22 February 2018

Cake poire chocolat (Pears and chocolate cake)






Many recipes start with the same story, someone get you pears or plums or whatever (and you already have yours in my case pears and you have to do something because otherwise they get lost.) 
And I do not like the waste of food either fruit or something else.
Remember that it's still hot here (read summer) so it's easy to spoil it.
I can't wait Autumn arrive is my favorite season.

Well I had pears (see photo) and Gerardo (hubby) brought more pears, I remembered having seen this recipe, I did not know where or in what language I finally found it in  a French site .

The pears and the chocolate go well absolutely and this is a cake / dessert because  is moist and with the pears  is really good. Depending on the mold you can put 4 or 5 pears.
And since pears and chocolate go so well together I love this recipe has chocolate sauce as well.

Adapted from :Cuisine Actuelle   (in french)














Ingredients

4 or 5 little pears
8 cl water
1 cinnamon stick
 170 grams sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
80 grams  bitter dark chocolate
120 grams butter
200 grams  all purpose flour
dry yeast (1 sachet ) 
3 eggs
30 grams powder cacao



Method

To make the pears in syrup:

Peel the pears while keeping them whole. Pour the water into a saucepan, add 80  g sugar and vanilla and cinnamon stick, bring to a boil.
Add the pears and cook  for 15 minutes. Let cool in the syrup.

Preheat the oven to 180° c (356 ° F).
Cut the chocolate in pieces and melt them with the butterin bain marie.Mix well to obtain a homogeneous texture.
In a large bowlmix the flour with the yeast,, the remaining sugar and the sifted cocoa. Make a well in the center and then incorporate whole eggs and chocolate/butter mixture.Pour half of dough in a buttered cake tin and arrangw the whole pears and cover with the rest of the dough. Bake for about 40 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.


Chocolate sauce (optative)

120 grams semisweet chocolate 
coarsely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream

Place chocolate in a  medium bowl.
In a saucepan bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate whisk until smooth.
Let cool until thick  by 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour over chocolate /pears cake for a double chocolate treat.



print recipe





pears from here





En español
Cake de peras y chocolate

















58 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Gloria! I don't think pears are in season yet here, but when they are, I'm making this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks gorgeous! Interesting that you made this with yeast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once chocolate is mentioned you have me hooked :-) I have never tried a cake with yeast interesting. Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I had the doubt about yeast but I trust in french recipes, was good!!

      Delete
  4. We could switch, I'll take some heat for a while and you can have cold haha Don't think I've ever eaten a pear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wait. soon you will have spring and then ..summer :)
      I can't believe you never eaten a pear Pat!

      Delete
  5. Pere e cioccolato sono un'abbinamento fantastico, deve essere buonissima!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pears and chocolate? Sounds like an intriguing mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes is really good David I love pears and chocolat!

      Delete
  7. This is so tempting! The perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy and so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria, Nice way to save those pears... They pair well with chocolate! Like you, I hate wasting food. Leftovers, produce, fruit...we try to use it all before it goes bad. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know David but in the summer all is so fast! Now I have in the fridge, plums and peaches, mmm I have to do something again! xoxo
      Thanks David!

      Delete
  10. I'm not ready for fall, but I'm read for a big slice of this fabulous pear cake! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no You have to be ready for Spring Lizzy!! I know. Only the hot time make me feel exausted.
      Thanks dear Lizzy! :)

      Delete
  11. Chocolat et poire, une association gagnante!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pears! This looks and sounds so delicious. I can imagine it is refreshing in the summer too. :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, yes I think pears are amazing in any time, my tree is with pears now. Hugs!

      Delete
  13. Buono questo dolce, pere e cioccolato che bontà!
    Io vedo l'ora che arrivi la primavera :)
    Un bacio e buona domenica

    ReplyDelete
  14. un dessert fantastico cara Gloria, sei sempre bravissima ! Buon we, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful bake! Love how it looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delicious combination Gloria. I have never had the pleasure to try this and you have presented this dessert so beautifully it must be irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anche io non sopporto sprecare il cibo, è proprio più forte di me. Hai trovato un modo golosissima per utilizzare le pere che ti avanzavano. Altro che buttarle, guarda qua che golosità hai sfornato. Bella l'idea della pera intera

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this looks amazing! I'm saving this to make.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's the most perfect treat, Gloria ! Pears and chocolate always match perfectly !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup mon cheri, Je adore poires and chocolat!!

      Delete
  20. I want mine with a lot of sauce! This sounds perfect and I get my chocolate and fruit in one bite!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great dessert, Gloria! It looks fabulous and delicious! love your presentation also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pears and chocolate...wow...what a delicious combination!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this, dearest Gloria...it is just the thing for a cold winter's day!☺☺

    Have a great weekend!

    Lots of love and hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Ygraine hope you have a nice and warm weekend ! hugs!1

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love baking with pears Gloria! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pears and chocolate are so delicious together! I love how the how pears look when they are sliced :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted