17 November 2017

Chocolate orange Marmalade Brownies (recipe by Jamie Schler) Brownies de chocolate y mermelada de naranja










For a long time I wanted to make a recipe for Jamie Schler from Orange Appeal's book (Savory and sweet) and I was finally able to make these brownies because Christmas is coming and it does not stop by.
I knew first Jamie by her blog if you can look, amazing recipes and lovely writing in her blog : Life's a feast

Jamie's book is wonderful, I also adore the orange, it is also said that the combination chocolate / oranges is one of my favorites so they were warmly welcomed here at home.

They were so fresh in the morning that it cost me to cut them for the photo but it is a recipe that I recommend anyway.
The book can be found on  Amazon.com


Source : Orange Appeal's book  (Savory and sweet)






Ingredients



60 grams  (2 ounces) unsweetened or bitter baking chocolate
30 grams (1 ounce) orange infused 70 percent dark chocolate  such as Lindt Excellence orange intense
3//4 cup ( 3 1/2 ounces)  all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (4 ounce/115 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup (170 grams) light or golden brown sugar
1/4 cup (50 grams ) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoons grand Marnier or Cointreau or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
3 heaping tablespoons bitter orange marmalade



Method

Preheat the oven to 180° C (350 °F).

Lightly butter  a square pan (23 cm /9 inch)
or line with parchment  paper leaving several inches overhaging  for lifting the brownie out of the pan, lightly butter the foil or parchment.

Slowly melt both chocolates together in a doble boiler over simmering hot water . Remove from the heat when all but 1/4 of the chocolate  has melted then stir vigorously until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. 
Set aside to cool slightly.

Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl whisking to blend.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until light, smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, just until combined.
Add the vanilla,grand marnier and melted chocolate and beat until smooth and blended, scraping down the bowl as necessary.

Fold in the dry ingredients by hand until well blended and smooth, not over mix.
 Gently swirl the orange marmalade, completely combining for an overall orange flavor, scrape the batter imto the prepared pan and smooth.
 Alternately, pour the batter into the pan and spoon the marmalade onto the brownies and swirl  in with a knife.
Bake about 30 minutes, until the center is set but still moist.


Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack before slicing. If the pan was lined with foil or parchmente, allow the brownies to cool for 10  minutes before lifting them out to a cooling rack.





print recipe 




en español

Brownies de chocolate y mermelada de naranjas



























67 comments:

  1. Jamies recipes won't let you down, right? They look fantastic and a perfect recipe to use up some leftover marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her recipes Angie, I have the kindle version but I will buy the book ! I want to have the book in my library! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book at her sea and a fine recipe to come to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! really is a wonderful book! Is in kindle and paper book!

      Delete
  4. Gloria, My wife loves brownies and orange marmalade so this is a can't miss in our house! They look great too. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David I love the mix chocolate and orange marmalade!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy !I lvoe the association of orange & chocolate .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate and orange is a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes David, really is, these brownie are awesome !

      Delete
  8. Cioccolato e arancia una accoppiata meravigliosa!
    Un bacio :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love any kind of brownies, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Jamie's blog and all her amazing recipes. These brownies sound marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lizzy and love this book too, I have to make others recipes ! xoxox

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing! The brownies look perfect, exactly as I hoped they would be when someone followed the recipe! Perfect! I am so happy that you are enjoying my cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Jamie really love your recipes !

      Delete
    2. I have to translate the recipe to spanish.I will make it soon !

      Delete
  12. The title alone has me drooling! And anything made with Lindt chocolates gets my seal of approval. These will be perfect for Christmas dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankd Theresa I love this mix of chocolate and orange marmalade !

      Delete
  13. cioccolato e arancia , che bontà !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Gloria, I followed your recommendation and took a look at the book on amazon. It looks like there are a lot of wonderful recipes and inspirations to be found in that book!
    And these brownies...just wonderful. My husband loves bitter orange marmelade and I think I will give this recipe a try and see whether he enjoys these brownies.
    Thank you for a very inspirational blog post, my friend!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im happy you like the book Andrea .I love many recipes in thia book, I hope to make soon others recipes.
    thanks for stopping by Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I bet they're nice with that little bit of orange through them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just look at those brownies! Looks really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The combination of chocolate and orange sounds delightful! Jamie's cookbook must be wonderful, Gloria. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chocolate and orange are the perfect match! The brownies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband enjoys the chocolate/orange combination. I know he would LOVE these brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chocolate and orange go hand in hand together. I really love your brownies. This is a very nice recipe Gloria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Gloria, Chocolate and oranges are a perfect combo. Those brownies would not last one evening in my house. Wishing you a beautiful weekend. xoxo Catherine .

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anche per me cioccolato e arancia sono un'ottima accoppiata per cui non ho dubbi che questi brownies siano fantastici!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never had anything like these! Boy do they sound delicious! YUM! What a great combination of ingredients. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, and talking about books you would love this book, is in kindlke and paper . hugs!

      Delete
  25. I bet these are delicious Gloria, you are such a great baker.

    ReplyDelete
  26. They look so nice ... and Grand Marnier too! Delicious!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Accoppiata vincente cioccolato e arancia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love orange and chocolate together! I'm sure these would be delicious! They
    look really moist, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy ! I love chocolate and orange too!

      Delete
  29. Chocolate and Orange. What a delicious combination, Gloria!
    A big hug,
    Maria Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  30. I’ll never ever miss the chance to read your new blogs. Glittering work guys!!
    homekitchenproducts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. The thing that you just offer is value our case and the force.
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's offensively easy to seek out any matter on web as compared to books, as I found this text at this website.
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  33. Superb Article i like Play Bazaar by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted