16 June 2017

Ile flottante (Floating island) Leche Nevada




For days I wanted to make Floating Islands because I saved some egg whites when I made Cream brulee, I finally got it. It's been a busy week.
I really liked this recipe with the praline, although it is different from others I have done!
Just delicious!

Adapted from  Nine Kitchen.com







Ingredients

Caramel sauce and praline
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 grams sliced almonds

Meringues

8 egg whites
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon crea of tartar
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Creme anglaise

1 1/2 cup pouring cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar



Method

1, To make caramel sauce,combinr sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. Raise heat to moderate, then cook, without disturbing, until caramel coloured. Swirl, then remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup water and vanilla. Cook over high heat, stirring until caramel is almost brown . 

To make praline preheat oven to 180°c and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Combine 1/2 cup caramel sauce with almonds, then  spread onto baking sheet. 
Bake about 10 minutes.  When cool, break into little  pieces  and you can chop in a processor. 


Lower oven temperature 120°c and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
To make the meringues, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until stiff and glossy. Whisk in vanilla. Spoon or pie large mounds on the sheets and bake for 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

To make creme anglaise, gently bring cream to a boil in a pan..
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Beat yolks with sugar until pale.. Pour in a little cream. then place mixture in the pan with the rest of the cream. 
Using a wooden spoon stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until mixture coats the back of the spoon.

To serve pour cooled cream into plates or bowls, top with meringue , and sprinkle with praline or drizzle with caramel sauce.



praline







 meringues






Print recipe






En español


Leche nevada


















72 comments:

  1. I love desserts with meringue..that looks marvelous! Happy Weekend, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Gloria! I have not made these in years and they never looked so beautiful!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like clouds! Yum! Love the plates, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like they are floating away. Neat indeed at your bay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sembrano nuvole! Deliziose :)
    Un bacio e buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ile flottante is one of my favorite desserts but I have never made it. Your recipe looks good and I hope I can make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerlinde, really I loved this recipe !

      Delete
  7. Looks very fancy, love it☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bellissime da vedere, buonissime da mangiare!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria, Beautiful dessert! Can't miss with creme brulee, almonds, pralines and caramel! I love your plates too... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David !
      Love these plates too I bought on a sale years ago I use a lot, are italian !

      Delete
  10. Such a pretty looking dessert this one is... Thank you for your comment dear... I have been posting alternate days on the blog but haven't been commenting around due to lack of time... Your comment made me feel so good, thank you so much for your understanding! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah Fede of course I understand you and why Ramadan is important for you :)
      we are friends ♡♡

      Delete
  11. che delizia, buona domenica Gloria, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Un dessert très gourmand. J'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Once we took my French mother out to a fancy French restaurant and for dessert she ordered ile floantte. She said it was awful, but that didn't surprise us because she always hated restaurants in general. But she said she'd make it the next day and she did, without a recipe. And it was so much better. I don't know what they did wrong, because it's a simple recipe, but so pretty and fun to eat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous looking plate ...
    Delicious I'm sure.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an elegant, delicious dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mamma mia che golosità!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. aah thanks Sage Im glad you like ! how are you doing?

      Delete
  18. Ma che bella ricetta Gloria!Questa proprio non la conosco! Sembra buonissima!

    ReplyDelete
  19. non l'ho mai fatta, ma mi hai ricordato che c'è sempre una prima volta! :) grazie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks and sounds wonderful! I have never had it before- but now I would love to try it. :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one of my favourite desserts but not one that I've ever made myself - I really should, yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Gloria, this is definitely a five-star dessert, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So busy here also, Gloria, and time spent outdoors is taking priory for me these warm days that won't last long here :) I have never made floating island but when I do it will be with the praline that you used. I love this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Susan, I can't believe we are in last June!! all thesed months were busy and so fast!!
      Thanks by stopping by!

      Delete
  24. though i've never made this or eaten it, i've always been impressed and dazzled by it! very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such amazing dessert. Love the praline. I haven't made them for ages. Yummm....
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just made lavender vanilla angel food cake with my leftover whites (should be posted next week)! Also leftover from creme brulee! This is another great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted