14 February 2018

Passionfruit Mousse (Mousse de maracuya)






I wish I had done this post yesterday but it was impossible for the usual reasons, in a way my time is not mine for now and it's fine, but finally I'm here with this  passionfruit  dessert.

I love maracuya and in many parts it gets frozen and I also, although we are close to Peru it is easier to have frozen  passion fruit  pulp and can be used when you need.

 I am really impressed  how  many passionfruit recipes come from Australia or the United Kingdom and are very good.

This is a delicious maracuya mousse you just have  the patience to wait. It is better to do it at night and it will be ready for the other day.


I noticed  Yotam Ottolenghi  ( an amazing chef) in his book "Sweet " has many passionfruit recipes  he is a really genius in pastry and desserts.
 You can find his last book in Amazon UK . or Amazon.com.


Source : Recipe plus




Ingredients

4 eggs separated
300 grams (12 oz) passionfruit  frozen pulp(reserve 2 tablespoon)
1 1/4 cups heavy cream whipped
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin dissolved in water


Method

Cut 3-13 inch pieces of foil.
Cut  in half  lenghtwise then fold each piece
lenghtwise again.
Wrap around 6 teacups extending foil 1/3 inch above rim.
Secure with tape.

In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar until light and creamy.
Add passionfruit pulp.
In a little bowl pour 1/4  cup of water and sprinkle gelatin over top, let stand until the gelatin softens and swell about   5 to 8 minutes.

Gently add the gelatin and let cool slightly then fold in.
Fold in whipped cream and whipp egg whites to soft peaks, gradually add remaining sugar and whipp until thick and gently fold in.

Distribute between prepared teacups. Chill for 5 hours in fridge or all night.
To serve carefully remove foil. 
Top each mousse with a little reserved passionfruit pulp.

I know is a dessert but I find fruit's mousse delicious for breakfast. 





print recipe 










Roses and basil  from my yard






en español

Mousse de maracuya















69 comments:

  1. Gloria, I love your passionfruit mousse, it looks yummy. I love this dessert in the tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passionfruit is so good, but I admit, it's not something I bake with regularly. I definitely need to add in into more of my creations. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! I love the aroma of passionfruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fantastic dessert ! I love passion fruit and I love your pink teacups too ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this sounds fantastic and I love passion fruit. Must certainly try this out, yum yum. Your teacups and plates are also excellent. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I love passion fruit too ! hugs!

      Delete
  6. Meravigliose queste mousse, e sicuramente anche molto deliziose!! Adoro la maracuya e potrei innamorarmi di questo dolce al cucchiaio!
    Meraviglioso!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous mousse, Gloria! And your roses are spectacular---I'm ready for spring :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lizzy you will happy I think spring is close for you and yours. Here some trees have red leaves but still is really hot. I would be happy in autumn!xo

      Delete
  8. Don't think I've ever even seen passion fruit, let alone had it lol sure great when you can get stuff from your own yard too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Pat you have to try some day, maybe you like it :) :)

      Delete
  9. I love passion fruit, such a lovely flavour. I bet it's great in a mousse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Caroline I love too and especially how smell. delicious!

      Delete
  10. So pretty..everything Gloria.I am happy you have passions..I know how hard it is to find the time to exercise them with all you have going on..but it's so important:) Bravo for keeping your creativity going strong:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Thanks Monique. Yes I try and is not easy sometimes. But really cook and bake cheers my heart.Thanks so much xoxox

      Delete
  11. Another great-looking treat. I like the look of the roses, too... but not to eat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. but you know you can eat roses I bake and use someones.
      But the mousse is delicious!

      Delete
  12. Adoro questo dolce!
    Che belle rose :)
    Un bacio e buona serata

    ReplyDelete
  13. che meraviglia Gloria, lovely mousse ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gloria, Your dessert looks great! We just don't see very much passion fruit in stores here...or even in restaurants, even upscale ones. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don ! Hope you find in some restaurants passionfruit desserts!
      hugs!

      Delete
  15. It looks delicious & pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty in the teacup and love the roses! This sounds delicious, Gloria! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh yummm.... should give this a try, passionfruit is a locally grown fruit over here so its easily available. have to book mark this to try. have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nammi lucky you can find passionfruit! Im glad you like!xo

      Delete
  18. Looks like Summer on a plate,love this☺

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so beautiful ans it sounds SO tasty too. I am licking my lips! :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. That mousse sounds delicious! Must check if we get frozen passion fruit pulp here... I totally love the set used for props... and your rose and basil plant looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rafee! Im sure you can find frozen passionfruit there!

      Delete
  21. Fantastica questa mousse, che golosità!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Summer on a plate! What a delicious dessert, I would love to try it. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Golosissimo dessert! Buona settimana <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like heaven, Gloria, and I did spot fresh passionfruit at the market... :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ma che bontà! Molto belle anche come le hai servite in quelle tazzine che sono molto chic! Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  26. un dessert gourmand et joliment présenté j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  27. i think i've only had a chance to eat passionfruit once, but i remember it being lovely! this is a great way to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this style of dessert, and your presentation in such beautiful cups is superb!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  29. CHe golosi che sono. Baci Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ottolenghi è un'assoluta garanzia. E anche tu sei una garanzia ;-) questa mousse ha un aspetto deliziosamente cremoso. Io adoro il passion fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Gloria, I love mousse!! I certainly would very much enjoy this dessert! xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. yummy!!

    I love your little outdoor decor.. I'm trying to do something like this in my bay window..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted