25 August 2016

Old-fashioned Lattice-Top Apple Pie ( Tarta de manzanas)








Honestly, this is one of the best apple pie I've done.
The mass balance (not too thick) and filling was perfect.
I advise to do it anyway!

And the recipe comes from one of my favorite sites :

Bon appetit








Ingredients

Crust

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted
butter cut into pieces.
6 tablespoons ice water

Filling

1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 cup golden brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
2 teaspoons grated lemon  peel
1/8 teaspoon  ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
About 8 Granny Smith or Golden delicious apples peeled,cored thiny sliced

Method

Crust
Blend flour sugar and salt in processor. Add butter and  cute using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 6 tablespoons ice water and process until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoons if dough is dry. Gather into a ball. Divide into 2 pieces. Flatten each into disk. Wrap each in plastic and chill by 2 hours.
Let dough soften slightly before rolling out.

Position rack in lowest third oven and preheat to 160° c (350F)
For filling 
Mix sugar, golden brown sugar, all purpose flour, lemon juice, lemon peel nutmeg and cinnamon  and add apples and toss to blend.

Roll out 1 dough disk on floured surface  to 28 cm round and transfer to a pie dish.. Fold edge under forming high standing rim; crimp.
Add filling . Roll out second dough disk on floured surface.
Cut into wide strips. Arrange strips across pi. Form lattice arranging others strips diagonally across first strips.
Gently press ends into crust edges. Brush lattice with milk.
Sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.

Bake pie 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature  180°c (370 F)
Continue baking until juices bubble thickly and crust is deep golden, about 1hour. Covering edges withg foil is browning too quickly.
Let cool in rack about 1 hour.



Print recipe



















En español
Tarta de manzanas
















81 comments:

  1. I love, love apple pie and yours looks amazing!!! Beautiful lattice crust, Gloria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, I love a nice piece of apple pie and yours looks glorious! Can I have a cup of coffee and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream with mine? Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good apple pie. Years ago I learned how to make them using a recipe I've lost. But I've modified other recipes using some of these tricks. Use lemon juice instead of water in the crust. Then mix in raisins or currants that have soaked a few hours in apple brandy. If you want to be really special, put a mixture of ground nuts and brown sugar on top of the apples (under the lattice). Apple season is just a month away up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice ideas Sage. I think this crust was absolutely delicious. Nuts and brown sugar sounds amazing !

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pie Gloria. It will be cool enough to bake here again in a few weeks. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Inger when I baked this pie yesterday I think. I love bake ♡♡♡

      Delete
  5. Lovely top. We eat lots of apple bakes in our house. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so delicious Gloria !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ottima questa torta di mele, molto golosa :)
    Un bacio e buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  8. buonissima questa torta!!! Buon we <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so beautiful and I bet it tastes as amazing as it looks, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love apple pie - smells like autumn, my fav time of the year:) Yours looks amzanig, I would love to have a piece. I'm following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious Apple pie. Parcel me a piece dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love apple pie and this not only sounds delicious- but it looks so beautiful. I want some pie now! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gloria,
    Beautiful apple pie and looks so inviting :) Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Karen !
    Nice to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ho un debole per i dolci con le mele, e questa tua crostata è una meraviglia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Gloria...I love apple tarts - of just about every kind...and this looks absolutely AMAZING!!
    So homely...the perfect comfort food!!!

    Do hope you are ok, my dearest friend. You are always in my thoughts.:)

    All my Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Ygraine. Always I feel happy when you visit my blog ! Hugs !!xoxo

      Delete
  17. Looks amazing and I'm sure it tastes amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy!
    Hi Gloria...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing beats apple pie! Love the lattice work crust. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Apple Pie .. I can eat a lot I love it. Fortunately all here love it !

      Delete
  20. Le torte con le mele danno sempre grandi soddisfazioni, ma questa è veramente fantastica!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful Gloria, I like it very much, I think I'll soon try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. If I could make pastry and cut apples I would make this tomorrow, Gloria! I still have some healing time to finish unfortunately :( Just wanted to stop and say Hello, Dear. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping dear Susan. I know is hard for you still have problems with your hand,.I send you a lot of love and hugs xoxox

      Delete
  23. Apple pie is always a hit in my house and yours looks amazing! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. che buona!! adoro la torta di mele!! fatta così classica è la mia preferita!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lattices are so pretty and you did a really beautiful job with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  26. la torta di mele è sempre troppo BUONA!!!!! Bravissima

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha un aspetto magnifico, sembra di sentirne tutto l'aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I at least can eat apples, don't eat pie though haha

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love apple pie! And this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks like total perfection, Gloria. Lots of hugs to everyone! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful pie Gloria, I've been seeing apples in the market the last few weeks. Can't beleive it is almost fall. I bet this is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Una torta classica sempre buona!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Gloria, Perfect and delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. J'adore les desserts aux pommes. Ta tarte, en plus d'être très jolie, doit être délicieuse.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Gloria, we are just starting to see apples here now. Beautiful pie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Que ricura,que pinta!!!ummmm deliciosa.bs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted