29 May 2017

Apricots in wine with baked custard and almonds (Postre de damascos al vino con miel y almendras)









When I saw these photos and  was making this post I could not believe that the summer (here)went so fast.

 We are already in Autumn and near the winter. We had nice apricots but everything was so quickly .
But I always thought of doing this post at the time when the north are already in the season of apricots.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
I will wait to my next summer to enjoy apricots.

xo

source : Daily telegraph.co.uk










Ingredients

custard

400 ml milk 
350 ml double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 egg yolks
70 grams sugar

Poached apricots

500 ml moscato or white wine
2 tablespoons honey
6 or 8 ripe apricots, halved and stoned


 almonds

60 grams almonds sliced lengthways in half
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Method

Preheat the oven 160° (325 F)
To make the custard pour the milk and cream into a pan and add the vanilla.
Simmer gently for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Beat together the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl.
Very slowly pour the warmed milk and cream into the eggs, whisking constantly. Return the mix to the pan and place over a low heat,stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, until thickened.

Pour this mix into a 1 litre overproof dish that is at least 5 cm deep. Fold an old tea towell in half and place one of the bottom of a large roasting tin that will easily fit your overproof dish. Sit the custard dish on top of the tea towell  and pour the water from a boiling kettle around the sides  of the dish to make a bain marie- you want the water to come halfway up the sides. 
Very carefully take to the ovan and bake  for 40 minutes or until set into the middle- you want a little custard to cling to it.
Remove the dish from  the bain marie and let cool.







Combine the wine and honet in a saucepan and place over a lowheat until honey dissolves. Add the apricots and make sure they are fully submerged. Simmer for about 4 mintes until they are just tender.

Transfer the apricots to a dish,then return the liquid to a medium heat and boil until reduced by half.

To make the almonds melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat. When it just begin to bubble,add the almonds and sti, moving them constantly for 5 minutes until they begin to turn golden. Take oof the heat and toss with the sugar and salt. Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Serve the apricots with a spoonful of custard and a sprinkling of almonds.




Print recipe


















En español 

Postre de damascos al vino con miel y almendras


































67 comments:

  1. Gloria, We love apricots although most of the ones we eat are naturally dried. We don't see fresh apricots in the marketplace very often. Your dessert is beautiful... I'll take 2 servings please! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love apricots too and dried are delicious too ! I hope same day you can see in yours stores fresh apricots ! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This looks so good I could eat that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant, delicious dessert!, Gloria. I wish I had an apricot tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy I feel nostalgia, I love apricots and the season is too short!

      Delete
  4. What beautiful apricots dear Gloria! The seasons seem to change so quickly these days. We are in Spring with the promise of Summer around the corner. Your dessert looks lovely Gloria. I'm sure it's delicious:) Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise all my life I love apricots when I was little always asked when begin the summer, for cherries and apricots! Thanks for visit me dear Louise :)

      Delete
  5. Un dessert veramente delizioso, complimenti. Bacioni e buona settimana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks luscious and heavenly, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almonds and apricot seeds I eat, so kinda two for me at my sea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Che bontà questo dolce con le albicocche :) Una vera delizia!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually don't click on desserts, but this one can't be ignored. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. buonissime!! complimenti per questa ricetta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Gloria, apricot poached in moscato? Sounds and looks divine...even better with cream...fantastic recipe...thanks for sharing it!
    Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. delizioso questo dessert!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds absolutely delightful, Gloria! I love apricots! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gloria, reading your post, I am reminded we are on opposite seasons. I crave fall. I am not a fan of hot weather (smile) even though I have lived a lifetime in Florida.

    Your autumn dessert with apricots is beautiful. A perfect cool weather dessert.

    Happy autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Velva I love autumn and winter too, last summer here was terrible, I prefer cold weather!

      Delete
  15. I have always liked apricots- but haven't had one in ages. This recipe looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope your fall is lovely. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, hope you can enjoy fresh apricots soon!

      Delete
  16. That apricot tree is fabulous! Wow! I would love to have that in my garden!
    Your dessert looks beautiful on that blue plate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you love has an apricot tree, isabsolutely nice and delcious and you can make jam!

      Delete
  17. Un dessert fresco che profuma di belle serate estive! Un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks dreamy! We had apricot trees in our backyard when I was little. I miss those trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, is wonderful have some apricots trees, really enjoy them !

      Delete
  19. i've never had a fresh apricot, but i love them dried! this looks delightful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace you have to try fresh apricots , are wonderful!

      Delete
  20. Apricots and Almonds ... a winning combination.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. un dessert delizioso Gloria, un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love apricots,what a great recipe☺

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ottime queste albicocche, deliziosa ricetta!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fruit desserts are my favorite! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is just mouth watering. Have a great Sunday Diane

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love apricots; i'm sure that dish is delicious !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  27. quel beau dessert vraiment un délice
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  28. For us summer is still ahead of us and this recipe is a great idea to use them now that are in season!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I drove through the Central Valley in California yesterday and bought a crate (30 pounds) of apricots. I make jam with them. I love your recipe and hope to make it with some of my apricots. My all time favorite with apricots is Marillen Knödel ( Austrian apricot dumplings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerlinde I love apricots and I made jam too !! What nice meet you!!

      Delete
    2. I was looking your blog and you have amazing recipes !

      Delete
  30. I had an apricot tree when I was growing up. This dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam Im happey when we arrived here hubby the first he planted was apricots trees and are amazing!!

      Delete
  31. Che splendida produzione di albicocche, infatti da noi ora è il loro momento e la tua golosa ricetta arriva al momento giusto!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted