.
En un sartén calentar el aceite a fuego mediano, agregar las verduras  primero la cebolla picada y despues el resto  saltear hasta que estén tiernas.
Añadir un poco de agua caliente y las pasas (optativo).
Preparar unos pocillos de greda o de cerámica y colocar primero el relleno y luego encima la crema de quinoa, espolvorear con el queso rallado.
Hornear 15 a 20 minutos o hasta gratinar.
Retirar del horno y servir con ensalada de tomates.

Nota: La quinoa se encuentra en Supermercados y negocios de porductos naturales y en La Vega.

46 comments:

  1. Sounds good & healthy...a great combination! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanto, apenas lo haga te cuento, justo hoy vi que en el supermercado trajeron quinoa negra y roja además de la normal, así que necesito recetas para probarlas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good Gloria, but I would have to pass on this one as I do not like quinoa at all. I do love your new header though, how very sweet!! Just like you! Love you loads and loads! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. E' interessante questa ricetta buona e con poche calorie, brava♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought of using quinoa
    in a sweet dish. Great idea ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria me gustó mucho lo voy a probar, muy sano y sabroso.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alicia, is really nice and easy top make, gloria

    Pilar es absolutamente delicioso y la textura parecida al pastel de choclo, tengo una de croquetas que te mandaré, cariños, gloria

    Marie, maybe the dishes you tasted but really is nice but I understand.
    I love my new header.
    Send you huggs and kisses, gloria

    Stefanía grazie, is a yummy recipe, have a lovely week end, gloria

    Chele, really is a savoy dish (have zucchinis and mushrooms but the quinoa is usede in sweet dishes too, is really versatil.
    gloria

    Gracias Annie es lo más parecido al pastel de choclo queda super rico, cariños gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pudding with quinoa sounds very unique, excellent and nutritious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria bonita!!!, no hice nada con la quinoa, pero tu pastel parece delicioso, y como dice tu hijo...con carne, um!!!!...es que hoy es viernes y estoy harta de verduras de toda la semana de recuperación ;))))
    Mil besitos y feliz fin de semana amiguita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks five stars and thanks for stopping by! gloria

    Gracias Juani, realmente queda b ueno, pero déjalo para cuando tengas ganas de hacer algo con quinoa.
    Quje tengas buen fin de semana y descansa, un abrazo, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried quinoa for the first time a few weeks ago and would be looking for new ways to enjoy it Gloria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Valli, a lot of people dont know quinoa, is amazing and really versatile to many recipes, I think you would enjoy this recipe, thnaks for stopping by, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gloria, I would never have thought to use quinoa in this way but your results are amazing. This is why I love to visit your blog. Your food and recipes just never disappoint. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que bueno se ve!!....es que la quinoa no cansa....es deliciosa y cada dia la cocino mas!!.....hasta en desayuno (he hecho nuevos desayunos con blueberries....).....y nos encanta!!....te quedo buenisimo......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Very similar to my cornflakes terrine. Great minds think alike! ;-P

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  16. me gusta me gusta me gusta!! te ha quedado buenisimo! un besote amiga y que tenga sun lindo fin de semana!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ¡Que rico! La quínoa parece ser el ingredienta de moda últimamente... la he visto cocinada por todas partes jaj.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me tengo que comprar la quinoa, es el colmo que nunca la he comido.
    Fijate que en el jumbo de Pto. Montt la compré y luego la dejé a un lado porque me pareció super cara y en la boleta salia, osea me la cobraron lo mismo!, que rabia.
    Un beso amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Mary Like I said I think quinoa is really versatile, this type is amazing, soon I will make a dessert, blessings to you Mary and has a lovely weekend! gloria

    Marcela
    Tú lo has dicho es estupenda y se puede usar en tantas cosas, a mi me encanta, que tengas buen fin de semana, gloria


    Gracias Topino, que tengas un buen fin de semana, gloria

    Yes I think so dear Rosa, I think we have great minds think alike! xgloria

    Lo curioso Isabel es que la quinoa es muy antigua la usaban nuestros antepasados pero todo va y viene, pero creo que aún mucha gente no la conoce, cariños, gloria

    Pruebala Kako es muy buena. El Jumbo debe ser caro para estas cosas pero hay en otras partes y en las partes de productos naturales, cariños, gloria
    Kako pero si la tienes la quinoa úsala, queda muy buena.cariños amiga

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never had a svaoury ppudding like this one or cooked with quinoa before, but it definitely looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Gloria! This pudding sounds wonderful. I've never really seen a quinoa pudding like this, but I'm pretty sure we would love it here. Yum!
    p.s I'm good lately;-) Thanks for asking. Espero que todo este bien contigo tambien;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Que buena receta, tiene una pinta deliciosa, lo probaré porque tampoco yo he utilizado la quinoa. Muy bonita la ilustración de Denise. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  23. it's gonna be quinoa's year, i can feel it! great recipe, gloria--it's unique and appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Cakelaw, (I hope you are OK with the flows) I find quinoa is really versatile and tasty, you will see when I post other recipes.
    Take care, gloria

    Thanks Stella Im OK thanks, the kids enjoyed these puddings, (they love corn pudding)thanks for stopping by gloria

    Te gustará Rosana, cierto que es maravillosa, Denise tiene dibujos maravillosos, son absolutamente mi estilo, besos gloria

    Grace maybe you have reason, I love quinoa but not always Im sure about post because I dont know if people like it! But I love,. an dthese was an amazing recipe honestly, huggs gloria

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never cooked with quinoa - but this is one to try .... yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Une recette qui me plait beaucoup.
    J'aime beaucoup le quinoa et c'est une manière originale de le préparer.
    Bon week-end et à très bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Que rico, me encantó tu plato. Lo voy a probar ya que me gusta mucho la quínoa (yo también preparé algo con ella) y esta versión me tinca que les va a gustar mucho a mis niños. Cariños

    ReplyDelete
  28. Help! Your quinoa recipe looks great. If you like picture linkys and blog hops, a Decidedly Healthy or Horridly Decadent hop has just begun (Sat party, but open for entries until Mon noon). But, the decidedly healthy (whole grain or veggie) recipes are in short supply. Consider sharing your recipe with the folks following this hop:
    http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com/decidedly-healthy-or-horridly-decadent-blog-hop.
    Older posts that fit the theme are also a-ok. Posting 2 recipes also ok.
    Thanks!!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely recipe of quinoa! Would love to try it. Never baked anything with quinoa.

    Lite Bite

    ReplyDelete
  30. Is a nice recipe Brownie girl, try it! x gloria

    Merci Beacoup Nadji mon amie, bizzz gloria

    Claudia ayer vi tu receta te quedaron preciosos los muffins, yo ahora tengo que comprar quinoa.
    Este plato es especial para niños porque s elo comen como pastel de choclo, besos gloria


    Thanks Maggie I will try!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  31. Como me ha gustado ese pastel de quinoa!!. lo encuentro especial. por aquí no se utiliza tanto y estaba con falta de alguna receta buena. gracias por compartirla. un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have a box of quinoanin my pantry. Your recipe seems like the perfect one to use ut.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have been looking for a recipe to try quinoa for the first time and I think I just found it!

    I just love sharing and finding recipes from all over the world :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gloria, this is a wonderful recipe and I am happy you linked it to My Meatless Mondays. I think, my husband would like this.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hola Gloria!! Qué rica receta, no se me habría ocurrido hacer la quinoa de esta manera, me encanta , prometo hacerla, pero el "pino" lo haré con carne de soja, que encuentro que es taaan rica, esa que es en cubos, no la molida. No sé si la has probado, es realmente buena.besitos amiga, espero no estés pasando mucho calor, aquí por suerte siempre corre viento en las tardes, por que estoy en un cerro

    ReplyDelete
  36. This look fantastic! Got to try cooking with quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gloria, What a great recipe! Your Quinoa Pudding looks absolutely delicious.

    Me ha encantado. Definitivamente la voy a provar :)


    Abrazotes,

    Aldy.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a delicious idea for using quinoa. These look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very unusual, Gloria. I've used quinoa in salads, but love to see the way you've used it here.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gracias Anna considero esta una de las mejores recetas que he porbado de la quinoa.
    besos

    Try this dear Cynthia and tell me waht you think, gloria

    Thanks a lot Cynthia, gloria

    Gracias Pamela, si es buena esa carne que dices, me has dado una idea la proxima VEZ LA HARÉ CON SOYA, lo que pasa es que a mi hija le encnata los champiñones, gloria

    Thanks Zoe, gloria

    Thanks Aldy, I see you speak spanish! gloria

    Thanks a lot Lisa, gloria

    Thanks my dear and lovely Blonde have a magical day too, gloria

    Thanks Barbara, xx gloria

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a fantastic Meatless Monday dish! It sounds absolutely delicious, and quinoa is so good for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. How wonderful this must taste!! I love your blog so I am following you now. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have a blogging buddy who does a linky party every Monday that features a different ingredient and this week is quinoa. If you're interested her site is Couscous & Consciousness . Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have some quinoa left at home. I will give this a try. Looks healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thnaks to all for your lovely comments, gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted