23 August 2017

Simple raspberry curd Ice cream ( Helado con crema de frambuesas)




To make this recipe I was inspired  by that delicious lemon curd ice cream I posted times ago.

I find a raspberry curd recipe  and I thought sound very good and I always have frozen raspberries so  one thing brings to the other.
 The result was really successful !

Raspberry curd recipe from: Sauce pots




Ingredients (6 servings)

2 cups heavy cream chilled
 1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Raspberrry curd  (2 cups)

Raspberry curd

300 grams frozen raspberries
130 grams caster sugar
2 tablespoon corn flour (cornstarch)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs yolks
1 tablespoon salted butter


Raspberry curd method

Add the raspberries, caster sugar,lemon juice, water to a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir to combine.

Cook the fruit, allowing it to simmer until is completely broken down.
Take of the heat and allow to sit until the fruit has cooled a bit. Be careful  as the mixture still be hot.

Strain the mixture using a fine mesh sieve. Use a spatula or spoon to push through the fruit puree and hel the process along. This will remove the seeds.
In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks  and corn flour until you have a loose paste.
Add the egg yolk mixture into the puree, over a low medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
Cook about 1 minute until the mixture thickens,is fast be careful.
Add the butter and stir it is melted and totally combined with trhe curd.
Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge before use.


Method (for Ice cream)


Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer about 10 to 15 minutes.
When is ready add 2 cups of chilled heavy cream and whisk until soft peaks form.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla .
Now gently fold 1 can of sweetened condensed milk  in whipped cream  until combined.

Carefully spoon 1/3 of whipped cream into a loaf pan.
Top with several dollops of raspberry curd .
Gently swirl with a knife.
Spoon whipped cream again and add some raspberry curd as desired.
Spoon the rest of whipped cream and finally put some dollops of raspberry curd .
Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and place in freezer about 2 hours or until is solid.
Serve and enjoy !


Note : Only add  finally whole raspberries if you dont have problems with the seeds, if not only use the raspberry curd that is strained (not pipes)



Print recipe






















en español
Helado con crema de frambuesas





















66 comments:

  1. Berries for the win, sure works at our bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, yes and raspberries are beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I loved your raspberry ice cream using the juice but this would not agree with me, the pips give me diverticulitis!!! Have a good day Diane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane but this recipe is perfect for you . Only use the raspberry curd (not add whole raspberries)
      look I made this because my mom can't eat the pipes !
      hugs!!

      Delete
    2. My mom has diverticulitis too!

      Delete
  4. That looks divine and nice of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I need to make raspberry curd, too! Your ice cream looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks dear Linda ! something happens and your comment was delete. Im sorry .
    If you read me pleass write something :)
    thanks for visit. hugs to you and miss V !

    ReplyDelete
  7. che delizia irresistibile ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love raspberries. This sounds so good. Your pictures have my mouth watering! Yum!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria, We love raspberries...especially in ice cream...also in a nice raspberry white chocolate scone. Raspberry ice cream would be a real treat! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really tasty! I just tried my hand at homemade ice cream recently and was pleased to learn it's not as hard as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. che golosità irresistibile O_O adoro i lamponi!! baci <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Raspberries are one of my favourite fruits ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adoro i lamponi e questo gelato è meraviglioso :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Che splendida visione, i lamponi mi piacciono tantissimo!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first photo looks so good I'd be afraid to spoil it by eating it! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Thanks David, is the light I think sometimes the light is perfect others not !

      Delete
    2. And I dont use photoshop :) :)

      Delete
  16. I love ice cream not only during summer but also in winter! This is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Same here Katerina. Usually I make Ice cream in all seasons !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, Gloria...you must be psychic!!
    Such a lovely warm day here...and this is the most perfect afternoon treat to accompany it.
    Your ice cream looks amazingly delicious...oh I am totally hooked...will rush out and buy the ingredients today!
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks Ygraine, try this, you will love is delicious and easy !
    hugss and love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delicious, Gloria, and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make the best flavors of ice cream Gloria, this raspberry curd one looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such an inviting dessert Gloria. I wish I could dip a spoon in! Buonissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Che bontà! Adoro i lamponi.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grazie Natalia I love raspberries too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gloria, you always make the best ice cream! This looks and sounds delicious and I could eat it any time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What beautiful red swirls of raspberry in your ice cream, Gloria! Gorgeous and delicious :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Jacqueline . I will visit you !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Gloria! It looks beautiful and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Gloria, What a delicious looking dessert to enjoy this holiday weekend. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  30. I never ever read such type of info before this was really incredible.
    homekitchenproducts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted