26 July 2017

Vanilla creme brulee (Cream brulée)





Creme brulee is one of my favorite desserts, soft, delicious and I love that sugar burned on the surface. 
I have done it other times but this recipe seemed simply delicious.
It is for any season or after any meal, it is always pleasant to eat.

Source : Cooking (New York Times)  (Mark Bittman)








Ingredients



2 cups heavy or half and half cream 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla bean)
pinch of salt
5 egg yolks
3/4 cups of sugar more for topping

Method

Heat oven to 170°c (325 F)
In a saucepan , combine cream, vanilla extractand salt and cookover low heat justy until hot. Let sit for a few minutes.
If you use vanilla bean discard now.

In a bowl beat yolks and sugar together until light.  Stir about a quarter of the cream into the mixture, then pour sugar -egg mixture  into cream and stir.
Pour into four  ramekins  and place ramekins in a baking dish , fill dish with boiling water halfway up the side of dishes.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until centers are barely set. Cool completely about 2 hours.

When ready to serve , top each custard with about a teaspoon of sugar in a thin layer. If you use a torch melt the sugar carefully and form a crispy top. Allow the cream brulee to sit at least 5 minutes before serving.

Or place ramekins in a brolier 2 to 3 inches from heat source. Turn on broiler. Cook until sugar melts and browns or ever blackens a bit.




Print recipe














en español


cream brulee







65 comments:

  1. I love creme brulee, too! So pretty in your red dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy ! xoxox
      First time Im using !!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful creme brulee, looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to beat creme brulee! I don't think folks realize that it isn't that hard to make. And so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect creme brulee! Good job, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to make it finally, looks delicious ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. One for any season is sure a win at your bin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think this is my favourite dessert. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. gnam gnam....deliziosa questa crema :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite dessert...and you mastered...looks perfect, creamy and rich!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe Gloria! Have a wonderful rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chissà che profumo e che sapore questo golosissimo dessert. Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  11. un dessert che piace a tutti, delizioso ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria, It's hard to beat a nice creme brulee with that nice crispy flavor filled sugary top! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of creme brulee, of course, but never tried it. Looks very, very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am mad about creme brulee. You have made it so well. Brava Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Molto goloso e invitante questo dessert. Grazie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful! And I love those red dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice !
    My mother in law cook very delicious "crème brûlée ". I love that !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful You make me want to eat desert every day of the week :-) I hope you're having a lovely summer, my friend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so tasty! One of my good friends loves creme brulee- and I am going to pass this on to them. :) Gorgeous pictures too.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adoro la consistenza di questo dolce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Gloria, A beautiful comforting dessert to enjoy. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love this dessert Gloria, your cream brulee looks perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very popular dessert, thanks for sharing.
    Love your photo's.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. So funny - I am making creme brulee today! It's my favorite treat.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent, Gloria! I can see why you love this great dessert! Me too! Have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Creme brulee is one of my all-time favorite desserts, Gloria! I haven't made it in such a long time and now you've tempted me :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am really tempted by these! It looks delicious Gloria!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted