10 July 2015

Pomegranate & Greek yogurt panacotta




This season I made a lot of treats or desserts with pomegranate!
I love them and now I frozen  someones to make desserts or others in any time:)
I think pomegranates are really georgeous!
I love this dessert: Greek yogurt panacotta & pom syrup!
Adapted from: Cooked.com





Ingredients

250  whole milk
400 g greek yogurt
150 ml double cream
1/2 orange finely grated zest
3 teaspoons powder gelatine
(or 5 gelatine leaves)
3 tablespoons sugar

Pomegranate syrup

150 ml pomegranate juice ( can use canned juice )
3 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 orange the juice
Pomegranate seeds to serve

Method

Put the gelatine powder in a cup with warm water and soak by a while.
In a pan over a low heat, warm the milk, yogurt, cream, orange zest and sugar stirring constantly.
Don't allow to boil. Once hot, remove from the heat.
Add the soaked gelatine to the pan and stir to dissolve. Once fully dissolved, pour the mix into 6.8 jelly moulds or ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least 5 hours or overnight.

To make the pomegranate syrup:

Place all the ingredients except the pomegranate seeds into a non reactive pan and bring to the boil. Simmer until reduced by half to three quarters and look thick.

You need leave time for the syrup to cool.
To unmold the desserts pour 3 cm. of hot water into a wide shallow bowl.

Dip the panacotta moulds briefly into the water (about 5 seconds). And turn out to serving plates, drizzle with a spoonful of the cooled syrup and some pomegranate seeds.



Print recipe


















En español
Panacotta de yogurt griego y jarabe de granadas












La panacotta es uno de mis postres preferidos y la que se hace en casa no tiene nada que ver con las que venden envasadas.
He hecho varias panacottas pero esta con la salsa de granadas me fascinó apenas la vi.
No los aburro diciendoles que me costó un mundo poder conseguir la receta. Hay sitios que son muy complicados pero finalmente lo hice.
Primero quiero decir que se puede hacer con jugo de granadas de botellas o de lata.
He visto en el Jumbo y en el Líder.
Yo tuve la suerte de encontrar algunas granadas en el Líder y a lo mejor encuentran.
Traje varias porque aparte de hacer el postre congelé semillas para hacer otras cosas más adelante.
Para congelar se abren con cuidado y se sacan las "pepitas" se ponen en un tupper plástico y se congelan.
Quedan estupendas.

Ingredientes

250 ml de leche entera  
400 g de yogurt griego
150 ml de crema espesa
1/2 naranja la ralladura
3 cucharadas de azúcar
3 cucharaditas de gelatina en polvo
(de la que viene en cajas)

Jarabe de granada

150 ml de jugo de granada (puede ser de caja o lata)
Si son naturales lo hago así:
Parto las granadas por la mitad y las exprimo en el mismo que exprimo las naranjas y paso el jugo por un colador.
3 cucharadas de azúcar en polvo
1 cucharadita maicena
1/2 naranja (el jugo)
algunas semillas de granada para adornar

Nota: Una vez hice este postre con una salsa de frutillas, queda muy rico tambien.

Preparación

En una taza colocar la gelatina en polvo con agua tibia, mezclar y dejar remojar un rato.
Mientras en una olla mediana a fuego bajo, calentar la lech, el yogurt, la crema, la ralladura de naranja y el azúcar.
Revolviendo siempre la mezcla.
No debe hervir. Una vez caliente retirar del fuego.
Agregar la gelatina ya disuelta y revolver bien para mezclar.
Una vez que está lista repartir en moldes de jalea o pocillos de cerámica.
Cubrir con plástico y llevar al refrigerador, por lo menos 5 horas o toda la noche.

Para hacer el jarabe de granada
En una ollita colocar todos los ingredientes  (excepto las semillas de granada) y calentar revolviendo siempre para que se vaya espesando y se disuelva bien la maicena. Hervir a fuego bajo hasta que se reduzca. Y esté como una salsa espesa.
Dejar enfriar bien antes de servir sobre las panacottas.
Para desmoldar poner los moldes en un poco de agua caliente por unos 5 segundos y con cuidado pasar un cuchillo por la orilla.
Dar vuelta en platos para servir con lasalsa de granada.




97 comments:

  1. Very refreshing dessert for summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, My wife loves yogurt and pomegranates. She'd really love this treat! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David I think Laurie would love this!:)

      Delete
  3. Oh Gloria, this treat really looks delicious, did not know you could make panna cotta out of yogurt......makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had these. They look smooth and delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story. The other day I made a banana dessert and husband, Tim, said it tasted like Panna cotta.

      Delete
  5. Good morning!!
    You know that I never ate panna cotta ?? :(
    This recipe of yours is very good, I'll try it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria...it's delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! A perfectly light and delicious dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favoloso e goloso!!! un abbraccio, buon we <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fabulous dessert! I can just imagine sitting in the garden and enjoying one of these.:)
    And I love your header picture...cherries have always been my ultimate favourite when it comes to fruit!!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my dear friend.:)

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine.I remember your beautiful poem of the cherries tree:)
      Hugss!

      Delete
  10. Oh so pretty... I love the idea of using pomegranates. Panna cotta is one of the yummiest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy I love pomegranates are beautiful!

      Delete
  11. Gloria, this is one of my favorite desserts. The pomegranates turn your's into a work of art!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria, ma è delizioso!!!!! Ha anche un bellissimo colore :)
    Bravissima!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Oui Monique! beautiful for Valentines too!
      xo

      Delete
  14. Sure looks like in a gulp or two they could be eaten away at your bay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious!! Just the right balance of sweet and sharp I should think!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fresco e delicato, bravissima Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love panna cotta! Amazing job, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. Panacotta de yogurt griego y jarabe de granadas... Da me mas!

      Delete
    2. Ha here you are 40 but in Pat site you are number 1:)

      Delete
  19. SO beautiful, Gloria!!! And these panna cotta sound fantastic!!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy:)
      Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

      Delete
  20. Yummilicious dessert...... pass me please... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Gloria, your syrup would be good on some many things, love how you have taken this dessert to a whole new level. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Cheri:)
    You are sweet and is true the syrup you can use in others desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Gloria, What a pretty and delicious dessert. It is a good idea to freeze them for the next time. Stay well my friend. xoxoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like the perfect desert.
    We don't get pomegranate at this time of year and but I think it could be good with other syrups as well.
    What a lovely blog you have, Gloria!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia ! I made this dessert with strawberries too!!
      you always are nice!

      Delete
  25. I love pannacotta! This looks so delicious, I feel like grabbing it off the screen...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks delicious, thanks Gloria ~ Happy summer ~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ho un debole per la pannacotta.... trooooppo golosa questa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your presentation -what a beautiful dessert

    ReplyDelete
  29. un dessert delizioso, splendida foto Gloria ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree, they are beautiful! These would be spectacular for a Christmas dessert with the beautiful white and red! Have a lovely week, Gloria. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gloria ecco un altro tuo dolce da laciare senza parole. Deve essere ottimo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I loooove pannacotta and I love pomegranate! I must try these. They look so yummy!
    Gloria, how are you? How have things been going for you lately?
    I send you a big long hug! :)
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Beate what nice know about you again!!
      I missed you so much and missed Keith too..
      Im happy finally you are living together your marry life in Germany!
      Send you loads of love!

      Delete
  33. Encore un dessert beau et plein de saveurs.
    Bravo à toi.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a pretty dessert, Gloria! I do love panna cotta and there are so many things you can serve with it. Never have tried pomegranate though...looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful! I adore pomegranate. I didn't know they could be frozen! We have a couple of trees in our tiny backyard. I will experiment with freezing this fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cali! I love pomegranate! This is my first I freeze pomegranate seeds and is lovely to use in dessertd or others.

      In december we are in summer so I haven't pomegranates so this year I hope to make something for Christmas!

      Delete
  36. It looks beautiful and delicious Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this dessert. It is beautiful and delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fantastic recipe and those pictures are great. I should think you could use a sugar substitute instead of sugar - if you wanted or needed to e.g. if you are a diabetic?

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Jan.My dad is diabetic so when I make some dessert for him only I use a subtitute sugar not problem.
    usually I use sucralosa or other.I dont like stevia because change the taste of some desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Gloria,

    These desserts look lovely :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love anything that has Greek yogurt in it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I know that Katerina:)
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Gloria! I wish I can find some pomegranate here, but first I'll satisfy my cravings with your pana cotta, looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks Jasline!
    Hope you can find pomegrantes!
    If you fibx r remember you can freeze some pomegranate seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Gloria, a delicious dessert and an absolutely beautiful presentation with the white of the pannacotta offset by the bright red of the pomegranate syrup and seeds - truly a lovely and fabulous dessert idea!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is a beautiful desserts. Looks so yummy Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Looks too pretty to eat on that color coordinated setting!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is such a lovely dessert Gloria--and a great use for pomegranate!

    ReplyDelete
  49. très beau dessert la photo est magnifique bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm on a diet. Angie is so strict :(((

    ReplyDelete
  51. This sounds scrumptious! I love the bright red on the white too. So pretty! I have a new treat to try thanks to you. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  52. Incorporate relevant keywords naturally into your comment. Don't stuff them; make sure they fit naturally within your sentences.
    Buy Reddit Accounts
    Buy Facebook Accounts
    Buy Verified PayPal Accounts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted