14 June 2019

Chocolate cherry bundt cake (Cake de chocolate y cerezas)











A few days ago it was my birthday and I wanted to do something small but delicious because it is always good to celebrate life.
 And also for the twins and hubby  who love chocolate.

So I made one of my favorites a bundt cake of chocolate and cherries and was really good.
The best thing was fine  to me  do it (although I'm better off on my arm)
You can use fresh or frozen cherries . I know in many sites you are lucky to have fresh cherries!
We are in winter, but always try to freeze some cherries !

Mine were frozen and it was delicious.

I share them as always with much love!


Adapted from Melskitchencafe







Chocolate cherry bundt cake

Ingredients

150 grams butter (2/3 cups)
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3  1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups( 75 grams) dutch process cocoa powder
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons  baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
200 grams  canned or fresh pitted cherries. (or frozen)


For the glaze

1 cup    semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips 
2/3  cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Method

To make the cake preheat oven to 180°c (375°F) and grease a bundt pan  (24 or 25 cm aprox) and set aside.


In a medium saucepan combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt and milk. Heat until the butter is melted and whisk to combine well. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
Add the eggs and whisk to combine and add the vanilla extract until the batter is smooth .Scoop half of the batter into the pan and sprinkle half of the cherries on top.
Add the remaining batter  and then press the remaining cherries into the batter.

Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top lightly springs back and the cake is baked through.
Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning it out carefully onto a cooling rack to cool completely.

Glaze

For the glaze place the chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat the cream to a simmer  (microwave or in a saucepan) and pour over the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes without stirring.
Add the vanilla and stir the mixture until it is glossy and smooth. The glaze will set up as it cools, for a thicker frosting let it cool slightly and pour it over the cake .
Once the cake is cooled place it on a serving plate or cake stand.
Garnish with some cherries and mint leaves. or chocolatepieces.

Print recipe here
















Cake de chocolate y cerezas













83 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, happy brithday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Dear Gloria! Your cake looks positively scrumptious. I can't think of a tastier way to spend your special day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and I’m envious of your cake. That looks good.

    www.theplpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday, Gloria! The cake looks scrumptious and perfect for any celebration. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. buon compleanno!!Bellissimo e molto goloso questo dolce, buon week end, baci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buon compleanno!!!! Questo dolce è golosissimo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always good to celebrate indeed. Hope you had a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh...how utterly delightful...and this was posted on what would have been my daughter's 30th birthday too! Had she been still with me, I would have made it for her as a birthday cake.
    Still, now I will make it for me! Oh thank you so much for this!!😊😊

    I do so hope your arm is a lot better.

    Sending you much love and hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Y graine ! Still is hard but really Im better!! hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  10. Yummy! And gorgeous, too! Happy Birthday to you, dear! Hope it was a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful birthday cake and Happy Birthday, Gloria! Those cherries are so big! Chocolate and cherries are a wonderful combination and you are so smart to keep some in the freezer. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, was really nice, and I feel better!! xoxox

      Delete
  12. Gloria, We love bundt cakes, chocolate and cherries so this dessert is perfect! Hope you had a great birthday and that your arm is healing a bit every day... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much David and thanks by coming!

      Delete
  13. Yum yum but I wonder what this might do to the scales after eating it!!! Enjoy your day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ancora tanti auguri di buon compleanno ^_^
    Questa torta è deliziosa e bellissima!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cioccolato e ciliegie, un ottimo abbinamento goloso!

    ReplyDelete
  16. deliciously looks like a cake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Una vera bontà Gloria, complimenti e auguri per il tuo compleanno passato

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yum! And you made it look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got me at cherries and chocolate too! It looks delicious and I'm sure it disappeared quickly. Happy Belated Birthday, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam I love chocolate and cherries always , taste delicious !! Thanks by coming!

      Delete
  21. Happy Birthday, Dear Gloria! Chocolate and cherries play so well together, yum. There must be a line to come to your home for cake.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia , you are always sweet and nice!! hugs!

      Delete
  22. Ti rifaccio gli auguri per il compleanno. Hai ragione la vita va sempre festeggiata. Anche io amo molto l'abbinamento cioccolato-ciliegie, molto buono e goloso

    ReplyDelete
  23. May you have a wonderful year ahead... I also always end up baking chocolate on my birthday... hehe... I would really love a big slice of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rafee nice to see you !! Hope you are doing well !

      Delete
  24. Glad your arms is better all the time. Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day. I know you had a tasty treat. The cake you made looks delicious! YUM! Those cherries look amazing- glad you froze some. :)

    Have a wonderful week!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess yesterday I was thinking in visite you but really I cant use the computer (my daugther is working in it) thanks by coming!

      Delete
  25. Happy Belated Birthday, Gloria! Your cake looks so chocolaty delicious, perfect for a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The cake looks so delicious.
    Many happy (belated) birthday wishes to you, Gloria.

    Hoping to that your arm continues to heal well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is looking so delucious,perfect for Summer☺

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Gloria, nice to know that you are feeling better. I must say that chocolate and cherries are a flavor match made in heaven and your Bundt is a delightful example of that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gloria, happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Golosissima 😋 brava Gloria 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is one of those times when I wish you were my neighbor so I could stop by, chat, and eat some of this deliciousness! Hope all is well for you! xoxoxo

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Elsie I whish you were my neighbor too !!
      Im better with some days I feel fine and others not.
      Thankz by stopping by ! Hugs and love !

      Delete
  32. Auguri cara Gloria e grazie per questa bella ricetta!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry to be so late to wish you an happy birthday !
    You cook a delicious cake !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Lou always is nice someone say Happy bisrthday ! bises

      Delete
  34. ma sembra buonissima!! complimenti!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie Andrea , como stai? I will visit you soon. I was with a difficult time with my arm but Im better. un abbraccio

      Delete
  35. Cherry and chocolate...yes please! You bundt cake looks fabulous Gloria, I wish to try a big slice of this cake...thanks for the recipe my dear.
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Una goduria questa ciambella, ancora tanti auguri Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  37. GRazie Terry, un abbraccio anche te !!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful Gloria! Bundt cakes are pretty in the first place buy the decorations really puts this over the top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted