13 October 2011

Farmhouse Apple & blackberry pie and Louise's Cookbook party game





Louise  of the blog  Month of Edible celebrations invite us to celebrate some special dates in October with a Cookbook party game, I choose  Apple Month because I love apples and bake with them.
And this recipe is from BBC Good Food and english site with amazing recipes.
This Pie is a mix of apples and blackberry and is delicious!!


















Louise of Months of Edible Celebrations  always organize fun and lovely parties, remember a pic nic we had??  well Louise organized too, and now she invites us to enjoy some lovelies foods are celebrated in October.
See in Louise's blog others nice celebrations.


Ingredients
dough

500 grs, all purpose flour
250 unsalted butter
140 icing sugar
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt

1 kg apples fuji or bramley apples, peeled
cored, halved and slices
250 grs.  frozen blackberries
140 caster sugar
1 teaspoon  of cinnamon
1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk


 Making the pie crust:

Mix the butter and icing sugar together  in a bowl , then add  the 3 yolks one for one.
Add the flour and mix it all together with your fingers until you get a texture like damp breadcrumbs, work in 1-2 tbsp water until the pastry just comes together, then divide into 2 balls.
wrap the dough in cling film and chill for at least 40 minutes.

For the filling

 Place  the apples into a large bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes .Add the berries, sugar
 cinnamon and two tablespoon of flour and a pinch of salt, mix well.Set aside.

Heat oven at 180°c Roll  one ball of the pastry out in  a floured surface and used a 26- 28 cm tart tin leaving a slight  overhang and keeping any pastry scarps. Prick the base with a fork  and cook by 15 minutes.
Let cool. Filling the crust wuth apple and berry mix.
Roll the remaining pastry and make a square about 30 x30 cm . Cut out  strips of pastry .Weave the strips of pastry evenly over the fruit to create a lattice pattern and push them into the edge of the tart.Trim the overhang of pastry, brush the lattice heavily with  the egg .
Bake for 45 minutes or until is golden and bubbling.
Leave the pie cool by 30 minutes.


Print recipe here



Im sharing with






Photobucket







EN ESPAÑOL

Pie de manzanas y moras  and Louise Cookbook party game











Mi amiga Louise del blog Month of Edible Celebrations invite us to a Cookbook party game con eventos acerca de comida que se celebran en Octubre.
Dentro de varias posibilidades yo elegí las manzanas porque me encantan y adoro cocinar con ellas.
Elegí este Pie de Manzanas y moras que descubrí en el sitio de BBC Goodfood que tiene excelentes recetas.
Vean en el blog de Louise otras interesantes opciones de celebración para este mes.

Ingredientes

500 grs. harina sin polvos de hornear
250 grs. mantequilla sal
140 grs. azúcar glass o azucar flor
3 yemas de huevo
pizca de sal


Relleno de manzanas

 1 kg. de manzanzas fuji u otras
peladas sin semilla y en gajos
250 grs. moras congeladas
140 grs. azúcar glass
1 cucharadita  de canela
1 huevo batido con un poco de leche
para pintar la masa

Preparación

Para la masa mezclar en un bol la mantequilla con el azúcar hasta que tenga una consistencia cremosa, agregar las tres yemas de a una, integrando bien.
Agregar la harina de a poco,uniendo con los dedos haciendo una mezcla migosa agregando unas dos cucharadas de agua, para que tenga una consistencia de una masa de tarta.
Dividir en dos partes y envolver en film plastico dejar reposar por unos 40 minutos en el refrigerador.

Para el relleno

Colocar las manzanas ya cortadas en un bol para microondas, llevar a microondas por 3 minutos en potencia alta. Retirar y mezclar con las moras, la harina, azúcar, canela y una pizca de sal, mezclar bien y reservar mientras se prepara la masa.

Precalentar el horno a 180°c y estirar una de las porciones de masa con un rodillo de cocina,
Estirar en forma redonda para el molde de tarta (26-28 cm) (si se necesita agregar un poco de harina para estirar mejor.
Acomodar la masa y pinchar el fondo con un tenedor y llevar al horno por unos 15 minutos.
Retirar y dejar enfriar.
Rellenar el molde con la masa con la mezcla de manzanas y moras.
Con la otra porción de masa, estiurar para formar el enrejado, cortar tiras a lo largo e ir colocando sobre el relleno con cuidado y presionando los bordes para que quede sellado.
Cuando esté listo pintar con la mezcla de huevo y leche antes de llevar al horno.
Cocinar por unos 45 minutos hasta que esté bien dorado y burbujeante.
Retirar y dejar enfriar unos 30 minutos antes de servir.


77 comments:

  1. TE HA QUEDADO ESTUPENDO GLORIA!!
    Mi hija del blog Horno y Adorno, tiene uno parecido, quizás te gustará visitar su blog, porque es DULZONA como tú
    BESITOS MI NIÑA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se ve mortal amiga, yo creo que si me fuera un mes a tu casa subiria mucho de peso, haces muchas cosas ricas!!
    Delicioso!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mi Gloria bonita!!!!..como me gusta BBC Good Food!!!, me baje la aplicacion para el IPhad y todos los meses disfruto de esa revista..mi favorita!!!
    este pie es maravilloso!!, como me gustan estos pies de frutas..mi familia es terrible..no quieren nada de esto:( un dia les voy a poner firmes y se van a tener que comer lo que ami me guste..faltaria más!!!:)
    que tengas un feliz fin de semana amiga bonita!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would not believe me if i told you till now i have never made a fruit pie and this looks so so fruity delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apples too and your pie looks scrumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great combo idea. Love both blueberry and apples! Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi gloria, your apple and blackberry pie looks so delicious and pretty.
    i will ask for a slice if i am your neighbor..oh make it two slices :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm as crazy for apples as you are Gloria. I still have to make my first apple pie...never experienced baking one yet.
    There you go making yours all special with berries...I'm craving your choice of pie as well ;o)) What shall I make? LOL

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hip hip Hooray, We have a lovely Apple & Blackberry Pie for the Cookbook Party!!! My goodness, Gloria it looks delicious. I don't know that I can wait!!!

    Thank you so much for joining in the festivities!!! Good Luck!!! Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que rico, con lo que me gustan las cosas con manzanas.
    Saludos afectuosos desde Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amiga: besotes y abrazotes, y sobre todo, mucha fuerza y ESPERANZA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria se ve deliciosa, como todo lo que tu haces.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I've been baking lots from BBC Good Food recently and baking with apples too! great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gloria! Somos dos! yo encuentro que las manzanas son lo máximo y en pies y kuchen quedan siempre bien, y si encima le has puesto moras ni te digo, esto está mortal, qué cosa más rica. Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pie! This one looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gracias Té de ternura, veré el blog de tu hija, besos

    Thanks a lot Santosh, you always are so nice! gloria

    Kako! no nos pasamos comiendo estas cosas y comemos bien saludable, y de hecho este pie vinieron ayer amigos de gerardo así que no duró nada,lo que es verdad es que me encanta cocinar con manzanas de hecho las uso y como todo el año de hecho tengo tres arboles de manzanas, besos gloria

    A mi tambien Juani tambien en mi Celular que me conecto a internet a veces me entrengo mirando BBC Food ademas´tiene unas fotos preciosas y las recetas son estupendas,, y que es del Tito ya no me viene a ver, besos (está muy ocupao)

    Thanks what for dessert! gloria

    I cant believe Happy Cook but you cook fantastic, you have to make fruit pies are amazing, gloria

    Thanks Angie! gloria

    Thanks Sume, gloria

    Thanks Roxana, xxgloria

    Thanks Cooking, gloria

    Thanks Caroline, xxgloria

    Thanks Claudia I love bake with apples around the year, I love them! gloria

    Thanks so much dear Louise Im so happy you like my apple recipe, I love bake with apples and I enjoy always your parties! gloria

    Gracias Mar, a mi tambien me gustó la masa es muy delgada como me gustan, besos gloria

    Gracias Mi Rosita que linda eres te agradezco tu visita siempre, despues nos hablamos, besos mil, gloria

    Gracias Manjar Malva gracias por visitarme, gloria

    Thans Baking I love BBC good food is absolutely nice, gloria

    Pamela en realidad adoro las manzanas ya sean crudas (a mordiscos) o en kuchenes o en pies me gustan siempre, La mora ha hecho que el relleno quede mas jugoso, besos

    Thanks Pam, xxgloria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria, there is something about a lattice crust that makes a pie even more enticing! This combination of fruits sounds fabulous...and must make a delicious pie :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much dear Lizzy!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  19. It does indeed looks scrumptious, I love the fillings combination and the juice oozing out of the crust looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pie looks delicious. I'm going to pass the recipe to a friend or two of mine.

    I can see the headline now:

    "Google CEO panics at the joint Blackberry iPie project. Tries to make Android more tasty."

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Jeannie, xxgloria

    Oh Dan you are so fun!!maybe this apple and blackberry is dangerous!!xx gloria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gloria, qué te puedo decir, una receta más rica que otra!!!! Te felicito , y me gustó esa combinación,
    un beso,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Apples and berries-how exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Que rica!! con manzanas y moras tiene que ser una delicia. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow.. your apple & blackberry pie not only looks lovely but tasty as well. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never would have thought to combine these two ingredients together, but what a delicious idea! How I would love a big slice of your beautiful pie! Apple is one of my favorites so I think I'm going to have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love fruit pies! This looks like a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautifully delicious!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Que cosa mas deliciosa!!....estos pies me encantan.,...queda anotado!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  30. Se ve delicioso. Mataria por tenerlo entre mis manos. :P

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mi gusta mucho!

    Hope you're in the best of everything.

    TY for all your recipes. Can't get enough. Drool...

    hugs,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hola Glorita!!!
    como estas??? tantas lunas!! =D
    Gracias por haberme visitado y preguntar por mi...eres muy tierna =)

    Todo bien en mi familia gracias a Dios.
    Mes de la manzana? no tenia idea...me encantan los dulces con manzanas, sobre todo los strudels...mas no conozco mucho =P
    Gloria...vas a ir a la expo materia prima este fin de semana? si vas avisame please para que nos veamos??
    Bueno, te dejo por ahora...ya estare mas seguido por aki
    besitos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great looking pie - delicious and perfect for Fall - look like a pretty Emma Bridgewater plate too!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Uno de mis pies favoritos y concuerdo contigo es un agrado cocinar con manzanas.

    ReplyDelete
  35. first class apple pie just need some custard

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fun, Gloria. I love Louise's games!
    It's a lovely pie....I need some ice cream on top though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gloria, Oooo... you've make me so crazyly miss having some pie. Haven't been baking much lately. Hope I can have some of yours. Slurp..... Happy weekend, dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ciao, grazie per essere passata. Che deliziosa crostata.
    Alla prossima.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amiga que rico esa combinación de sabores me encantan!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks to all your comments I appreciate all! xxxgloria

    Gracias amigas por sus comentarios, besos y gracias, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the beautiful blush color that the berries add to the filling. Your pie sounds wonderful, Gloria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Pies at this time of year really are the best! I love this blend of fall and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks Girl chef, xgloria

    Thanks Joanne, xgloria

    ReplyDelete
  44. un vrai régal bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey Gloria! Your apple & berries pi looks so appetizing & amazing too! I love to savour this with hot home made custard! yummie!

    Kisses from Belgium to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. delicious pie, gloria! your lattice crust looks perfectly done--bravo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I wish I could reach my fork into the computer screen :) What a delicious pie and I love the beautiful blueberries in your header photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love! Here from Sweet as Sugar. We would love to have you join us on Thursday's Treasures. <3 and HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my! That looks delicious. I so want a slice of that right now. I don't even care that it is breakfast time :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your apple blackberry pie looks delicious, Gloria! Love it! Wish we have blackberry over here! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gloria, amiga linda... para variar me saco el sombrero con este pie. Se ve tan jugosito y delicioso! me gusta el color, la textura y el aspecto de hecho en casa que tiene.
    Me recuerda aquellos que comía en mi niñez...
    Que ganas de estar más cerca para ir a tomar oncesita contigo... te aseguro que Alba y yo saltaríamos en una pata de alegría :D
    Un abrazo grande

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have blackberries in the freezer and am heading to pick apples today so I am ready Gloria!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Gloria, una delicia este kuchen. Me gusto la mezcla. Y sabes la semana pasadas fuimos a una granja a recoger manzanas, pronto subiré una receta en relación a eso. Un besito!

    ReplyDelete
  54. There is no better time to enjoy apples than October. Your pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The apples and berries are so great together, and I love the lattice top on the pie!

    ReplyDelete
  56. The colour of your pie is divine! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Fabulous. I used to make blackberry apple pie with Gravenstein apples.. a variety only available for a limited time in a limited area. I didn't do a lattice on top, but think I will next year. Could lick this page. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Gloria,
    That is the best looking pie that I have seen in a long time. I sure wish it was in front of me right now, I would just love it! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have had a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is beautiful! And also a great choice for the apple baking month.

    ReplyDelete
  60. This is sooooooo fruitilicious! Excellent Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  61. 67 comments.... my goodness dear Gloria... you are so popular!
    I wish that I could have some of your wonderful pie. It looks so good.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog today. You are always so sweet to me. I thank you for your continued friendship and support. I am sending best wishes to you and your mom and dad. Have a good week dear Gloria. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  62. Que bueno Gloría, además te ha quedado muy bonito, me encanta.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Apple and Blackberry Pie is the best thing ever. Love it Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Qué delicia. Yo sólo he probado el pie con manzana, pero esta combinación con mora tiene que estar riquísima.
    Un beso, guapa.

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a beautiful pie - it is a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  66. It's very, very good!
    Bellissme fotografie, complimenti

    Tiziana

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks by all your comments! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  68. Que receta mas rica ,las moras me encantan, te sigo desde hoy, seguire visitando tu blog....besos

    ReplyDelete
  69. Looks Delicious! Thank You for Sharing on Thursday's Treasures! Please join us each Thursday. <3 and Hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/p/thursdays-treasures.html

    ReplyDelete
  70. wow IT looks really delicious, I love this kind of food, I think I gonna do it tonight, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted