18 July 2017

lemon glaze madeleines Magdalenas con glaze de limon)








If there is something that we love to bake here are madeleines  so that the other day there were complaints because they were very few !
Sometimes that happens. They assume that there will always be something baked or dessert.
 But  not always  I have the time.
Anyway, I hope to make madeleines again.(maybe tomorrow)
Here is the recipe  I used.
So good and delicious!


Source: Patisserie made simple by Edd Kimber







Ingredients

3 large eggs
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100 grams unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
plus extra for greasing


Lemon glaze


zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup more two tablespoons powdered sugar sifted


Method

Put the eggs and the sugar in a large bowl and using and electric mixer beat untiñ thick and pale, about 6 minutes,. Put tyhe flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and beat togetherto combine. Sift a third of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, carefully folding to combine using a spatula, then add the remaining mixture in two additions in the same way.

Take a large spoonful of the butter and add this to a small bowl along with the butter, mixing them to lighten the butter. Pour the butter mixture into the batter and gently fold together to combine. Press a sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface and then put in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before baking.

To make the lemon glaze

Put the lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mix together using a wooden spoon until you have  a smooth glaze. Press a plastic wrap onto the surface of the glaze until needed.


An hour before baking grease a 12 hole madeleines pan very well and dust with a little flour. Transfer the pan to the freezer to chill.
Preheat the oven to 190° (410 F) when you are ready to bake spoon the batter into the madeleine molds.
 You don't need spread it out, as this will happens as the madeleines bake. 
Bake for 10 minutes until the edges have started to brown. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack.
 Let cool for 10 minutes before dipping into the glaze. Allow the excesss to drip back into the bowl before setting onto the wire rack, set over a piece of parchment paper to set.


Print recipe here

























en español

magdalenas con glace de limon

























70 comments:

  1. I've never tried madeleines before. They look very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure you would love with a coffe of course are better than muffins !

      Delete
  2. Now id only I could find a Madeleine's pan !! They sound very yummy. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. In spite of never baked madeleines, I love its delicate texture and I am loving the lemon glaze on it...looks awesome Gloria.
    I hope you have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These madeleines look perfect! I can see why they didn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lizzy :)
      yes hubby asked all days : and canela kitchen doesnt make nothing today????
      Omy!

      Delete
  5. Gloria, Your madeleines with lemon glaze look great! I could eat a half dozen of them right now! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. would be so good with a cup of tea right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adoro le madeleines al limone. ancora più buona con la glassa :) un abbraccio cara, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love madeleines! I also love the little serving plate.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sure look like they will do the trick and stop the complaining at your sea haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the taste of lemons ...
    Your madeleines look very good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Madeleine look delicious. I love the lemon flavor. My house is the same way, when our kids stop out to see they always think I will have baked goods for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha! here always happens this !
    thanks Dawn ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love madeleines, Gloria. These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look perfect and so does your charming tea set:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sono perfette e incantevoli! Buonissime con la glassa al limone :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  16. These lemon madeleines would be a huge hit with my entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks good (and fattening) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what can I say ? I cook and bake only per passione and try to do the best!

      Delete
  18. che delizia queste madeleines ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never made Madeleines with lemon and would love to try them soon! I would love these :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, is a really delicious recipe and I love this book where I find the recipe !

      Delete
  20. Hi, I have just stumbled upon you blog and these delicious look Madeleines which reminds me that I have a Madeleines pan somewhere that I have never used. Your recipe has inspired me to pull it out and try this recipe. Why is it that the batter is chilled for two hours and also the pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcelina ! I think the pan is not necessary chilled but the batter yes. I made this recipe exactly like I find in this book "pattiserie made simple" This guy has amazing recipes.

      Delete
  21. I don't know why I never tried madeleines despite having a pan for more than a year now... looking at yours, I feel I must bake some pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have to try Rafee and the kids would love them!

      Delete
  22. These madeleines look delicious Gloria, I can see why everyone wants you to bake more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely and elegant they look, just perfect when you want something with your coffee.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adoro questi dolcetti che si sciolgono in bocca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Che belle e sopratutto delizose le madeleines. Grazie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tes madeleines doivent être délicieuses. J'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so so yummy!!

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks so much !
    I will visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. They look so tasty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow...these look really delicious...I can't wait to try them!

    Dear Gloria...thank you so, so much for your kind support during my recent illness...I can't begin to express how much it means to me...
    Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice too see you again Ygraine !!
    you are welcome again :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Brava Gloria!!! Anch'io ho lo stampo, proverò la tua golosa versione!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ummm,mmmm, Gloria! What a good wife and mom you are to make so many goodies for them! I can imagine how fast they disappeared! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I make some things especially for my mom because she is really weak now, she has problems with her legs so she can't bake any more, the last year she made cookies for Christmas but she was so tired. Is sad when you love cook or bake and can't

      Delete
  34. I love lemon-flavored sweets! The glaze on these sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  35. superbe et délicieux
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't think I have ever had one of these. Of course they sound delicious and I would love to try one. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted