8 August 2017

Lemon curd Ice cream (Helado con crema de limon)






I just love lemon curd, really everything with lemon, and I even have a label called Lemon recipes in my  Index.
This ice cream enchants to everybody and I have to do it again because they complain that it lasts very little.

This homemade  no churn ice cream is really delicious and creamy.

Adapted from  : Life Taste good












Ingredients

(6 servings)

2 cups heavy cream chilled
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Lemon curd  (2 cups)


Lemon curd

1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon lemon zest

Method

In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter in the microwave about 45 seconds.
Let cool a little.
Add 1/2 cup lemon juice, add the sugar,  stir well with a fork and add the 3 eggs beaten, 
Whisk with a  little hand mixer (or fork)  until all ingredients are mixed together throughly.

Place the bowl in the microwave and cook in high power for  1  minute.
Remove from heat and whisk throughly. 

The mixture will still be thin, but the whisking is the key, so be sure to whisk after each heating, microwave again for 30 seconds and remove and whisk again.

Repeat this process 3 more times until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Once the mixture is thickened and creamy like custard allow it to cool.



Making the Ice cream


Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer about 10-15 minutes.
When is chilled add 2 cups of chilled heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
Soft peaks are formed when you lift the whisk attachment out of the cream and it leaves a peak with the tip bending over.

Gently fold 1 can of sweetened condensed milk to whipped cream until combined.

Carefully spoon  1/3 of the whipped cream mixture into a loaf pan.
Top with several dollops of lemon curd and gently swirl with a knife.
Spoon whipped cream again and add some lemon curd as desired.
Spoon the rest of the whipped cream  and finally put some dollops of lemon curd.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer  until solid.
Serve and enjoy.



Print recipe
















Se que aún estamos en invierno en Chile (con algunos dias primaverales) pero realmente me doy cuenta que hace much en Chile se comen helados todo el año.
Y creanme este es mucho mas delicioso que algunos helados que se compran en el super y son carísimos.
Es absolutamente delicioso y adictivo.
Me estan pidiendo que lo haga de nuevo ....



Ingredientes

1 tarro de leche condensada
2 tazas de crema para batir bien fria
Lemon curd o crema de limon  (2 tazas)
Mas abajo pongo la receta. Es muy facil y se hace en microondas.

Lemon curd o crema de limon

1/4 taza de mantequilla derretida
1/2 taza de jugo de limon
1 taza de azúcar
3 huevos batidos 
1 cucharada de ralladura de limon

Preparacion helado









68 comments:

  1. Gloria, We love ice cream but we've never had lemon curd ice cream. We like lemons and lemon flavor so why not! Looks great... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, a nice summer dessert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sage yes and is easy and delicious !

      Delete
  3. Looks so good! I love lemon curd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemon too. This looks refreshing, creamy, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon curd and ice cream sound like a heavenly combo, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often make a cofffee no churn ice cream ! I should definitely try this one !
    Have a nice day, Gloria !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Hele, I have to try coffe no churn Ice cream ! bises!

      Delete
  7. Love homemade ice cream, they are the best☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, what a gorgeous ice cream! I love all the lemon curd swirled throughout!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy aah the lemon curd is addictive :) :)

      Delete
  9. Just loving your ice cream recipes and this is another one I will try, yum yum. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I hope you enjoy this, you still are in summer there :)

      Delete
  10. Lemon sure is a hit with most at our work sea, all they seem to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunshine in a bowl!! Yum!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie and I love the colours are absolutely natural, is the eggs and the lemon :)

      Delete
  12. This combines two of my favorite things--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love everything about this combo Gloria, sounds so refreshing. I bet this is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deve essere buonissimo, bravissima Gloria!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious. The Chef is a big fan of lemon flavoured anything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. deve essere buonissimo! Cremoso e fresco :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  17. che delizia Gloria, lo mangerei volentieri adesso ! Un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks and sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fresco e cremoso, buonissimo!! O_O un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  20. From your photographs it looks delicious and I bet it does taste good!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tuoi gelati sono sempre super!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect ice-cream!
    I`m following your blog with a great pleasure with Google+
    Please follow me back - Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Gloria, love ice cream, love lemons and lemon curd - so homemade ice cream with homemade lemon curd is simply the very best, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ice cream too Andrea. Happens me really I love more homemade Ice cream :)
      thanks dear !

      Delete
  24. This looks scrumptious! I find lemon flavored things so refreshing. Perfect for anytime- but it was a hot day today and this looks like it would hit the spot. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also love all things lemon. Makes me want to try this right now! Too bad I am going on holiday tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathleen, hope you can try any day.
      If you love lemon you will love this !

      Delete
  26. This is delicious Gloria! Lemon curd is very popular in England and easy to find. I love your idea of ice cream. Bacioni!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds fabulous. I'm actually starting to like lemon in desserts-never did when I was a child. And I even have lemon curd in the fridge. Consider this made!

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks Abbe is really delicious ! I hope you enjoy ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds great, Gloria! I'd take lemon over chocolate any day and am happy to have this recipe with lemon curd in it. And no churn is even better. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love lemon curd, but have never had lemon curd ice cream. How delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a great idea, especially for someone who loves lemon but doesn't like sorbet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE lemon desserts, Gloria! What a beautiful way to use lemon curd. Wish I lived next door ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah would be fun we were neighbors !
      I love yours recipes too :)

      Delete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted